Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hoping for some advice!!!

tonemeup

Hi everyone,

Long thread, sorry!!!

I am new to this board. I joined Weight Watchers in December and have recently dropped 20 pounds. I am now 141.2, which is a very big accomplishment for me! I use to work out with my husband about 2 years ago. Since I have finally dropped some weight I am now ready to start lifting again, because now I can finally start seeing the results. I need help in two areas.

One ofcourse is diet. If you know anything about WW you know that it works on the points system. I generally try to eat a very healthy, balanced diet and have been focussing a lot on protein and complex carbs. But at the end of the day my focus is really just to stay within my points.

Second is a really good training schedule. Currently I work out atleast 6 days a week. I do an hour of cardio, and as I said, have recently started training again, only within the last 2 weeks. I work out with my husband and try to hit every body part atleast once a week. He definetly knows what he's doing for him, but for me I feel that it's a bit too much. I am so exhausted by the time we are done. What I am looking for is a diet and excercise regime that will get me lean. I still have atleast 15 more pounds to lose. I'm not expecting miracles but I am getting so frustrated. I would really like something that will show me results in a limited amount of time. I know, I may be asking to much, but anything will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much in advance!!!:D

Thanks for your replies!

Okay, you are soooo right!!! Yes, I do need to change my frame of mind! Think of me as a clean slate! I am now ready for the wisdom from all you ladies!! Thanks, once again.

tonemeup said:

Second is a really good training schedule. Currently I work out atleast 6 days a week. I do an hour of cardio, and as I said, have recently started training again, only within the last 2 weeks. I work out with my husband and try to hit every body part atleast once a week. He definetly knows what he's doing for him, but for me I feel that it's a bit too much. I am so exhausted by the time we are done.

WELCOME :)

An hour of cardio 6 days per week?!... IN ADDITION TO LIFTING?!

EE-GADS! I'D BE EXHAUSTED TOO!! LOL

There is A LOT of information on these boards and NO ONE WAY to accomplish YOUR GOALS.

A good way to start though (IMO) is for you to look more at what your hubby is doing (because believe me, if it is working for him - IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO! LOL The sexes are different EXCEPT in the weight room!) and worry LESS about so much cardio.

Too much cardio will tear down your muscle mass.

Less mass = slower metabolism.

Focusing on weight resistance training in conjunction with proper fueling of your newly growing mass = higher metabolism = stronger, healthier body!!!

Baby steps... one day at a time.

You'll get there... but it will take A LOT of hard work.

Old Hungarian saying, "There is no such thing as that which is IMPOSSIBLE to do, but only that which one is UNWILLING to do."

:D

bikini mom, thanks!

Hi,

Thanks for your very quick and well thought out reply! I can tell I am going to really like it here! I looked at your pictures and you look great!!!! The funny thing is everything you have said my husband has said to me a million times. Sometimes you just have to hear it from another woman. He is going to put a plan together for me including diet which will put an emphasis on weight training and include cardio, but less cardio.

One question though, and I hope you don't take offense, did you achieve your goals naturally?

Anyway, as my husband says I am now in phase 2 of building a better me. Phase 1 was weight loss, phase 2 is weight loss with toning and phase 3 is getting lean, cut and sexy! This is a big leap for me, and I am a little scared about it. I know it's time. I no longer fit in at my Weight watchers meetings. I really feel like I'm graduating and facing a whole new world. Sorry to sound so strange! Thanks once again!

What you say ISN'T strange at all. I remember back in the day I felt like I "no longer fit in" at the "gurly gym" so I walked over to the first local sweaty seedy weight-lifting gym with my eyes covered and asked, "How do I join" LOL.

And no I wasn't 100% "natural" hehehehee

I had a tummy tuck (12" of loose skin removed and my abdomen sutured shut) and fake boobies.... After 4 children, God was good, but not THAT good! :)

another thing...

toss the scale.

as you build muscle you will get smaller and tighter, but since muscle weighs more than fat, the scale won't show it...so toss it!

no one would believe how much I weigh...I may be the world's heaviest (in lbs) size 4-6 ever!

I agree 100%!!!

Thanks again ladies!! I was so happy to hear feedback so fast! I am going to do just as you say! No more scale!!! Dave, my husband, said that from this point forward my guide will be the calipers he uses to check my body fat. He is going to put a workout and diet schedule together for me.Once I have it I will post it for your review. Anything you can suggest would be greatly appreciated. I really feel that I am in a new frame of mind, just from coming here and talking to you all. Thanks again! You will probably never know what your reponses mean to me. I don't want to sound like a sap, but I was really feeling alone and lost. I had no one to speak to who had the same goals that I did,except for my husband. Talking to him about this stuff is good, but in the back of my mind, I was always thinking well your a guy, it's easier for you and so on. Thanks again. I will post my schedule and diet soon. :D

no one would believe how much I weigh...I may be the world's heaviest (in lbs) size 4-6 ever!

I totally understand that! I had a great friend who thought (before I corrected him of course) that I only weighed about 10 pounds more than his anorexic wife...

Turned out I weighed 35 pounds more than her!

I took so much joy from that.....

i hear you too!

I remember my cousin's wife used to brag for days how she weighed 110, however she had a gut and was very flabby..so big f-in deal!!

I agree with the scale thing..I'm trying to lose fat as well. However, I have been lifting heavy and eating well. I have lost about 2 sizes but still remain 205 pounds. (Everyone guesses I'm around 170!) I'm only a size 12 at that weight. The rate I'm going, I'll be around 180 pounds when I'm a 8/10, which is a good size for me since I'm 5'9"! I couldn't be the WW goal weight if I removed ribs and half my liver!! BTW, the WW's goal weights are completely ridiculous. I follow WW so I can control my calorie intake (i still eat a 50/25/25), but stopped logging my weight. I couldn't hit those goal weights if I removed my ribs and half my liver. I believe the "appropriate" weight range for my height is 137 to155 or something. I could NEVER be that low on the scale. My LBM weights more then 140.

Alicia

Top Bottom