Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How to lose the extra few pounds?

AliG

### Moved from diet to female fitness forum####

Hi,

I am new to this forum and i thought this would be the best place to get some help.

I am 32 years old, 5 ft 8 and 10 stone 2, i have ben trying to lose a few more pounds but it just wont shift.

Background
Years ago i lost a few stone with not eating, this worked well then and i have gradualy put some of the weight back on.

The back end of last year my husband told me to eat 6 meals per day and exercise, he wrote me a programme that included loads of cardio and some light weights but i didnt realy like doing the weights, i did slog myself out in the gym and did about 30-45 mins every other day, sometimes 5 times a week.

The problem was i didnt lose any weight.

Over the past 2 months i have lose a stone and am really hapy with that, i did this by starting on a catabolic diet and being really strick, i do light exercise and do loads of house work.

I am now at the stage where all my husband says is exercise exercise exercise and he is doing my head in.

Can anyone help me shed a few pounds, I do have a gym membership but i have not been for ages, i prefer to work from home.

Does anyone have a programe i can follow, my husband has said if i was a bloke he could write me a programme straight away but he doesnt know for women, he has spoken about HIIT and that sounds god but has said he knows for his body but i just need to try it and see what is best.

Sorry if i have confused people with what i have wrote, in short i ust want to lose a few pounds and tone us, my current diet will be:-

monday - Fri - Breakfast vitality cereal, one piece of fruit, dinner, brocolli, tea brocolli/colliflour with a home made soup
sat - Anythign i want (but still dont go mad)
sun - Soup and veg

I think my diet is ok and it seems to be working well but i need to lose that little bit of fat.

Thank you ladies

Ali G

x

AliG said:
### Moved from diet to female fitness forum####

Hi,

I am new to this forum and i thought this would be the best place to get some help.

I am 32 years old, 5 ft 8 and 10 stone 2, i have ben trying to lose a few more pounds but it just wont shift.

10 stone... You're 142 lbs?
I think you should have your body fat tested as soon as you can. It's hard to do but you should try to forget the scale numbers and look at your body fat and mirror/photo and measurements.

Background
Years ago i lost a few stone with not eating, this worked well then and i have gradualy put some of the weight back on.

This is an easy but counter productive way to lose weight. Your body is like a furnace and you need to feed it to make a fire when you deny it food/kindling and fire burns very low hence starving yourself you body's furnace starts to shut down (metabolism becomes increasingly slow).

The back end of last year my husband told me to eat 6 meals per day and exercise, he wrote me a programme that included loads of cardio and some light weights but i didnt realy like doing the weights, i did slog myself out in the gym and did about 30-45 mins every other day, sometimes 5 times a week.

The problem was i didnt lose any weight.

That's from starving yourself (I've done it myself and a lot people have too) it will take some time to repair this and your hubby is right multiple small meals throughout the day. Take for example 1500 cals per day approximately 300 cals per meal 5 meals (of course you'd adjust here and there for certain meals but that gives you an idea that the meals as small).You have to fix the damage or you're going to have this circle of losing and gaining weight. :( sorry.

Over the past 2 months i have lose a stone and am really hapy with that, i did this by starting on a catabolic diet and being really strick, i do light exercise and do loads of house work.

Can you post up exactly what you ate?

I am now at the stage where all my husband says is exercise exercise exercise and he is doing my head in.

Can anyone help me shed a few pounds, I do have a gym membership but i have not been for ages, i prefer to work from home.

Does anyone have a programe i can follow, my husband has said if i was a bloke he could write me a programme straight away but he doesnt know for women, he has spoken about HIIT and that sounds god but has said he knows for his body but i just need to try it and see what is best.

Do you have cardio equipement? Or do you like to run outside?
You can do HIIT on any cardio machine (I like a treadmill myself) and at home you could do pilates (I like Mari Winsor) and you can get yourself a set of resistance bands. Plymetrics would also be good for you and something you can do at home.

Sorry if i have confused people with what i have wrote, in short i ust want to lose a few pounds and tone us, my current diet will be:-

monday - Fri - Breakfast vitality cereal, one piece of fruit, dinner, brocolli, tea brocolli/colliflour with a home made soup
sat - Anythign i want (but still dont go mad)
sun - Soup and veg

I think my diet is ok and it seems to be working well but i need to lose that little bit of fat.

Thank you ladies

Ali G

x

You diet's pretty bad and I would say is the big source of your problem, everything stems from what you feed your body, then exercise.

Try and keep a daily diary of what you eat and your water throughout the day and take note as to how feel when you wake, after you eat, when you are hungry or if you are not, and how you feel just before bed. Another good practice is to take your body temp upon waking and log it in your food diary.

Here are some diet plans inspired by and used by EF members.

