Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

How bad would if be if I did this?

ammilio

I have a cruise in 2 1/2 months...and in the past year I have let my bf skyrocket to 25%.
Now...before you go biting my head off...at this point I don't mind if I lose some muscle (Some).
Can I cut calories way down and keep a high protein mod. fat low carb diet until then and can I get my bf to slide down enough for my cruise?
I understand it is not the best way to go but I know I do not have enough time for proper training.
BTW-got a personal trainer an my bf went up...WTF?!?!?!

10 weeks on a high protein/mod fat/low carb diet would definitely help you shed some bodyfat, and would be somewhat muscle sparing if you don't cut the kcals too low. If you cut them too low, you'll plateau quickly and your body will revolt and hold on to that fat. I cut on bodyweightx11, and I know others go down to bodyweightx10. I take a couple weeks to get down to that level though, so my metabolism doesn't take too big a hit right away.

When you go low carb, you'll probably lose 4-6 lbs. the first week due to water loss. After that, you'll want to get to a kcal level that lets you lose 2 lbs./week. That's about all the aggressive you'd want to go, especially since you have 10 weeks.

Thank you very much! Should I go ahead and lift as usual...cut cardio...I know I'm one of those gals that get too much cardio...is that going to hurt me?

I let the diet work on it's own initially, and only increase cardio when I plateau. Of course, I also don't do much cardio post-season - only 2 days/week, so even adding 1-2 days for me can be enough to keep my metabolism going. The longer I diet, the more I have to keep increasing my cardio days.

I lift the same way the whole time - heavy and in a lower rep range. My compound movements stay in the 3-5 rep range, and non-compound movements are in the 6-10 rep range.

Top Bottom