Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hamstring training?

Try this super set......

Do 8-10 slow hard reps in the leg curl(hold at top) and then jump into full range of motion back extensions(slowly and hold at top)without any rest(hold a weight with arms or barbell across neck). Do this 2-3 times and you will REALLY work the hams, and low back too.
If you do this then scip the SLDL's in the workout.
BUT include deep squats BEFORE you do the super sets.

RG:)

Yep, I must agree with the majority here, straight leg deadlifts are a killer. Ive stopped doing them becuase its putting too much strain on my lower back, but I still find them the most effective exercise.

If you do it with a bar instead of dumbelles it also works well - what I do is hold the bar, fingers facing me, and then drop the bar forward so my body leans over, just make sure that your back is straight :)

BatZgirl said:
Yep, I must agree with the majority here, straight leg deadlifts are a killer. Ive stopped doing them becuase its putting too much strain on my lower back, but I still find them the most effective exercise.

If you do it with a bar instead of dumbelles it also works well - what I do is hold the bar, fingers facing me, and then drop the bar forward so my body leans over, just make sure that your back is straight :)

Have you tired doing them to about knee height only with a big hip pivit and sticking the butt staight back while keeping the back straight or slightly arched?

Another alternative is to do them inside a "trap bar"...perhaps you have seen one...they are a triangular shaped bar that designed by top power lifter Doug Gerard . The grips to the bar are on the side by your hips. The bar was designed for deadlifting of various kinds but can be used for shrugs too.

If they still bother you then you may have to stick with full squats, leg curls and back extensions for the low back and hamstring.

Thanks

Realgains said:

Have you tired doing them to about knee height only with a big hip pivit and sticking the butt staight back while keeping the back straight or slightly arched?

Another alternative is to do them inside a "trap bar"...perhaps you have seen one...they are a triangular shaped bar that designed by top power lifter Doug Gerard . The grips to the bar are on the side by your hips. The bar was designed for deadlifting of various kinds but can be used for shrugs too.

If they still bother you then you may have to stick with full squats, leg curls and back extensions for the low back and hamstring.

Thanks Realgains,

I havent seen that trap bar around at my gym but will defiantely look out for it - :)

I still do deadlifts, just rarely because like I said it puts too much pressure on my lower back, but hey if there is a solution to my problemo, why not hey??? :) :) :)

Thanks hon

:bat:

Realgains said:

:D Thanks again.

Top Bottom