Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hmmmm... That's not right

Will2BLean

I'm had some issues with a couple exercises yesterday, and I was hoping you all could help me out. ;)

I was doing BB curls with the bar only and it felt fine, but whenever I put the 2.5 lb plates on it my wrists hurt really bad. The weight itself wasn't that hard to do, and it's probably the weight I should have been using, but I knew it shouldn't hurt. Is there a certain hand placement or anything else I can do to help with this?

Also, I did dips for the first time in over three years yesterday. I felt it more in my shoulders than anywhere else. I tried making sure my elbows were tucked in and my body was more upright, but it still felt the same. My triceps barely felt a thing. :(

Its probably the angle of your grip on the BB - I find a straight bar is just about undoable for me - I stick w/ the EZ bar or DBs. The angle is very awkward and must be causing a pinch on your wrists. I have similar problems doing upright rows, wide grip pull-ups and lat pull downs.

RE: tri dips -They can be awkward trying to get the right angle - I find that if I visualize hitting the tri then I am able to find it & hit it.

are you keeping the wrists straight or allowing them to tuck away for the bar at the top of the movement??

I can only do straight bar with a narrow grip

As far as dips.....move to a position where the bars are closer together - that shifts away form the delts

Thanks, Sassy and Shadow!! :)

On the BB curls, I was using a narrow grip, but I'm not 100% sure that my wrists were straight the entire time. I'll pay close attention next week, and if it still hurts I'll switch to the EZ curl bar. Sassy, I've noticed the same thing on upright rows, too.. I've never went heavy with them before so it wasn't bad. I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it!

As for the dips, the bars run parallel. :( There were two dip stations, but both of them seemed too wide. I will concentrate on my tris next time!

Thank you for your suggestions. I can't wait to try them out. :) :rose:

Will2BLean said:
Thanks, Sassy and Shadow!! :)

On the BB curls, I was using a narrow grip, but I'm not 100% sure that my wrists were straight the entire time. I'll pay close attention next week, and if it still hurts I'll switch to the EZ curl bar. Sassy, I've noticed the same thing on upright rows, too.. I've never went heavy with them before so it wasn't bad. I hadn't thought of that until you mentioned it!

As for the dips, the bars run parallel. :( There were two dip stations, but both of them seemed too wide. I will concentrate on my tris next time!

Thank you for your suggestions. I can't wait to try them out. :) :rose:

If there is a seated dip machine - they usually have adjustable widths on the bars.

Try dumbell or rope upright rows

The Shadow said:
If there is a seated dip machine - they usually have adjustable widths on the bars.

Try dumbell or rope upright rows

Really? I have never noticed the bars being adjustable. :insane: I will definitely be checking that out when I do cardio today!

I've never tried rope upright rows. Interesting! Thank you!

they usualy will swivel in or out along the long metal arm portion

If dip station does not have adjustable bars, try dips on a bench w/feet elevated. I prefer dips this way over the machine assisted or dip stations. If you want more intensity or to add strength, add a plate on top of your thighs; I use 45#. :)

takniteasy said:
If dip station does not have adjustable bars, try dips on a bench w/feet elevated. I prefer dips this way over the machine assisted or dip stations. If you want more intensity or to add strength, add a plate on top of your thighs; I use 45#. :)

True....

Since she is having wrist issues I didnt mention those

But also if you are getting pinches or something hurts, don't keep trying to do it - there are thousands of different ways to get the target muscle group worked.

Top Bottom