Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Healthy bodyfat for women

saludsong

As far as I know, us women we are meant to havesomewhat higher levels of BF than men do, and we need it for ourhealth. I see that yes – many girls compete with very shreddedlooks, but how much BF% is a healthy figure a woman can maintain allthe time and still be completely healthy?

Personally, I don't think that women need to have any less than 15% BF. That is a healthy level of fat, and yet allows to look good and keep the feminine traits. That is my personal opinion.

The mayo clinic defines healthy body fat levels for a female to be 18-25%.

It's very individual though. If you have very large breasts, your body fat percentage will be higher because breast tissue is primarily fat.

Once a woman gets her body fat lower then 15%, she can start to experience side effects like lost of menstrual cycle.

I think 18-20% is perfect for a female. Lean and athletic but not so lean that you experience health issues.

i think it's the difference between a healthy average woman and a woman who trains. I briefly dated a former figure girl who had abs. The Mayo clinic will deal with averages.

Equally, as those who train will know, there are a LOT of stories of female Olympic athletes and female bodybuilders who have got down to low body fat levels and have all reported issues with the menstrual cycle.

I think it's a middle ground here on EVO we need to look at. Women here must be interested in health, training and so will have a lower but healthy percentage of body-fat (or at least aim to).

Top Bottom