Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I'd love to know, How long did it take you to get from flab to fab?

polarpixie

That is, if any of you were ever even flabby to start out with! :) I don't post over here much, I'm usually amusing myself over in the chat board.

I've been out of commission with a foot injury and a lack of motivation, but now I'm ready to get serious about getting a rock hard bod. :D

I do cardio about 5x a week for 45ms, and weight train for about 30ms 3-4 x a week and following appox. a 50/30/20 (p/c/f) diet. I will be happy if I see some differences in my body in about a month.

So what I'd love to you know from you ladies, is how long did it take you to start seeing some real definitions in your body? Particularly your arms?

bump for some replies please! :D I'm really anxious to hear what anyone has to share....

I'm not looking for quick results by any means. But I'm working harder than I've ever worked so if I don't start seeing some definition, I'm just gonna chalk it up genetics!!! :( I'm definitely getting stronger...just can't see those arm muscles yet....:( So...in one month, kick up cardio, lose the fat, and see muscle? Sounds like a great plan to me! Let's see if this is how it works..

It took me 16 weeks to get from 16% bf to 8% bf for a competition. Generally I can start seeing results within a month, but that's just to start seeing results. I think most changes require 12-16 weeks to get there -- at least 3 weeks to just get your body adjusted to whatever new training or diet you have implemented. Not to mention the requisite 21 days they claim it takes to "establish a habit".

It really depends on how far you have to go and what you consider fab. You might want to consider more weight time - 30min seems like an awfully fast workout...

I started working out in April of 98 - and went from a size 16 to an 8 by August of 98..... Went from 185 lbs. to 150 lbs. in 5 months.... busting some ass !!!!!!

I'm now a size 4 and 135 lbs.....5'6 BTW...

I'd pretty much been overweight most of my childhood and teen years due to overeating and being sedentary - I was 210 pounds and at least 35% bodyfat at my heaviest. I got into lifting as an alterative to PE in high school, and after lifting 4 days a week, without even changing my diet or having any kind of method to the madness, dropped about 10% bodyfat in a few months and saw enough definition in my formerly shapeless body to stay motivated. After hitting the wall for weight loss, I started reading up on proper nutrition and how often to train each bodypart, and lost the rest of the weight over a three-year period, alternating between cutting and bulking. I can maintain 16% bodyfat easily now, as long as I don't go overboard on the carbs, and lift two days on (upper body one day, lower body the next), then one to two days off depending on DOMs. I get my cardio from walking my dogs and rollerblading.

Are you familiar with the term "muscle memory"? If you were in shape before your foot injury, it'll be easier to get back into shape afterwards because your muscles "remember". You sound like you have a good plan, and I especially like your macronutrient ratios, but you may want vary up your lifting poundages, tempo, or overall time spent lifting if you stop making progress. What kind of cardio do you do? Have you given any thought to intervals?

Thanks for everyone's replies!! Any input is well appreciated!

Temple01 said:
It really depends on how far you have to go and what you consider fab. You might want to consider more weight time - 30min seems like an awfully fast workout...
Maybe this is my problem...My 30mins. is typically spent on upper body tho, since I work my legs pretty hard from running, do you think 30mins on upper body is still too short? Maybe that is why I never see anything past strength gaining and somewhat tonedness....

Ceebs said:
Are you familiar with the term "muscle memory"? If you were in shape before your foot injury, it'll be easier to get back into shape afterwards because your muscles "remember". You sound like you have a good plan, and I especially like your macronutrient ratios, but you may want vary up your lifting poundages, tempo, or overall time spent lifting if you stop making progress. What kind of cardio do you do? Have you given any thought to intervals?

First off --- WOW and congratulations Ceebs!
Second off to answer your questions, I was in shape as in, I was aerobically fit, but the apperance of my body has never been anything past mediocrely toned. For cardio I usually do a 3.5 mile walk/jog combination, rollerblade (try to), or kickbox. Can you give me an example of what you mean by intervals?

Thanks for what everyone said about giving it a few months. I guess I've been mislead in thinking I should be seeing a bigger difference than I do in a month, because in the past, I've always cut back on the weight training after being discouraged from not seeing any major diffs in a month.

BTW -- Nature (and Project, even tho you didn't post) --- thanx for your support!! ;)

Top Bottom