SAMPLE 1

Meal 1
5 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg
1/4-1/2 cup Cream of Wheat or Oatmeal (made w/water, cinnamon, splenda)

Meal 2
Protein Shake w/ water or skim milk (check your calories)

Meal 3
4-6oz chicken, turkey or fish
3oz potato/yam (small to medium)
Fat Source (almonds 10-15)

Meal 4
4oz chicken, turkey or fish
Green Veggie (unlimited)

Meal 5
Protein Shake (after workout) w/ water or skim milk (check your calories)

Meal 6
Green Veggie (unlimited)
Fat Source - 1tbsp Olive Oil

SAMPLE 2

Meal 1
5 Egg Whites, 1 Whole Egg – optional frozen spinach cooked
1/2 Cup Oatmeal or Cream of Wheat

Meal 2
Cottage Cheese – not fat free get the regular one
Unlimited Green veggies or 6 medium strawberries or 15-20 blueberries (you will have to see how your body responses to diets w/ fruit)

Meal 3
Unlimited Green Veggies
Fat Source – 1tbsp Olive Oil or 10-15 Almonds
If you are fatigued add a small potato or yam or 1/3 cup rice brown or white

Meal 4
Protein Shake (after workout) w/ water or skim milk (check your calories)

Meal 5
4oz – chicken, turkey or fish
Unlimited Green Veggies
Fat Source - 1tbsp Olive Oil

Meal 6 (optional)
Protein Shake (after workout) 1/2 water 1/2 skim milk (check your calories)

SAMPLE 3

Meal 1
Protein shake w/ water and berries (6 med strawberries – 10-15 blueberries)

Meal2
10-15 Almonds

Meal 3
Baby spinach leaves (unlimited) with 4-6 sliced strawberries, 10-15 blueberries
4-6 oz – chicken, turkey or fish
small to med- yam, potato or 1/3 cup rice
1 tbsp Olive Oil & Balsamic Vinegar

Meal 4
Protein shake w/ water and berries (6 med strawberries – 10-15 blueberries)

Meal 5
6 oz chicken, turkey or fish
small yam, potato or 1/3 cup of rice
Unlimited green veggies

And lastly a basic shopping list:

oatmeal
cream of wheat
potato
sweet potato/yams
rice brown/white
cottage cheese (this doesn't work for everyone)
all green veggies
peppers (red yellow too)
eggs
egg white protein powder
whey protien powder
pea protein powder
chicken/turkey
fish
pork
lean beef
eggs
milk (doesn't work for eveyone)

Fats
almonds, walnuts, pecans
peanut butter (this works for a lot of people)
avocado
olive oil (salads/ veggies)

Fruits - (some people can diet with them some can't)
berries
melon
apples
peaches
tomatos
bananas (small and very much on occasion)

Avoid anything processed, white or prepacked in a box (except some brands of rice)

Hi and welcome :)

I weigh the same as you but I take a size 8 on my lower half and size 10-12 upper half (cause my arms are so big now).

I wouldn't focus on the number on the scale, if you are training then you will be doing this thing called recomposition of the body, which is burning off fat and building muscle and you weight may not change or even increase.

Using photos, bodyfat percentage, tape measure, how your clothing fits and the mirror is a much better way to go.

Otherwise you may just end up as skinny fat, and skinny fat birds always end up with bingo wings (and crepe paper ones at that).

Just a little food for thought.

Check the stickied thread about training and diet, there are some pictures of what 5 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of muscle look like. Muscle takes up FAR less space, and it is what gives you a fantastic shape to your body.

Fat just gets all lumpy and yucky.

Tatyana said:
Hi and welcome :)

I weigh the same as you but I take a size 8 on my lower half and size 10-12 upper half (cause my arms are so big now).

I wouldn't focus on the number on the scale, if you are training then you will be doing this thing called recomposition of the body, which is burning off fat and building muscle and you weight may not change or even increase.

Using photos, bodyfat percentage, tape measure, how your clothing fits and the mirror is a much better way to go.

Otherwise you may just end up as skinny fat, and skinny fat birds always end up with bingo wings (and crepe paper ones at that).

Just a little food for thought.

Check the stickied thread about training and diet, there are some pictures of what 5 lbs of fat and 5 lbs of muscle look like. Muscle takes up FAR less space, and it is what gives you a fantastic shape to your body.

Fat just gets all lumpy and yucky.

I am SOOOO jealous, I have tiny tiny arms. Dan things don't want to grow :)

I know I just need overall body mass and they will come, but just wanted to mention that I was jealous :)

Thank you for all the info, the diet mentioned above loks huge, today i have eaten nest to nothing and if i go straight to eating that without doing the type of exercise needed to burn it off wouldnt i put on weight??

I just dont trust what my husband says because he told me to eat 6 times a day and last time i put a few pounds back on.

I have got an exercise bike and i do run outside (well sometimes).

As for diet my catabolic soup consisted of the below:_

Celery, beef broth, spring onion, white cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, powder veg soup, i then add a few beef stock cubes and have it over brocoli.

Thank you for the bingo wings comment, he he, i dont want them! ha ha

Today i ate cereal at breakfast then i didnt eat until about 7 ish, i ate chicken, steak, creamy pepper sauce, brocolli and chips (ony a few chips though)

The diet is the worst thin because i am scared of eating.

