Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

herbalife

vixana

does anyone know about herbalife ....shapeworks..weightloss porducts..thinking of using that beacause I need to shed fat and I like meal replacing shakes..I can live off protein shakes..nuts I know..but can you get lean and cut using these drinks

How long are you planning to live on protein shakes for? How long do you think you could go without physically eating something substantial? (other than nuts etc.) I'd personally rather eat real food...get your nutrients that you need from real carbs, proteins & fats...you can't beat the real thing...Your body need to have texture to feel siated...the crunch of an apple, be able to chew a steak etc...a shake for a pwo meal or if you are pressed for time is appropriate, but as for Herbalife, I *think* shakes are 80% of nutrition throughout the day (maybe I'm wrong...not sure). I would be careful...even if you need to drop an assload of fat, I would be wary about taking on something that offers liquid as the main part of the diet and go for a consistant 40/40/20 split instead.

Have you thought of what you will do to add food in after you are on these meal replacement shakes when you reach your goal weight? Most probably, your body will react to real food and you will start all over again as your weight will go up quickly, especially if you are eating the wrong sort of foods.

What are you eating at the moment? What exercise are you doing in addition to your eating habits?

your right Jem...
I know drinking the shakes isnt the way to go...I was looking at the shadow's project might try that for a while....its just this weight on my lower half that kills me......hips butt thighs....i cant seem to get rid of the fat...very muscular but fat over it ......i will try shadow's diet and save my money on the protein shakes...you right about herbalife ~ I do believe its 2 shakes a day and 1 real meal.....why do I waste my money I know I can do it myself :rolleyes:

vixana said:
your right Jem...
I know drinking the shakes isnt the way to go...I was looking at the shadow's project might try that for a while....its just this weight on my lower half that kills me......hips butt thighs....i cant seem to get rid of the fat...very muscular but fat over it ......i will try shadow's diet and save my money on the protein shakes...you right about herbalife ~ I do believe its 2 shakes a day and 1 real meal.....why do I waste my money I know I can do it myself :rolleyes:
I am also having trouble with lower body, no matter what I do it won't shift.

atar~ it must be a woman thing...I thank my Italian genes for that mess :rolleyes: but I wish my fat was somewhere else it would be so much easier to slim down a different area...I find when I train my lower body with weights and do light cardio- I stay firm but thick- If I up my cardio usually 4miles in am and 4 miles before bed..I start to see a decrease but the muscle starts to disappear...so I think I will keep up the cardio and maybe train the bottom areas 1 or 2x per week ...we'll see- my biggest problem are the inner thighs and the butt...yuck I can't stand the sight of them

vixana said:
your right Jem...

2 shakes & 1 real meal sounds more like diet through restricted calories. Probably bounce right back as soon as you eat regular food again.

Any of these "programs" will work if you stick to it for awhile. But none of them really constitute a maintainable lifestyle and you usually end up rebounding like crazy and end up worse off than you did going into it.

Top Bottom