Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Help! How to get rid of bruises quickly!

SteelWeaver

Aaarrggh! Crashed my bike AGAIN this morning - much worse than last time. Now I have literally an egg-sized bruise on the front of my ankle, and another under my other knee, to match the black streak that still stretches from knee to ankle on the side of that leg. :bawling: :bawling: :bawling:

It HURTS, and is huge and will be ugly :bawling: I only have a week :(

I took Arnica last time, will do so again, but any other tips for how to make them go? I'm hoping they won't show too badly under the show tan.

Sigh. Luckily my bike's OK.

BrickGirl said:
ahhh, thought she was doing it as cardio or something, kills the look of the leg muscles

Whaaa!!?? Really? What do you mean? I kind of AM doing it as cardio, along with walking and the elliptical trainer. My commute to work is an hour by train, door-to-door, but I can ride my bicycle to my gym near work in 40 minutes, thus saving myself 2 hours' sleep per night, which is good, since I only get 6. So I ride to the park near the gym, then speed walk for 20 minutes to make up the full 60 mins cardio, then shower at the gym and go to work.

I walk only or do the elliptical on weekends or when work makes it difficult to ride.

Interesting link, spatts.

I've iced the bruise - don't know what else to do. Interesting thing - my heart rate was higher after the crash for the rest of the ride than I've been able to get it for a few weeks.

I remember Wilson6 explaining it to me, he made me stop doing it :) If you are using it for commute though, I guess there isn't a lot you can do though :) Heal up fast! :)

Ditto on the arnica gel. I mainly use it during snowboarding season - I just seem to like to run into things. :) My friend Angela got hit pretty hard by another snowboarder (not me) and had a huge bruise on her thigh. I hooked her up with some arnica gel and the swelling/bruising noticeably decreased overnight.

You can get arnica in gel and spray formats, but I prefer the gel format. It's very soothing.

Thanks guys.

Sigh - my entire ankle and half my foot has swollen up, and most of it has gone black, except for a pink area right in the middle where the main impact hit. It's uglier than sin.

I had some arnica tablets, which I've been taking, and some arnica massage oil - can't get arnica anything here - I just had this stuff from when my sister sent it to me - seems to be helping slightly, but I may have to hit some make-up for the stage. :(

And an old filling fell out the other day, just to make life a little more interesting. :rolleyes: My body's falling apart on me ...

But I can still WEIGHT TRAIN :D

OUCH!!! Get better soon.

I bought I bike last year, but I'm scared to ride it because I don't want to fall! :bawling:

Top Bottom