Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi, new here...(sorry long post)

alltheway123 said:
Hey nycgirl
Thanks for the link on the training equipment. Unfortunately i dont have space for benches and weights, might consider turning the garage into a jym in the future but i dont think i'll be able to pursuade hubby at this point. With the treadmill and the multigym i'll barely be able to move in that room lol

So the book is helpful? Great!! Off to buy my new book! :p

Yes, the treadmill & multigym is good too. My free weights & treadmill arrived tomorrow I'm excited.

I found it to be helpful.

nycgirl said:
Yes, the treadmill & multigym is good too. My free weights & treadmill arrive tomorrow I'm excited.

Yeah i know how you feel. The multigym should be coming this afternoon or tomorrow and i just cant wait to get started. Sesapure and Glucorell came today. Whoo hoo!!! :p

Welcome,Newbie!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm a newbie,2!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have been reading EF posts 4ever(off and on for about a year) and I just started posting this week. Glad I did. These ladies are great.
I am a runner. I ran varsity in high school, 1/2 marathons after that. Part of the reason I am seeking EF guidance is because I have always had a hard time eating enough and enough of the right stuff. As I am getting older, my bad eating is starting to bother my running. It really SUX. Lately,(the last year or so) I can only run between 3-8 miles at a time....only about 4 days a week. I just always feel weak and tired.3-8 miles is a lot for some people but if u consider how many years I spent running 5-12 miles about 6 days a week--> my health has been on a rapid decline because my bad eating habbits are catching up with me as I get older. I have been on EF for less than a week and am already eating a lot better. Check out the recipe thread that these ladies put 2gether.It really helps. The food is yummy and really good for u. I feel better already.
As far as your knee: Just keep going and do what you can do. Try different things. If it hurts then don't do it(this rule mostly just applies to injuries) If it's a feel good hurt like u are challenging your body, it's all good. If it's a bad hurt, then find something else to do until you feel better. Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!

I cannot stress how important eating is to a healthy lifestyle of ANY type, especially running .. also, you cannot neglect weight training, being a runner or NOT … You still need that type of muscle conditioning and cannot rely solely on cardio … a trainer friend and I just had this discussion with a man training for a marathon the other day. It was like he was introduced to a whole new world …

*Bunny* said:
I cannot stress how important eating is to a healthy lifestyle of ANY type, especially running .. also, you cannot neglect weight training, being a runner or NOT … You still need that type of muscle conditioning and cannot rely solely on cardio … a trainer friend and I just had this discussion with a man training for a marathon the other day. It was like he was introduced to a whole new world …
You are Sooo right about weights. I 4got to add that part in my welcome. I do weights about 3 times a week.... kinda. I go...I lift.... but I suck b/c I eat like crap. I also make myself do pushups for every report I write at work. I work 4 days a week. Some days I have to do 2 reports but some days I do 7. It's just a good way for me to fit something in while I'm working. I just decided to do 20 pushups with every report b/c I don't 4get to fit in my pushups when I make it part of my report writing routine.I'm less likely to 4get when I get busy. I do pushups on the 4 days I work and I do abs,some leg work and a couple of other arm workouts while at the gym. I try to get to the gym on the 3 days I don't work. I run 4 days because I run before work. It helps to get me ready for my shift.
So, yes. Good point. Alltheway.......Don't forget your weights. The more muscle you have, the more cals you will burn. I 4got that part.Good Luck!!!!!!!

Hi girls

I have been reading EF for a long time and am overwhelmed over the information this board and its members (ofcourse) provide. It took me awhile before posting but seeing how friendly everyone is here i thought "why not?"

Weights are gonna be easy to add to my lifestyle, i just love doing them, unfortunately though i am restricted to a multigym at home for now. Cardio on the other hand is alot more difficult to do, but i will get there. I've been doing 3x week cardio(HIIT on the treadmill) but i had to stop cause of a swelling on one of my calves.
I went to the doc today and he said i have lymphedema :worried: (sorry dont know exactly what its called in english). Lots of changes have to be done in my life now. I have to always wear a fat sock he gave me, loose weight, train and eat healthy. No alcohol. no caffeine and no smoking AND find a new job. (well i like that one, i hated my job anyway ;) )
So i guess you'll be seeing more of me around here :artist:

Top Bottom