Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help with the Hydra

2Shy

Hey, ladies. I've been using the routine you all helped me iron out and I'm loving it. Unfortunately my Back/Shoulders/Bis day has turned into a monster since I added in some exercises to help strengthen my stabilizers so I can eventually do "real" squats and also a couple of exercises for my bum rotator cuff. This day has just gotten too long.

I can only work out M/T/W/Th because of other commitments. Makes for an odd split.

Previously, we were doing Back/Shoulders/Bis on Monday, Tuesday off (cardio only), Chest and Tris on Wednesday and Legs on Thursdays.

Monday consists of:

Lat Pulldowns 3x8
Cable Rows 3x8
Good Mornings 3x8
Cable Pull-throughs* 3x8
Back Hypers 3x15, nonweighted
Barbell Military Press 3x8
Lat Raises 3x8
Front Raises 3x8
Prone Rotator Cuff 3x10**
Side Rotator Cuff 3x10**
Biceps Curl 3x8
Hammer Curls 3x8

Tuesday ~ Cardio and Maybe Abs

Wednesday

Bench Press 3x8
Incline Bench 3x8
Cable Crossovers 3x8
Dumbbell Flys 3x8
Skullcrushers 3x8
Triceps Pulldowns 3x8
Crunches

Thursday

Hack Squats 3x8
Deadlifts 3x8
Squats with Aerobic Bar :eek: (I am such a wimp) 3x8
Lunges 3x8
Prone Hamstring Curls 3x8
Calf Raises 3x15
Reverse Abs

*This may be the wrong name. They were in an article Spatts included on my "flesh is willing" post.
** Not sure what these are called either. Gladiola suggested them for my rotator cuffs.

The obvious change would be moving shoulders to Tuesday. Will that give me enough rest for upper body, though?

The good news is that since I started this routine just before Thanksgiving, I've successfully added 5 pounds nearly every week (well not on tris and bis, but I have upped those, too) on each exercise. I know it won't last, but what a great feeling.

Thanks in advance!

I would place the leg workout in between the two for upper body.

Moving legs to Tuesdays has been one of my ideas. I wasn't sure about deads right before or after a back day, though.

Are you saying move shoulders or back to Thursday?

im saying to consider switching the Wd and Thur w/o as they are.

Are your deadlifts just plain old fashioned deads or are they stiff leg deads???
If it were me I would
do shoulders on chest night and either drop the cable crossovers
do one exercise for tris and change it every week
Do old fashioned deads on back night
and switch the nights as Corn suggested
rotator cuff on the cardio night

The core of your training should be squats, bench press and deadlifts. The rest is just extra IMO.

Top Bottom