Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hypothyroid

magikfrog

I have an under active thyroid & I was wonding if there was anyone out there who could give me some advice on what to avoid and what not to avoid in suppliments and fat burners and my diet. I would really like to chat with a femal bodybuilder who has a hypothyroid if there is one out there...

I have heard SOY is bad for someone with a thyroid problem. Soy is in the can tuna fish that I eat and in my multivitiman that I take daily.

This is what I eat every day:

1 hour before breakfast: levothyroizine (thyroid pill)

Breakfast: plain oatmeal with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of stevia, 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed, & 1 tablespoon of wheat germ. Plus a protein shake - 1.5 cups of 1% milk and 1 scoop of casien protein.

Snack: 1/4 cup of almons and 4 brazil nuts

Lunch: Tuna fish sandwich - whole can, with 1tablespoon of wasabi mayo and 1 teaspoon of mustard on whole wheat bread from trader joe's (only 4 ingredients in it). Fruit (raspberries, blackberries, and pineapple) About 2 cups of the mixed fruit. Mulitvitamin & fish oil pill. (I eat either the tuna fish sandwich or can chicken sandwich - with the can chicken I only eat 1/2 the can for a sandwich because the can is much bigger.)

Snack: If I have time I will eat 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese with a small hand full of berries (raspberries and black berries) ** If I don't have this snack then a few hours later I will have a protein shake: 1 scoop of casien protein, 1.5 cups of water, 1/4 teaspoon of raspberry keytones, 1 cup of frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), and one banana.

Go to the gym (2 hours)

Dinner: either salmon & brown rice or chicken & brown rice

What are your levels? WHat dose are you on? Did you talk with your doctor about nutrition and Hypo?

I am Dx Hypo and on Synthroid, low dose though. My doctor didn't give me any nutrition advice, although I did not ask either. I just eat like a "normal" person.

Rumor has it, Gugglesterones can helkp raise thyroid levels, although I never tried it myself.

my wife is on it... been 1 yr..

she went through 4 endo's before she found one that knew what they were doing.. one had her on 50 mcg day..

we were trying to get prego.

finally a doc got her on 125mcg day.. bang.. prego.. and then raised it to 150mcg during (the baby lowers the amount to the mother)..

nice diet by the way

Wow , I had borderline T3 and as long as my t4 was normal, my endos never cared about the t3 reading. Sucks

Anyway You can buy gormet choice starkist tuna or albacore that is tuna in water (sodium added). Also there's low sodium tuna or albacore as well which is only tuna in water. They cost alot more though...

magikfrog said:
I have an under active thyroid & I was wonding if there was anyone out there who could give me some advice on what to avoid and what not to avoid in suppliments and fat burners and my diet. I would really like to chat with a femal bodybuilder who has a hypothyroid if there is one out there...

I have heard SOY is bad for someone with a thyroid problem. Soy is in the can tuna fish that I eat and in my multivitiman that I take daily.

This is what I eat every day:

1 hour before breakfast: levothyroizine (thyroid pill)

Breakfast: plain oatmeal with 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, 1 teaspoon of stevia, 2 tablespoons of ground flax seed, & 1 tablespoon of wheat germ. Plus a protein shake - 1.5 cups of 1% milk and 1 scoop of casien protein.

Snack: 1/4 cup of almons and 4 brazil nuts

Lunch: Tuna fish sandwich - whole can, with 1tablespoon of wasabi mayo and 1 teaspoon of mustard on whole wheat bread from trader joe's (only 4 ingredients in it). Fruit (raspberries, blackberries, and pineapple) About 2 cups of the mixed fruit. Mulitvitamin & fish oil pill. (I eat either the tuna fish sandwich or can chicken sandwich - with the can chicken I only eat 1/2 the can for a sandwich because the can is much bigger.)

Snack: If I have time I will eat 1 cup of low fat cottage cheese with a small hand full of berries (raspberries and black berries) ** If I don't have this snack then a few hours later I will have a protein shake: 1 scoop of casien protein, 1.5 cups of water, 1/4 teaspoon of raspberry keytones, 1 cup of frozen berries (blueberries, blackberries, and raspberries), and one banana.

Go to the gym (2 hours)

Dinner: either salmon & brown rice or chicken & brown rice

I hypothyroid. I take 2 200mcg synthroid pills everyday. According to my endo as long as I am taking my meds the proper way to correct this, I do not have to refrain from any types of food or anything at all.

Switch your morning thyroid pill to just before bed instead.

Trust me.

Yep, I have been on the same amount since I was 10, been on synthroid period since I was 5 or 6. My thyroid is completely inactive. When I was 1st diagnosed I was only in primary school, but I was obese, and I had the cholesterol of an obese 50 year old man. My endo actually takes my labs and stuff to conventions pretty often. I have labs done monthly and (as long as I take my meds EXACTLY right) I have no problems.

Daisy_Girl said:
Holy Moly - 400mcg everyday? Wowzers. And now your TSH is in the normal range?

Daisy_Girl said:
Holy Moly - 400mcg everyday? Wowzers. And now your TSH is in the normal range?

Top Bottom