Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

how soon to start dieting after giving birth

Hi guys, I just had my baby two weeks ago and during pregnancy time I gained about 20 pouns and my belly got bigger than expected, I would like how long is is prudent time to start a caloric deficit and start dieting? thank you.

I would definitely talk to your doctor. There are certain things I am sure you will need to be eating for optimal breast milk if you are going that route. Besides that I don't see why you couldn't just eat a healthy diet in a deficit.

What you need to do, is decrease the calorie intake, and just pay attention at getting the nutrients your body really needs at this stage. There are certainly foods rich in the nutrients that you need, so you can end up eating less and actually getting more of the necessary nutrients.

Book a full physical with your doctor. If he gives you the clean bill of health, then you are able to start exercising and dieting.

DONT follow too restrictive of a diet however because remember you are still breast feeding. Follow a well balanced diet that is full of fruits, vegetables, lean protein and healthy fats but low in calories. Fat is very important for brain development in children so do not follow a fat free diet.

Top Bottom