Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Holy bullets Batman!

gvulf

You know, my grandfather was the first person who ever said, "work smarter, not harder". Of course he was teaching me how to change a tire on my car, but it applies to just about every aspect of life. .....ESPECIALLY training.

Okay, so I've been on a crusade for the perfect body for the last 4 years and although I may be humoring myself a bit, I swear I've tried just about every diet out there. Every one was painful to some degree: nothing worse than Opus. So my new trainer put me on a new diet and I'm (for the first time) THRILLED! I'm not doing tons of cardio: I'm lifting for about an hour 3-4 times a week. The stuff is just melting off.

wanna know what it is??

All I'm doing is carb cycling. I feel great!
(look good too)

my 29" levis have never felt this good.

it's really easy - for an anal retentive vet like me

Monday - 100g
Tuesday - 50g
Wednesday - 0g
Thursday - 100g
Friday - 250g
Saturday - 200g
Sunday - 100g

Now, that's grams of carbohydrates and we're talking complex carbs here (rice, potatoes, oats, etc). You fill in the rest like the number of protein grams ...which would pretty much stay constant throughout the week. I've stayed relatively low fat, so like on Wednesday my total calorie intake is very low. My diet is naturally clean. I had a craving this weekend for a banana split and finally gave in ...... to a bowl of frosted mini-wheats. I think it's really easy and suspect that anyone who has spent any time journalling their diet will find the same. I'm eating every two hours, and over the weekend, I ate when I felt hungry ...which may have been more.

So do you ever get a carb up??? I only ask because I clock you at 800 grams carbs per week which is not much more than 115g average per day. I am accustomed to eating around 150g per day while dieting plus 2 all-you can-eat-carb meals per week. It's great that this diet is working for you, but I just wondered if you get an all out cheat meal or cheat day in this diet? Obviously the 'nana split' and frosted mini wheats were not on "the diet". But I'll bet you still lose fat (well I hope so anyway).

Also just curious about your stats (height/weight/%bf?/age)and what the rest of the equation is (protein and fat).

Hey MS

No, I don't get an all out cheat day per se but I did just eat when I felt like eating this Saturday. I shoot for about 30 grams of protein per meal and get most of my fats from the eggs, chichen and sometimes nuts. Right now I'm very low fat, but my energy levels are good so I'm not going to worry about it. It's prolly relevant to mention that I'm on a break from hockey for the next couple of weeks so my energy requirements are lower than ususal. My total calories range between 1000 (on my 0 carb day) to about 2100 (on my 250 carb day). I don't count veggies, but I count the simple carbs the same as the complex when I have something like a MRP. These are some low numbers for me normally, but I think it's working because I'm not playing right now. The diet really feels pretty natural to my eating habits for the time being, but I'll probably want to give myself a blowout this weekend. My body typically responds well to a blowout every 2-3 weeks.

My stats:
5'4" at about 140#
BF% is about 14% but I do that myself with a single site caliper. My abs are starting to stick out so that might be just a tad lower
I still have 13 1/2" biceps as opposed to the 14"ers in my post deca pics.

Last edited:
Top Bottom