Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hello all new here with a few questions

Dee522

Hi ladies!

I'm new here, I'm 25, and quite frankly new to dieting/weight training period. I have never been "slim". Even in highschool I was 5'3 and weighed between 130-140. Then got pregnant, and was stupid both times by not watching what I ate and being a couch potato. This has landed me at 5'3 and 207lbs. (OUCH! That hurts to even type it) I really truly want to get into shape, and so I've been trying to do some research. I've heard it's better to learn the right way right from the start, as it's harder to unlearn the bad habits once you've started. I'd love to eventually have a nice fit muscular body, but for now I know I have a ton of fat to lose before I get to that level.

I had read a lot about Clenbuterol, and had even considered ordering the Clenbuterol/Synthroid T4/Ketotifen combo for fat loss. Then I came upon this website, and the thing that caught my attention was the thread that said you'll be seeing more people asking about clen now that the ad in Star magazine came out. So is it really not a good thing to use while working out to lose fat? Like I said, I have a long way's to go, I've love to be around 125 lbs with a muscular build, but is clen really not all it seems to be cracked up to be?

I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!

Welcome to EF :wavey:! I made some comments in red... Here is a post from Sassy to tell you where to start

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6708157&postcount=2

First step is wanting to change, 2nd is doing something about it.
This becomes a mental battle even when the physical part seems the toughest.

See red below...I'll try to find some links on why clen is NOT for you.

Dee522 said:
Hi ladies!

I'm new here, I'm 25, and quite frankly new to dieting/weight training period. I have never been "slim". Even in highschool I was 5'3 and weighed between 130-140. Then got pregnant, and was stupid both times by not watching what I ate and being a couch potato. This has landed me at 5'3 and 207lbs. (OUCH! That hurts to even type it) I really truly want to get into shape, and so I've been trying to do some research. I've heard it's better to learn the right way right from the start, as it's harder to unlearn the bad habits once you've started. I'd love to eventually have a nice fit muscular body, but for now I know I have a ton of fat to lose before I get to that level.

I had read a lot about Clenbuterol, and had even considered ordering the Clenbuterol/Synthroid T4/Ketotifen combo for fat loss. Then I came upon this website, and the thing that caught my attention was the thread that said you'll be seeing more people asking about clen now that the ad in Star magazine came out. So is it really not a good thing to use while working out to lose fat? No it is NOT a good thing to use for fat loss. You need to start with Diet & Training.
Like I said, I have a long way's to go, I've love to be around 125 lbs with a muscular build, but is clen really not all it seems to be cracked up to be?

I appreciate any and all advice. Thanks!
Clen will do nothing for you honey. Don't believe ANYTHING in that magazine anyway.

GREAT ONE
http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=464621&highlight=clen

one more

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=483292&highlight=clen

Some quotes...
“But always keep in mind that clen is JUST A SUPPLEMENT - if your diet & trainnig dont' stay spot on, you may as well forget the clen too. It is only as good as yoru diet & training. With clen especially tho, make sure it doens't negate the quality of your recovery time (i.e. your sleep) - then IMO the sum result of whatever 'fat loss' you got from the clen is pretty much a wash w/ the cost of poor sleep & recovery time.” – Sassy

“Like I said earlier - Clen is WAY overrated for fat loss in my opinion. Try supps from AF Store - Thermorexin is the shit for fat loss. Just my opinion though.” – DaisyGirl

“Have you posted your diet anywhere?? The reason I ask is that unless its VERY VERY TIGHT, you will NOT lose any fat from Clen. How many cals per day?” – Shadow

“First, listen to these ladies. I wish I had, regarding my whole DNP fiasco.
Clen is really, really tough on the heart and lungs. You could do some serious long term damage... and I hope you aren't stacking it with T3. You don't want to screw around with your thyroid function. Bad.

Also re: clen, everyone I know who has done it has been prepping for a comp, and they all say that the fat comes right back on as soon as they stop taking it, no matter how clean their diet is.

And, at risk of sounding redundant... If you want to see your results, you have to make permanent lifestyle changes. If you change your diet temporarily, your body will change temporarily.

Hope that helps.” - Herselftheelf

Last edited:
Good luck - it takes a lot of courage to be honest about your current stats. Congrats to you - you're on your way!

Bunny is 100% correct (about almost everything). Clen is for competitive BODY BUILDERS - for people that can already SEE every freaking muscle in their body. Trust me - I am 235 lbs and 17% BF - I've done Clen/T3-T4 stacks several times and it is total dog shit. Period. It is by no means magic, it is expensive, and is a total letdown.

Instead get a good diet from the ladies on this board - or better yet look at The Shadow Project (I think that is what it is called). It will lay out diet and training and is tailored to women. Maybe also look into some supplements - the Anafit is a EF favorite and board sponser - they have the best supplements I have ever taken - but I would W A I T to start them until you get your diet to at least 80%. You can make a lot of progress w/ out any supplements b/c of your starting point so I say save them as a reward - get to your diet and training as the saviors, as they are all that realy works.

