Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help! Not getting the results I want!

mercy

Hi...
This is my first post. I joined a gym about 3years ago. I went on my own for about 1 1/2 then I started usuing a personal trainor. I got some results but the she lost interested so...I had to move on I tried a couple of other trainors. I did get pretty good results with one of them. She wasn't very responisible, so I had to go else where. I have now been training since the end of September twice a week. I wasn't very good, with the holiday and vacation, I did put on some weight, which I am now trying to take off. I really like my trainor she is very responsible and into our sessions...my problem is I am not seeing the results that I want. How realistic am I being??? I really want definition in my arms. Yes, I have some...but it's not what I want.
How long before I should really see results... I know everyone is different...but I have been training for 1 1/2 now. I also take a lot of different classes. Yes, I am a gym rat. lol
I always go I guess I do weights at lease 3-4 times a week. What do you guys think??? While I am training I can see awesome definition in my arms, but then as the day goes I Loose it.
How long has it taken for you to see some real results?
My diet is pretty good, I do eat a lot of protein, I take vitamins and some amino acids.
Any Help I would really appreciated.

What are your stats?

Weight, height, bodyfat, etc.

When you train - what do you do?

Exercise, weight & reps

velvett said:
What are your stats?

Weight, height, bodyfat, etc.

When you train - what do you do?

Exercise, weight & reps

Need that info to help. Plus, a sample day's diet will help too. Usually, if you aren't seeing the results you want, it is due to adiet problem. Next, is a training problem.

I agree with the other ladies-- and with a clean diet and high quality consistant training you'll not only put on muscle but will also drop more body fat and that will make you look more defined through your whole body. Welcome!

mercy said:
My diet is pretty good...
All the training in the world cannot make up for a "pretty good" diet. Believe me, I tried :D. But once I started making a few changes for the better, I was amazed how they translated into really big results in the gym.

The main mistake women make with regards to a training diet is not eating enough. A training diet is NOT about restricting food, but making sure you're getting enough (of the right kinds of foods) to support your training. A good diet will enable you to train harder. Think: Eat like an athlete - train like an athlete - look like an athlete.

Here's a great link about diet: http://www.stumptuous.com/weights.html
Look under "eating" and "dieting 101"

Thanks so much for your replies.
I am 41years old, 5ft 6", My weight is about 138 my body fat is 25%.
I train twice a week with a personal trainer for an hour. We do 2 different excerieses for each body part. 3sets each increasing the weight. I do go pretty heavy. She also does some cardio in between exceriese and then some 20-30 min cardio at the end.

I also take a kickboxing class, Forza class, step class, spin class each once a week which is 4hrs of high cardio. I also take a dance class which is not real high cardio.
I also take 1-2 toning classes a week, plus i take Power Yoga twice a week.

As far as my diet goes... I have gotten better at it. Like I said I wasn't that great while on vacation, but since I have been back I have been a lot better. My day usally starts with a protein drink (designer whey time release protein) i at some fruit and Orange juice. 2scrambled egg whites and a piece of whole wheat toast.
For Lunch I have either chicken or steak with rice or baked potato small.
I might some cottage cheese with fruit in the late afternoon
and the a protein drink at night, or a piece of chicken with a salad.
Some times I will eat a heavier meal after I train and eat lighter the rest of the day.
Any suggestions ...I would really be grateful!!

Thanks again!
Mercy

My guess is you're doing too much cardio, and it's hampering your progress. Cardio is very stressful to the body, and your body needs rest to make progress. Training a tired body is like beating a dead horse. Cardio may burn fat while you're doing it BUT it's keeping you from building muscle which will help you burn fat all the time and give you the definition you want.

Are you only doing weights 2x/week? Are both sessions "full-body" or do you work certain body parts on certain days? Most beginners start out doing several full body sessions per week, but as they advance, they move up to "split workouts", where they work different body parts on different days. This allows you to train each bodypart more intensely, plus you can work out on consecutive days as long as you're not training the same bodyparts.

To start, I'd suggest swapping one (or 2 :)) of those cardio/toning sessions for another weight workout. See how that goes.

Thanks for your help!
I will try it. I think I have been doing so much Cardio because I gained some weight over the holidays and I've been trying to get it off.
When I train we don't do the whole body we do different body parts on different days. When I take a toning class we do the whole body using weights.
Thanks again! :)

It seems like your diet is still a little light on the protein, too. And, as they said, definitely too much cardio.

Good luck!

Top Bottom