Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I hate Olympic Lifting

Gladiola

OK, no I don't really hate it, but..

I've come to realize that I'm having some GROWING PAINS! :( I went from totally 100% IN CONTROL of all my own workouts, huge variety in exercises, etc. to --->

NO MIRRORS, very similar stuff every workout, driving into downtown & worrying about my car being broken into, not only do I not plan my workouts - I often end up waiting for my coach to finish his own set or coversation so he can tell me what to do next - not knowing when I'll be done, getting home much later, etc. etc.

I miss drop sets, negatives, my partner, mirrors, trying new things I read about or we invented, our 'bondage' hamstring curls, our 'made up' t-bar rows, I miss bicep curls & push-ups, I miss getting home at a reasonable time. I miss lifting till I feel I've annihilated my muscles. I really miss having sore glutes, hams, & hip flexors ONLY a few days per week, rather than most of the time (we do some type of squat every workout - 3X per week).

AND... I've come to realize my new OL workouts are not the stress-relief my old workouts were A big BIG BIG problem - as high strung as I am, I needed to unwind with the iron. :bawling: we don't even use iron!

Right now, this issue on top of my weight gain from going OFF the pill (& my body not reacting when I started back up) & some REALLY awful stuff happening at work, I am so not a happy camper. :bawling:

Oh, and how did I almost forget to add, also losing the support, advice & guidance of one of the 2 primary people who got me going in this direction in the first place!!! That has left a hole & been upsetting, I gotta say.

One Solution I already thought of:
I intend to start doing even MORE reading up on my own about learning the Olympic Lifts so that I can, once more, make my OWN recommendations for my workouts & the progression of my training & learning. I will STILL be taking the guidance from my coach - but this way I'll **play a part** in directing my training.

Oh, and I still do pec & bicep work, it's just less intense (pec strength & potential inflexibility & bicep size can inhibit the snatch grip).

I didn't forsee these growing pains - but now that I recognize them for what they are, it makes perfect sense. I just gotta stop being so down & drowing my sorrows in sweets.

...and yet, it is courageous to acknowledge one's insecurities and vulnerabilities. It's what makes us human.

That said, it is also courageous to devise a way to master those insecurities and vulnerabilities. It's what makes us kick ass.

You can do it. :)

Top Bottom