Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Here we go, part deux! :)

Sigh. Having a very bad week. Work outs have sucked dick. Weights are down. And I'm lacking motivation. Severely.

It's all stress related. Trying to obtain a mortgage and some other shit and NONE of it is progressing in my favor. I know all of these worries are affecting my gym sessions. So I'll just hope for a better week next week and not bother to post my numbers this week coz they just straight up suck ass. I'm in total pussy mode this week. And I don't like it much.

Ok so it's apparent that I suck at logging workouts. I hate doing it. Lol. So I'll just give a brief rundown...

Back days, specifically deadlifts, have sucked as of late. I get a weird pain in my hip that inhibits my powering through the pull. I think I've pinpointed the problem: I'm not keeping my chest up and my ass back and not pushing through with my heels. Somehow I've fucked up my nearly perfect form in the last few weeks. The rest of back day has been good. Still pulling heavy weight on DB rows and pulldowns.

Chest days are going well. Benched 215 the other day. Well on my way to hitting 225. DB pressed the 70s for 10.

Legs are awesome!!! Hit a new pr yesterday--230x2!!! I was thrilled!!! Did some new hamstring exercises and lunges. Today, my ass and legs are TIRED!!!

Been combining shoulders, tris, and bis into one day. I've cut back on the number of shoulder exercises I was doing and actually see improvement. I think I might have been previously overtraining them. Getting good pumps out of combining all three arm parts.

Cardio is still rather lame. Been striving for 3 30 minute steady state sessions. Diet is hard. Not really hard, per se. I just don't wanna do it. :). I'm trying to keep carbs up this time coz I struggled with strength and energy so much the last time.

I tried on my suit yesterday. I still look ok. Not stage ready by any means but I didn't gross myself out either. :)

Next week, I'll probably have to get a bit more serious. Boo. :)

Admittedly, I haven't been dieting really hard yet. I've managed to maintain a reasonable post contest weight/look. So I've succumbed to some cravings. Overall my diet's pretty clean, but I've gone on a couple binges so far. So I should not have been shocked when I stepped on the scale and notice a two lb gain. But I'm still pissed about it. And perplexed a bit too. Perplexed coz I think I look leaner at this weight now than I did at this weight during prep for my last show. but it frightened me enough to make sure I don't fuck up the diet today.

I did an experiment yesterday. Went low carb/high fat during the first part of the day. That seemed to work in terms of feeling satieted. I wasn't craving food as much by eating fat instead of carbs. The question is whether or not I overloaded on fat. Yesterday's fat consumption consisted of a handful of almonds, some walnuts that were mixed into my turkey burger, and about 3 tbsp of peanut butter on celery. And I used olive oil cooking spray a couple times. But then I ruined my experiment when I went and ate a cheesesteak and fries for dinner. Lol. Oh well.

Still in the game... Decided to pick up the diet, give it a go for two weeks, then assess progress. If I see lots, I'll keep plugging away. If not, I'll go back to maintenance and then look to "bulk" starting in the fall. However, I don't really want to go over 10 lbs from stage weight coz I don't ever wanna do a 20 week diet again. Fuck that!

So, next Saturday I'll decide where I'm heading. For now, I'm just training hard. Hittin weights as hard as I can, waking up sore the next day. And cardio. I hate cardio. It blows. Strength still good. Haven't gotten past recent PRs but that's ok. I'm still going heavy and that's all I'm worried about for right now.

Your not alone. I'll talk to you. Your extremely excellent shape. Beautiful body.

Sent from my HTC PH39100 using EliteFitness

Im here and still watching....I like your logs because we're so similar in diet struggles, craving, amount of weight we lift and overall size/weight
this is very cool to me....Ive never gotten dialed down as low as you for bf tho...
I would suggest going keto for a few days and upping fats/dropping carbs....you'll feel like shit for a few days but it'll kill the carb cravings then you can slowing introduce your regular diet back in
honestly to get in to it I always eat atkin-ish even if it isn't quality food because it kills carb cravings and still is tastey..helps transition
but again...Ive never been down to your bf levels so maybe my suggestion isnt worth a damn :)

Top Bottom