Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

HIIT - on empty or fueled? (Shadow?)

The Shadow said:
to continue that thought.......what does excess cardio do??

Think hormonally
I think excess carido eats away the muscle, beacuse body cannot get enough oxygen to the "large amount of muscle"...
So in order to keep body with oxygen, it eats away the muscle, because body will always find a way to survive.
Now about hormonally...I think that for the same reason it is trying to survive, it shuts down some of its hormonal functions, because it is not able to reproduce itself...
Like women would have amenorhea, because they cannot sustain two persons alive.
So I think hormonally body loses, and muscle wise it also loses...
The only thing not lost is fat!

Sassy69 said:
Personally I'd also throw in the fact that if you do only one type of cardio - SS or HIIT on the premise that one is more effective than the other, you are leaving yourself to get more conditioned to the one type when variety is extremely valuable as a general rule.

Good point ... both can have a place in a workout plan.

Sassy69 said:
Personally I'd also throw in the fact that if you do only one type of cardio - SS or HIIT on the premise that one is more effective than the other, you are leaving yourself to get more conditioned to the one type when variety is extremely valuable as a general rule.
Word also HITT in a comp prep is hard especially when you get about 8 weeks out. You start getting all kinds of aches and pains and for me HITT makes that worse even on an eleptical.

Miss24k said:
Body becomes stressed and then Cortisol goes up.

CIRCLE GETS THE SQUARE!!!!!

Exactly......you will literally drop lbm on a session by session basis

NOW - to piss everyone off......

I did NOT say that a small fatty/protein meal like cashews etc would not work precardio

:evil:

Its why I recommend nuts on my general plan as snacks

The Shadow said:
I did NOT say that a small fatty/protein meal like cashews etc would not work precardio

:evil:
AHA.....yes, this is what I do for the most part! Also, if PM cardio is your only option, a intermediate solution could be to have your last complex carb meal about 3-4 hours beforehand, so it is somewhat digested and out of the system by the time you do your cardio. Then you can have some carbs afterwards to refuel as necessary.

The point is finding a balance in everything. This goes back to the human body being an amazingly efficient machine that runs on sort of a push / pull system that is constantly rebalancing itself and relies on bichemically driven gateways and responses to the balance of everything else to keep things running. If you artificially introduce a state of extreme with the intent of getting a particular result, it kills the balance. You can't go for the selective result. There's always a cost somewhere else.

Things like bodybuilding (making a significant change in your system for a short term / event) are driven by pushing the extreme for that extreme look, but with the assumption and accommodation of a rebound period. There's always a cost.

For less extreme changes like a long-term bodyfat / weight reduction - that's where you need to make the changes more slowly and more balanced so that you can adjust down your body but never sacrifice any of the balance your body likes to run with to keep everything "normal".

Top Bottom