Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Haircut disaster!

Anya, I know how you feel. 2 summers ago I was having my hair permed. My guy was on vacation and I was going away for a weekend with my husband and a friend. I used her guy, he came to my house, and completely ruined my hair! His words "It looks like melted cotton candy!" That morning my hair was up in a pony tail, that evening I swear, I had ONE INCH of fried hair on my head. I looked like a complete freak. I was also kind of drunk and didn't realize how bad it was until I woke up the next morning and I just totally lost it. I showered and put on a hat and went immediately to the wig shop by myself, crying the whole way. The woman was very nice and helpful and I left with 2 wigs and cried every day for weeks afterwards, especially when I showered and looked in the mirror. I was in a real depression over it not to mention uncomfortable wearing a wig in the middle of summer in Florida. My hair also grows insanely slow and although it's been 2 years, my hair is just getting to be shoulder length now with only minimal trimming.

I say go for the extensions if it'll make you feel better! My hair was so damaged that they weren't an option for me at the time.

My hair takes really well to any sort of chemicals, so I only go to ONE person to do my hair.

I went to someone new once to get my hair permed when I was 16, and it looked like an afro my hair was so burnt and horrible...I had to get it cut right off, and have hot oil treatments every week. Thanks GOODNESS my hairdresser is my cousin, she did it all for free for me.

Puddles said:
I showered and put on a hat and went immediately to the wig shop by myself, crying the whole way.

That's a good depiction of how I'm feeling......

I've got been avoiding mirrors completely. When I go to the ladies room I just stay away from the mirror. I put on my little bit of work makeup this morning in the rearview mirror so I knew I could easily avoid seeing my hair.

Puddles or anyone else, how much do extensions cost? Not the maintenance, just the initial cost?

anya said:
Puddles or anyone else, how much do extensions cost? Not the maintenance, just the initial cost?

I have no idea but I'm curious. Also, what is the maintainence like for them? If it's not a lot of work I'd love to get them for a nice change.

I should probably search on Google...Google has all the answers! LOL

that sucks anya i know how you feel i hav ehad more than a few hair disasters and they were bad my last one caused me to cut my hair really short and that was about a month and a half ago the lady works at jcpenny and i was kind of in a hurry and omg i looked like i belonged in "that 70s show" it was bad.
im not sure how much extensions cost but i hope everything goes well for you

anya said:

I'm sure it would depend on the region you are in as well as other things.

I'm in Florida. I paid $140 to have the extensions put in my hair. It took approx. 3 hours early on a Saturday morning. Before I chose to get extensions at this particular salon I had several consultations and researched the different types of extensions available. I went with the hair weaving way. This way my extensions didn't need to be removed daily and put back in. This also promotes hair growth. They braid your hair across in several rows and weave the extensions into each braid. They leave out a row of your own hair on the bottom,sides and top incase you chose to wear your hair up. That way extensions aren't visible.

On top of paying to have the extensions put in I also had to purchase the human hair. I had a choice of either going to a beauty shop to buy a bag of hair which is synthetically created or having the lady at the salon handmake the hair to be used for my extensions. I chose the handmade hair as it allowed for a more natural look. The cost of four rows of handmade human hair was $125. But she gave me a 15% discount for being a first time customer.

So far I've had these extensions for three weeks. During that time I went away on vacation for two weeks. I really love them. At first I didn't but after a few days I fell in love with them. I'm having them removed next week though.

With weaved extensions you can keep them in for three months. Once they are in you can brush them like normal hair, wash them, curl them, color them, etc. Pretty much everything you can do with normal hair you can do with these weaved in extensions.

Awwww Anya, that's terrible!! I sooo hate bad haircuts......

I permed my hair once myself and it turned out like Puddles experience but it stayed long enuf to have it straightened....

That sucks, Anya, not to have chosen short hair and gotten it, but if it's a good haircut, like you say, and your hair is healthy, why not just do your best to make the most of it? Why not get some new dangly earrings, a new lipstick, and enjoy the feel of the air on your neck? Though I do know, from personal experience, that short hair can be hard to deal with, unless you're one of those women who's willing to spend a lot of time and a lot of goo making it behave (or one of those rare ones who actually has hair that behaves on its own).

I got a couple of shorter-than-I-wanted haircuts when I was younger, but that doesn't happen anymore.

Last edited:
I had a friend that went to walmart and got hers cut.....it looked like they butchered it!I could have done a better job than that and i cant even cut hair. Sorry anya, get ur bf to go kick their ass. I am lucky, i have a good hair stylist.....well once i went to Fantastic Sams and the girl just sucked at cutting hair....i had to go home and fix it myself because my bangs looked like she stuck a bowl over my head and cut.....totally awful.

Top Bottom