Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hi girlies can you help me shed some pounds fast?

prizee

Hello there ladies

I am 22 - 5"10 weighing just over 101/2 stone i need to get down to 10 or just under. Im going on holiday september 3rd! Now im not realy an active person - ive decided not to start the gym untill im back from holiday! as i will loose 2 weeks. So im doing all my exercise at home - work out video's sitt upps,press ups etc! im on a health low calorie diet - which doesnt seem to be working ive done it for 6 weeks now and only lost about 3lb, Is there anything that i can do to help me loose this weight a little quicker! and home exercise routines that i can do to help me tone up a little. I know i would benifit better through going to the gym but for the time being im just going jogging and stuff! can any one give me any advice? :p

Hi prizee -

Well, I guess the first thing to say is there's no real easy way to "lose weight fast". Any time you force your body to do something not at its own pace, it will either not work or it will work for a brief period of time & then rebound back to even worse than when you started.

So setting that expectation, let me also add that diet will drive your progress - training and all that helps, but if you aren't eating to fuel for your goals, you won't acheive your goals very quickly if at all. Can you post up what you are eating right now? I.e - what you eat, how much you eat & when you eat. And then if you can enter that into a food counts program like www.fitday.com (its free & online!) that will tally up the total calories you are eating as well as the macronutrient breakdown, i.e. % and grams of protein, fat & carbs. E.g:

Meal 1: 8 am
1/2 cup oatmeal
1 c skim milk

Meal 2: 11 am
4 oz chicken
2 cup salad

etc.

And total cals, % protein, % fat, % carbs.

Then it will be much easier to get it tweaked to get you the results you want, or at least on your way to those results!

Take a look at the sticky on this board "Are you new to EF Ladies Board - START HERE!"

And welcome to EF!

Lastly - you will probably get more responses if this is on the other womens' board here at EF, so I"m moving it for you.

I am cutting out most fat instead. With a little cheat here and there just so I wont get tired of it. I have lost a lb a day and I am not starving myself at all. I am at the gym regularly although this past week when I have been on this diet, I have not been there at all. Just needed a break. I can see it on my clothes already! I am 34 and 5"8. 154 lbs from 159lbs in 5 days.

prizee said:
Hello there ladies

I am 22 - 5"10 weighing just over 101/2 stone i need to get down to 10 or just under. Im going on holiday september 3rd! Now im not realy an active person - ive decided not to start the gym untill im back from holiday! as i will loose 2 weeks. So im doing all my exercise at home - work out video's sitt upps,press ups etc! im on a health low calorie diet - which doesnt seem to be working ive done it for 6 weeks now and only lost about 3lb, Is there anything that i can do to help me loose this weight a little quicker! and home exercise routines that i can do to help me tone up a little. I know i would benifit better through going to the gym but for the time being im just going jogging and stuff! can any one give me any advice? :p

Not really sure what cutting out fat has to do w/ anything - the fat you eat IS NOT the fat that deposits on your body. Whatever changes you've made to your diet is probably water weight loss. You can't physically drop 4 lbs of bodyfat in 5 days.

You are better off w/ a good balanced ratio of macronutrients, and then cycling your carbs to make the most of the effect of burning thru the carbs as your first line of available energy source, then to the fats but restockign your carbs before your body's metabolism realizes it isn't getting the expected amount of carbs and slows down. Just one way of optimized fuel burning leveraging the way your body uses carbs.

The thing is that if you are looking to drop a crapload of 'weight" in a short period of time, you are better off settign your goal to drop some water weight to reduce a bloaty look and take whatever fat loss occurs in the time you have. Most diet changes require a good 2-3 weeks for your body to respond and actually lose bodyfat. The initial changes will generally be water weight.

As far as measuring "progress" w/ weight - if you got on the scale on day 1 and then got on again on day 5 - it almost tells you nothing because yoru body can go thru a 3-8 lb change just due to water weight over the course of a day. Could be due to a cheat meal or alcohol or whatever. But the scale is not a real good measure. Clothes fitting looser is a better reflection of progress, but again, in a 5 day period its probably more water weight loss than anything.

Sassy69 said:
Not really sure what cutting out fat has to do w/ anything - the fat you eat IS NOT the fat that deposits on your body. Whatever changes you've made to your diet is probably water weight loss. You can't physically drop 4 lbs of bodyfat in 5 days.

You are better off w/ a good balanced ratio of macronutrients, and then cycling your carbs to make the most of the effect of burning thru the carbs as your first line of available energy source, then to the fats but restockign your carbs before your body's metabolism realizes it isn't getting the expected amount of carbs and slows down. Just one way of optimized fuel burning leveraging the way your body uses carbs.

The thing is that if you are looking to drop a crapload of 'weight" in a short period of time, you are better off settign your goal to drop some water weight to reduce a bloaty look and take whatever fat loss occurs in the time you have. Most diet changes require a good 2-3 weeks for your body to respond and actually lose bodyfat. The initial changes will generally be water weight.

As far as measuring "progress" w/ weight - if you got on the scale on day 1 and then got on again on day 5 - it almost tells you nothing because yoru body can go thru a 3-8 lb change just due to water weight over the course of a day. Could be due to a cheat meal or alcohol or whatever. But the scale is not a real good measure. Clothes fitting looser is a better reflection of progress, but again, in a 5 day period its probably more water weight loss than anything.
That is an excellent post sassy. I always learn from you.

I'm sorry......

Did I miss something??

A stone is about 14 pounds, yes??

SO you are 5'10' and about 150 pounds or so??

..and you want to lose "pounds fast"?

Top Bottom