Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How much zumba for fat loss?

Bithueere

I am 29 years old, weigh 58 kg, 160 cm tall. I want to get a bit more toned up, and luckily lose a bit of weight. Do you think 3-4 times of zumba, 1-1.5 hours each time would do it to get toned up and burn a bit of fat? I eat clean, not much, so diet is taken care of.

That would definitely be a good beginning, and better than doing nothing at all. So yeah – this is a good place to begin. Zumba is pretty demanding physically, so I think your plan should be enough by now – maybe later with additional conditioning you will seek to do more, but by now this should definitely be very helpful.

If you're diet was 'taken care of' surely you'd lose weight right? Toning up, as it were, will be helped by exercise for sure.

Start with 2 x 1-hour session on the Zumba. If you eat the same and don't lose weight, add another session, ditto with adding time.

As always a combination of a proper eating plan and exercise is best.

It would be a great start.

Once you get more comfortable exercising, I would also add in some weight training to your workout schedule.

Zumba is basically cardio. Cardio is great to burn calories but it doesn't build muscle and build the metabolism like weight training does.

3-4 days of weight training and 3-4 days of zumba per week would be an awesome number to shoot for

Yes - by now it is hard to do zumba alone 3-4 times, so when I will get used to it, I will add weight days one by one. Hope this will happen soon. Any special kind of weight training women should do?

Women can train the exact same way men do. I would focus more on a rep range of say 8-15 per set with lower rest periods (maybe 45 seconds). That will do more for fat loss than strength training with low reps and long rest periods.

Yes - by now it is hard to do zumba alone 3-4 times, so when I will get used to it, I will add weight days one by one. Hope this will happen soon. Any special kind of weight training women should do?

Women have all the same muscles that men do and should follow the same weight workout that a man would.

The only difference is that since a women's goal is to sculpt and tone her physique rather then build, she should train with slightly higher repetitions and shorter rest periods.

I agree with @muskate - more reps with lower weights, but in terms of exercises to carry out there is no difference. This, unless you got some individual issues that need to be taken in consideration.

Top Bottom