Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'm frustrated!!

LaDyBuG

hey guys! i guess you could consider me a newbie as far as posts go anyways....i read all the time though...anyways, i just wanted to tell you guys my info...hoping that i can get some good advice and mostly MOTIVATION...my workouts are good...i lift 4 days a week...but my cardio and diet are what's lagging...i think if i really put my mind to it, i can muster the energy to do the cardio (haha) but as far as my diet goes, i suck....i just love to eat too much...it's so hard for me to eat clean as well...being a college student makes this extremely difficult at times...my roommates and i don't buy junk food or eat out a lot...we actually buy pretty decent stuff...it's so hard for me to eat my 5 to 6 meals a day...and when i do get to eat, i'm starving to death and eat twice as much as i should...i think my calories are close to where they should be per day but i don't think that they are spread out the way that they need to be....i just need some advice, some tips on being a college student and still maintaining a good diet....thanks a lot in advance...ladybug

stats: 5'7'' 128lbs bodyfat-20% (would like to lower this to about 18 if possible...maybe even lower)

oh and my measurements are:
chest- 36''
waist- 26''
hips- 36''
approx....just in case this helps any...bug

hey spatterson, thanks for replying so quickly...right now i work out 4 times a week as i already stated...here is my workout:
day1-chest/tris
day2-shoulders/calves (light weight, high reps)
day3-back/bis
day4- legs/calves (heavy weight, low reps)
* there are 3 rest days mixed in here as well

i've been lagging on the ol' abs lately so i was thinking of throwing in at least 2 ab workouts a week

as far as cardio goes, i haven't done it in about 2 months!! i know, i suck...lol....anyways, was thinking of doing cardio on the days that i don't lift...probably 30mins each day...found an interval cadio program in my last m&f hers mag...thought i might try it???

and my diet...it's so sporadic...there is just no telling what i'll eat...

breakfast: usually some instant oatmeal, maybe a piece of wheat toast w/ natural peanut butter, a granola bar, or if i have time, some scrambled eggs...those are just some examples...i'm always in a rush in the mornings to get to class
lunch: whenever i get a break from class..usually between 12:30 pm and 2pm!! most of the time i eat a can of tuna w/ mayo and a few wheat crackers..sometimes a turkey sandwich w/ a few chips (i know, i know)
afternoon snack: crackers and natural peanut butter or animal crackers and nat pb
dinner: whatever my roommates and i cook...anything from grilled chicken breasts w/ green beans to hamburger helper...it just varies...

* i also have a big container of whey protein that hasn't been touched in a few months..i was waiting to start back on it when i decided to get serious about my diet
*also have a bottle of adipokinetix....???

i usually workout at around 6 pm...was thinking of doing my 3 days of cardio in the morning early...

Just tell me what you guys think...and i know my diet sucks..please don't bash me!-ladybug

how am i supposed to get all those meals in before my workout at 6 pm??!! i have to workout at 6 because i meet my partner there as soon as she gets off work....how often should i eat anyways?? every 2 1/2 or 3 hours?? is that right?....also was wondering how many cals that i need to consume a day....my goals are to lean out (drop a little bf) and gain muscle....my stats are above...please let me know about how many cals i need to get and also the best ways to get them...like how many carbs/protein/fats....i was thinking maybe an isocaloric...is this diet good for achieving my goals??---bug

I have classes all day a few days I week so I can relate..eating is not easy..I usually pack a protein shake..and a bar...I am big on eating real food..but I need something fast and easy at school. You want to try to get something in your system at least every 3 hours....keep your metabolism up..remember if you skip meals you are only hurting yourself...

You should take in 1-1.5 grams of protein per lb...get a good source w/ each meal..never eat a snack w/ just carbs alone..not a good idea. I would throw out your granola bar and replace it w/ a good protein bar...read the labels..a lot of bars are full of sugars and carbs...there are some good ones though. Myoplex makes a good one called cookies and cream...so does Protein diet..several flavors.

As far as carbs..try rotating them..high on days you train and low on days you do not train..100 grams or less on low days and 200-250 on high days...keep them complex...no junk...make sure you are drinking tons of water too...no soda or juices..and limit your beer drinking:) Finding a ratio that works for you takes time and you have to play w/ it...everyone is different so a diet that works for me, may not work for you. Right now I take in 2500-2800 calories approx...I am not eating a lot of junk...just a lot of red meat and food!! Except this weekend..I ate some shiat!

Goodluck to you.

thanks for the advice new...about these protein bars...the ones i've seen have been soooo expensive...way too expensive for this poor college girl... :) do you know of a place where i can get them pretty cheap...and also, how do they taste??

Check out some places online...like DPSNUTRITION.COM...NETRITION.COM...i think that is how you spell?? these places are usually cheaper than at your local GNC or nutrition store...the gyms usually have them pretty reasonably priced...just depends...buying them by the box is cheaper than just buying a few individual bars.

hey guys...another thing...should i multiply my body weight by 12 or 13 or what to get my total cals for the day?...remember i'm wanting to cut AND add muscle...and i don't wanna starve!!

Top Bottom