Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How many pullups should a woman do?

WorkAtHome

How many times should a woman be able to do pull upsas a sign of being in good shape? The same amount of times as males,or fewer? On one hand I think that since I am so much lighter thanmen, my lack of strength should be compensated, but who knows...

When it comes to body weight movements such as pull ups, push ups etc. the same amount of repetitions as indicators of good fitness apply to both men and women.

Women tend to be lighter then men but also have less strength so it ends up being a wash.

If you are able to do 5-10 proper pull ups, that is considered a very high level of fitness. The average person can not do a single proper push up.

If you wan to be able to do more pull-ups then just incorporate them more often into your training. I don't think there is a set number anyone should be able to do.

As mentioned above, about 5-10 pullups is an indicator of a good shape, but this is not a definitive number, and you can do many more with practice. Obviously, if you are in a good shape, you will be able to do even more. So don't aim at any particular number, and just increase the number of reps in a gradual manner.

Top Bottom