Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm soooo confused....

fit1

Hey guys (or girls)...
I have heard over and over that while doing my cardio, I need to keep my MHR at 70%. Well, now I'm hearing that that is too high -- that it should be between 45-55 to burn fat...any higher, you're just burning muscle...so...anybody know the RIGHT way??????

def. NOT a pro here...but i think that a variation would be good. ill mix it up.. like do HIIT, quick cardio..maybe 30min.. high intensity --hr at about 70%. then my next cardio day ill do 60min keeping my hr b/w 45-60. i dont think that fast intense cardio burns muscle.. not sure.. but i do know that it burns major calories and u continue to burn calories the rest of the day too.... soooooo good luck now go run run run!! :) -- KBgrl

The higher the intensity the cardio, the less fat and more muscle glycogen you use. At about 85% of your VO2 max or 90% max HR you are burning mostly glycogen and then blood glucose. But, high intensity work increases metabolic rate for a period of time following your exercise session and at rest this means more fat used as energy because you burn mostly fat at rest. This is why interval work is gaining popularity. In addition, the work-rest break (i.e. walking or slow jog) in-between interval sprints employs aerobic metabolism.

Personally, I'd mix it up. Use interval sprint training perhaps 2-4 d/wk and 1-2 days of low intensity prolonged work (power walking). You might even split the interval sets into two in one day. One early and one later (on non-lifting days) to increase metabolic rate and fat oxidation throughout the day. I'd put a couple of days in-between along with some carb intake between the last interval sprint day and heavy leg day however.

W6

OUCH, Warlobo!!!! That was cold...but in fact, i'm not blond, thank you very much!!!!;)
Does blond highlights count??? lol

Wilson -- thx for the input...i "think" i understand...could you use more simpler terms seeing that i am blonde and all???? :confused: j/k....
that's what i'll do then...just mix it up.
thanks guys.:)

Top Bottom