Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

I am 5'3 with big upper thighs how can you get them smaller?

desseray

When I was at a weight of 120 my upper thighs were very big.

No I am not doing weight training at this time. What type of exercise can help to make them smaller? I know it sounds silly but for a women it makes a huge difference in the size pants you can wear and they way your appearance looks. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Well your first problem is you are NOT lifting weights...that makes NO sense at all. Your legs probably appear to be big because they are carrying a lot of BF...if you would do some weight training you would increase your lean body mass and decrease your bodyfat...MUSCLE takes up less space then fat and it also looks better...so what do you want skinny fat legs??? Doing mad amounts of cardio will burn fat and muscle and you will never solve your problem..just running your head into the ground actually. I went from a size 0-2 and now I wear anything from a 7-9 depending on the style and I usually have to get the waist taken in cause they are way to big in the waist but just fit my legs. nice muscular shapely legs look much better than skinny legs w/ no shape or size to em..who wants that??? Are you looking for the Karen Carpenter look? You also did not give us a lot of info like how talll you are, weight, current bodyfat etc??

The only way you will ever acheive any kind of good results will be by heavy weight training and a good clean diet..there is no other way around it...It willl not happen by doing cardio and there are no magic exercises that will decrease their size. Read and learn about weight training and their benefits.....it will boost your metabolism....can help prevent osteoporosis and other diseases..you lose 20-40% of your muscle mass as you get older...yada yada yada....become informed and then take that knowledge and APPLY IT!:rolleyes:

If you don't want to weight train and eat clean, healthy foods then I recommend liposuction every few years.

If you WANT to weight train and eat clean healthy foods then maybe we can help ya.

Run, run, run !!! (of course "watch" what you eat)...

I went from a size 16 to a size 8 in 5 months - RUNNING. Not even lifting weights.....

Running is fine..to an extent..but look at marathon runners they all look so ghastly......just ungodly thin w/ high bf..no muscle tone or anything..that is NOT attractive and who in the hell wants to do all that running?????????

I was running 25-30 miles a week and honest to God it gave me the lean muscle base I needed to start lifting hard, and without it I would not be where I am today. I realize that running is catabolic but it does use most of the muscles in your body simultaneously, plus it just feels damn good!

I would say using running as the cardio part of the 3 legged stool of cardio, weights, and clean diet could be extremely effective, right ladies?

VDL

Hey! I was a distance runner a few years ago and I looked great, I also have the most amazing leg/glute development as a result. It all depends on how much you actually do in training and with your diet. Professional marathon runners are running 100-200 miles a week, I was doing 30-45 miles a week training for x-country and last year whilst training for my first contest I used running very successfully as cardio. 4 miles of steady running 3-4 times a week will increase your fitness, burn loads of kcals (running is more intense than most other cardio) and lean your legs up fantastically.

desseray said:
When I was at a weight of 120 my upper thighs were very big.

No I am not doing weight training at this time. What type of exercise can help to make them smaller? I know it sounds silly but for a women it makes a huge difference in the size pants you can wear and they way your appearance looks. Does any one have any suggestions?

Thanks

Well, seems to me that the verdict is in - RUNNING.... Try it out. More than likely you won't be able to run for 10 minutes straight your first time, so you have to build yourself up to that. Start out by running as long as you can at a slow to medium pace (maybe 5.5mph). If you run 5 minutes straight the first time, then finish the cardio workout with a fast paced walk. The next time you run, tell yourself that you have to do AT LEAST another 5 minute run, and if you can do more than that then great - and just keep working up until you can run for 20-30 minutes straight...

You feel absolutely awesome after running - physically and mentally!!

I used interval training extensively as part of my training - basic speed was a weak point of mine. I often would do 2 interval sessions a week, one shorter e.g. 20x100m with 2 mins recovery and one longer e.g. 5x1mile with 90 second recoveries. Other sessions may have included 1/4 or 1/2 mile reps.

For example look at the body of a sprinter...and then compare it to that of a cross country runner...not even a marathon runner...long distance running is CATABOLIC!!! Every sprinter you see is ripped w/ muscle tone..every long distance runner you see is skinny w/ no muscle tone at all!!! hiit training would be best...sprinting intervals...that will help get you lean and keep your muscle.

Top Bottom