Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Helping wife with CKD - 2 months post-birth of second child...

hardbodyhopeful

I am helping my wife, who is 2 months post the birth of our second (and for us final) child, get back int shape. She is very determined and, working together, we achieved good weight loss in the past.

I am a long-time reader of posts here and have done a large amount of online research. I took several nutrition classes in college and have worked as a paralegal in the medical field for 15+ years.

I have had success in the past with a ketogenic diet, so I have put together the attached diet & supplement regimen for her and would appreciate any and all criticism and feedback I can get regarding how to tweak this plan to make it work for her. I would appreciate it if you would review the attached and provide any comments.

Her current stats are: Age: 38 Ht: 5' 4", Weight: 223, BF: 40%.

Using a Bodybugg to monitor and approximate her daily caloric output, it is approx. 2700-2800 cals. / day. Hoping the diet plan designed, offering approx. 1800 cals / day (thus a 1,000 cal. deficit) will allow for a 7,000 cal. per week deficit or a 2 lb. per week weight loss.

Is she breast feeding??

This.

And, honestly, I'd drop the "salad mix" and either do straight spinach/kale mix. Or drop the "salad" altogether and do steamed broccoli, asparagus, or green beans. More fiber, more filling.

Along that line, I am not familiar w the brand of ranch dressing, but I'd bet a balsamic and flax or olive oil spray would be a better choice.

caligirl: Yes, until recently, she was, however, recently prescribed an antibiotic, she decided to discontinue based upon this - as of the last week or so, now completely bottle / formula. However, for the previous two months, baby was receiving a combination of breast milk and formula.

Any further information you could provide would be appreciated. Wife and I looked over the diet this weekend and decreaed carb intake from 50g / day to 29g / day. Diet composition looks as follows: Protein: 31%, carbs: 6.5%, Fats: (mostly healthy monounsaturated, etc.) 62%. Total calories: 1,815 / day. We have tracked daily caloric expenditure (using a Bodybugg) to between 2,500 - 2,800+ depending on the day. Hoping to keep to a 1,000 calorie deficit / day or roughly a 2 lb. per week weight loss if this is sustainable. Hoping the decrease in carb intake along with continued exercise & calorie expenditure will produce some results in terms of ketogenesis.

Any further response would be appreciated.

Daisy_Girl: Understood regarding replacement of the salad mixes & dressing currently being used. I will look into this from a macronutrient perspective & thanks.

Wife and I looked over the diet this weekend and decreaed carb intake from 50g / day to 29g / day. Diet composition looks as follows: Protein: 31%, carbs: 6.5%, Fats: (mostly healthy monounsaturated, etc.) 62%. Total calories: 1,815 / day. We have tracked daily caloric expenditure (using a Bodybugg) to between 2,500 - 2,800+ depending on the day. Hoping to keep to a 1,000 calorie deficit / day or roughly a 2 lb. per week weight loss if this is sustainable. Hoping the decrease in carb intake along with continued exercise & calorie expenditure will produce some results in terms of ketogenesis.

Any further response would be appreciated.

Top Bottom