AliG said:
Thank you for all the info, the diet mentioned above loks huge, today i have eaten nest to nothing and if i go straight to eating that without doing the type of exercise needed to burn it off wouldnt i put on weight??

I just dont trust what my husband says because he told me to eat 6 times a day and last time i put a few pounds back on.

I have got an exercise bike and i do run outside (well sometimes).

As for diet my catabolic soup consisted of the below:_

Celery, beef broth, spring onion, white cabbage, carrots, tomatoes, powder veg soup, i then add a few beef stock cubes and have it over brocoli.

Thank you for the bingo wings comment, he he, i dont want them! ha ha

Today i ate cereal at breakfast then i didnt eat until about 7 ish, i ate chicken, steak, creamy pepper sauce, brocolli and chips (ony a few chips though)

The diet is the worst thin because i am scared of eating.

Hi Alig,

If the above diet looks intimidating maybe you can try this. Just for kicks!

Meal #1 3 srambled egg whites
1/3 cup oatmeal
Coffee or tea

#2 Protein drink

#4 Breast of chicken with 3 oz of sweet potato

#5 Breast of chicken with 1/2 cup of brown rice

#4 Tuna fish with vegetables

#5 Fish with vegetables

#6 Casein protein drink before bed.

You can satart with that and as you get used to it, you can drop the last protein drink and have another meal earlier.

Drink lots of water, work with weights and do cardio. Simple!

Velvett and Tatyana hit it dead on with the diet advice. Print their info out and follow it as best you can!

Eating anything less than 1500 calories a day could rob your diet of proper nutrition and cause the body to go into 'starvation' mode, which is when it will store everything it can as a back up energy source - fat. Food is fuel for the machine. The cleaner and more consistant you are the more efficient the machine will run.

Welcome to EF, btw. :) KILL THAT SHIT! :evil:

I could probably manage somthing like this

2 srambled egg whites
Coffee or tea

Oatmeal (snack 1)

Breast of chicken with 3 oz of sweet potato

Fruit (snack 2)

Fish with vegetables

Milk before bed

I reckon i could give that a go, the other ones seem far too high, i couldnt possibly manager 5 big meals - i.e fish, tuna, chicken and eggs but i believe the above i could manage with.

The above has got to be over 1500 calories?/

CAn i just ask, what exercise would be best for me, my husband has said about a mixture between HIIT and long cardio coupled with light weight exercises 3 times a week so month HIIT and weights, tue cardio, wed off, thurs HITT and light weights, Friday Cardio then Sat HITT and light weights and sunday off.

Weighs being something like - Squat, dumbell pull ups, scapulation, good mornings, ab crunches, lat pull downs, bicep curl, tricep pull down - i dont know what these are, he said he would show me tonight but do you have a set routine, i go on holiday in 8 weeks and i want to be in a routine and a little happier with myself before then!!

By the ay - what do you hink abou the soup - it doesnt have a lot of protein but does have a lot of veg???

AliG said:
I could probably manage somthing like this

2 srambled egg whites
Coffee or tea

Oatmeal (snack 1)

Breast of chicken with 3 oz of sweet potato

Fruit (snack 2)

Fish with vegetables

Milk before bed

I reckon i could give that a go, the other ones seem far too high, i couldnt possibly manager 5 big meals - i.e fish, tuna, chicken and eggs but i believe the above i could manage with.

That could work, I think a great start for you is simply getting used to eat many small meal throughout the day - check to see if the cals work in a fitday or calorieking program online. Also, if the cals are low still start here and week to week slowly add more cals and do it slowly, it will take time to get your body used to it. Your first focus should be getting used to eating throughout the day. VERY IMPORTANT - get your body fat measured as soon as possible and again every 2 weeks. Milk doesn't always work for people so make note how you feel in the AM. You could have a tablespoon or 2 of peanut butter before bed.

The above has got to be over 1500 calories?/

No between 1400-1500 will be a good start.

CAn i just ask, what exercise would be best for me, my husband has said about a mixture between HIIT and long cardio coupled with light weight exercises 3 times a week so month HIIT and weights, tue cardio, wed off, thurs HITT and light weights, Friday Cardio then Sat HITT and light weights and sunday off.

I would not start with HIIT and long cardio, it's too much to start with and if you fire all your gun to start you will have nothing to get through the lag. I would start the first week with 20 of plain fast paced walking, second week 2 days face paced and one HITT, then the third two HIIT and one fast paced, the the three days of HIIT. Then ever other week I would alternate between 2 days face pace and one HIIT and two HIIT one fast paced.

Three day lifting split is fine.

Weighs being something like - Squat, dumbell pull ups, scapulation, good mornings, ab crunches, lat pull downs, bicep curl, tricep pull down - i dont know what these are, he said he would show me tonight but do you have a set routine, i go on holiday in 8 weeks and i want to be in a routine and a little happier with myself before then!!

By the ay - what do you hink abou the soup - it doesnt have a lot of protein but does have a lot of veg???

Soup is pretty good, I would ditch the cube and get a beef stock in the box - kitchen basics is a good brand, lower sodium too.

Top Bottom