Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hair colour..

I never color my hair because I love my natural color...it changes with the lighting/season....even what I'm wearing or whether I curl it can change how the highlights show. I guess my base color is a light medium brown, but I've got dark lowlights and blonde and red highlights.

http://i56.tinypic.com/16j1tzm.jpg

http://i52.tinypic.com/oit6kw.jpg

I've always wanted to try blonde on for size but I'm too scared I'd never get this color back.
try one of those online makeover studios that let you try on different styles and colors, even celebrity styles :p

Nef you have great hair. I wouldn't do a thing to it the colouring it really does over process it especially when going lighter. I love your hair colour as long as you don't see any grey's keep it virgin IMO.

Yeah, the whole bleaching process really does a number on hair. Plus bleached hair has literally no shine. I found that out the hard way.

my hair is black...not dark brown...black

its nearly impossible to keep it the correct color...ash is wrong..violet base is wrong....its just always wrong
only thing I've found that works is henna and indigo to get it exactly right...and for whatever reason all of a sudden my hair has decided not to take indigo on my roots...argh

I'm hoping either my indigo has gotten *stale* or the hormones are keeping my hair from picking up the indigo...

its grabbing henna just fine tho...so whats grey is red right now..mixed with my natural black...i try to think of it as highlighting...lol

If you want to go blonder you don't necissarily need bleach with your hair being already kind of light. Color glosses work wonders. Think of them as a clear tinting your hair as opposed to using an opaque dye. There are many colors and rather than dying your hair its kind of just meant to make your existing hair color more vibrant.

I imagine since you have lighter pieces of hair, if you used a blonde gloss it'd make those pieces more vibrantly blonde, which would make you look blonder overall.

Plus, the best part of glosses is they aren't damaging and leave your hair shinier :)

blonde

2h31tds.jpg

more natural

2lvkeht.jpg

I love my color....but I'm jealous of cindy's thick hair. Mine is very fine, and left alone, very straight. I have to put all kinds of crap in my hair to give it any kind of body, and even then it usually falls out after a few hours.

Cindy, how the hell did you get your hair to grow that long in the second picture and actually have it stay healthy looking? If you don't have extensions, I'm triple jealous.

Nope...no extentions :) That's all mine! lol! I have super super thick, course hair. Its naturally curly. I have to have it THINNED with a special pair of sissors. Annie, yes thats me. Thank you! :D I also blowdry my hair upside down and use large hotrollers for body instead of a curling iron.

I have used extentions in the past but my hair is way to long for that now......I have not worn them in years. I recommend them though! Do you have any Nef? That would help with body. I want to try your haircolor nef....lol! I wouldnt touch your haircolor either....don't even think about going blonde. :) What you've got is way better

yeah upside down blowdrying with a little bit of root treatment (i actually like mouse) ftw for big full hair

ditto on hot rollers instead of a curling iron too

my hair really wont hold a style for any length of time tho ..like nefs it falls out :(
only think that works for me is really excellent haircuts that accentuate the straightness of my hair instead

Top Bottom