Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hey - gonna learn Olympic lifting

I'm leaving for Scotland tonight, so lifting is on hold through the end of next week. I'm already planning out my next training cycle, so I'll have lots to post soon. :)

Good luck JJ! You're gonna be great!

Nonerz - all is well - great, in fact, except for that I have a biology exam tomorrow (and 5 exams in 5 days after that) and will probably have to write reams of fine detail on things like protein synthesis - fascinating, thrilling, but intensely complex :)

My squat was up another 2.5 kgs this week - it's slowing a bit, and I'm still getting bruises on my knees from the cleans, but right now everything is perfect :)

You? Just out of interest - I guess you guys don't have access to a ladies' OL bar? It has a smaller diameter and is only 15kgs, as well as being "whippier". My coach has me on that cuz he says that's what I'll have to use in comp. so I better get used to it .... It's nice (even though I generally don't go for "ladies' things", lol.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your programme JJ.

No wonder...you've been a very busy girl!

I've been using the plain old bars at the gym...nothing specifically designed for women or OL for that matter.

The area around my collar bone is really tender, but no visible bruising. Maybe when I move my weights up! :) I don't do OL'ing again until Thursday...looking forward to it though!

I would rather keep workin' with the "big bar' (didn't now there was a "ladies OL" bar) - besides I'm liken' the clean with the Apollons Axle. And it's diameter is 2".

And my hands are leeeettle tineeee things. Gotta work your grip, especially for Oly-lifts.

Steal, sounds like you've been making great progress!

I suppose, unless you're intending to compete in OL there's not much point in getting used to the littler bar. And slinky, you look so .... whew, just SO good with that thick Apollons Axle up overhead, I think you should do ALL your training with it, lol :) (and of course post pics ... ) Amazing!

Cleaning with that thing must really pound your shoulders! (I mean when it lands).

Anyway, progress report - learning the split stance for the jerk - very nice. Snatch is coming along, clean is great - cleaning 50 kgs at the mo ... going up every week. Front squat has come up 10kgs in just a month, and back squat about 15. Considering that for a long loooooong time I didn't really manage to make my squat go anywhere, and would thus seem to be a rather weak girl for my size, this is an unheard of accomplishment in my life. Wow :)

So perhaps 12-14 sets a week on legs past failure ISN'T really a very good idea for a natural, LMFAO! Although, I'm doing about that many total now, just spread over 3 days a week.

No more OL until NEXT Thursday now - gotta somehow get through exams without sending myself over the edge.

Top Bottom