Couldn't give you better advice than the above.

Everyone who is not happy w/ where their body is at, regardless of how much or how little anyone else things they need to lose, always starts at "what is easy" or "I read about this or that supplement", etc. But speaking as someone who started down that path somewhere around 1980, DON' DO IT. NONE of those supplements or quicky approaches outlined in some magazine mean shit if your diet & training aren't already well-established. Your body represents the current state of your LIFESTYLE. Supplements WILL NOT change your lifestyle. They may even manage to upset it. So the best thing you can do for yourself is get focused on YOUR goals, clean your LIFESTYLE (including diet & training) so that the method you've chosen to use (the meal plan & the training / cardio schedule) fit into your daily life and are somethign that you won't just get sick of and stop. That's how fad diets & yoyo dieting become a habit and throw you into this perpetual self-fucking cycle.

The links cited above are fantastic places to start. Its not rocket science but there's more to it than some article in Oxygen magazine. Once you get it going and just stick to it, sometimes it takes a little organization and persistence in gettign to the gym or setting aside time to make some clean meals for yourself, it starts to do amazing things.

Again - I think every one of the people on this board has gone down the initial path of "what about this supplement I read about", and we've all discovered there are no quickie fixes but there's a whole wealth of health & fitness in a little extra effort to identify the best diet & training for our goals!

I'll also throw in my usual comment about things like clenbuteral that I hope will make you think for a second -- even tho they are writing about it in the magazines like its "ok" to use -- clen is actually an asthma treatment and is a controlled substance. If you are willing to put something like that in your body (i.e. self-medicating), but you arent' willing to spend a little extra time to make some easy (free, non-health altering) adjustments to your diet & training, then I am truly concerned. Not climbing too high up on my soapbox, but the point I'm trying to make is how important and fundamental diet & training are to health and yet they are also the hardest things to get peopel to understand that these are 90% of what you want to accomplish. All the other crap is just a SUPPLEMENT to these. If these are not established & consistent, the other stuff is really just a waste of time, money & expectations.

Thank you for your comments. It has made me stop and think. I am here because I would like to do this the right way from the start. I did cancel my order for Clenbuterol/Synthroid T4/Ketotifen. And have been browsing around reading all sorts of things on this forum. There is so much information, and inspiring pictures/stories to read. (Bunny - I just want to say wow, congratulations, and your amazing. I read your interview they did with you, and it's just incredible to read your story.)

I hope you all won't mind a few more questions before so I can get a good grasp on what I'm doing and should realistically expect to see. I know it seems like you all go to the gym, but in the beginning is it possible to work out at home? I have the CoreSecrets program at home, Billy Blanks CD's, Pilates workouts, etc. I have been asking hubby about getting the Bowflex Ultimate since I know how hard it is with our two young kids and crazy work schedules to get into the gym. Within a year hubby should be getting a regular shift, and my office will get another person to help out so there won't be so many late nights, which will provide a lot more flexiablity for both of us to join a gym. Is it possible to make a true different in weight loss/muscle building without attending a gym to begin with?

I completely understand the idea now about starting and staying on a diet and excercise plan before even contemplating any sort of supplements. Also, what can I reasonably expect to see as far as results go. I'm sure it will depend on my sticking to a good diet and excercise plan, but assuming that I will be able to (which I believe I will do!) is it reasonable to see major results within 6 months? A year? 2? How long for a overweight person to see good results?

Thank you all for your time and support! It means a great deal.

I

Hi Dee...welcome. It takes time to see results, but it does happen with a lot of motivation and courage. You seem to have both.
I was 155 lbs myself (am 5'7) and went from a size 13-14 to a size 3-5 (135 lbs solid) in less than 8 months.That was over 7 yrs ago...I was was religious about weights and diet.
Focus on your diet and just enjoy working out and it will all come together for you.
Good luck on your new adventure.

Sassy69 said:
Here's a post w/ some stuff about home gym & some places to start:

http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showpost.php?p=6701686&postcount=5

Thank you that quote hit home actually. Down to the tubby kids part. Don't get me wrong, they look good, but a little "baby fat" I would still say and they are 4 and 6. I feel bad after thinking about all that crap I have been feeding them. It's not right that I start them off to a bad start. I am planning on having a long talk with hubby tonight when he gets home. I've only been on here for a few hours and I've learned mounds of new stuff that makes so much sense.

I am also excited that I was talking with my Mom tonight, and she said that I can have my brothers weight bench with the whole set-up if I want it since my brother (who is in Afganistan right now) was telling my parents that he wasn't going to need it any longer. I'm excited that I can work with weights at home for the time being.

Top Bottom