Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Hair colour...

superqt4u2nv

Elite
Elite Moderator
So I have a new style all picked out get done for the show. I am having trouble now picking a colour. I know red for sure but unsure of which red to go orginally was think almost flame red but now more like a cherrywood red. Thoughts and opnions what shows best up on stage with the lights etc?

You should talk to someone who does stage makeup.

Personally I wouldn't get too wild just for your show. Its one thing to have your own "look", but if its distracting and makes you stand out instead of your physique, eh, not the right place to put the attention. I would go for whatever looks classy. Also remember that whatever color you get, you want to give it ennough lead time to fade to its "long term" color and also not be a shock color that hasnt' settled yet before the show.

For ex, 4 weeks before my show in May I got my hair colored w/ chocolate undertones and blonde highlights -- for 2 weeks I basically looked like a skunk until it all settled in a bit. And in the end I put it up so you coudlnt' really tell.

For any show I do in the future, I've now got 2 blond fall pieces that I will intend to use. If i need, I'll get my hair colored to match one of them better.

Sassy69 said:
You should talk to someone who does stage makeup.

Personally I wouldn't get too wild just for your show. Its one thing to have your own "look", but if its distracting and makes you stand out instead of your physique, eh, not the right place to put the attention. I would go for whatever looks classy. Also remember that whatever color you get, you want to give it ennough lead time to fade to its "long term" color and also not be a shock color that hasnt' settled yet before the show.

For ex, 4 weeks before my show in May I got my hair colored w/ chocolate undertones and blonde highlights -- for 2 weeks I basically looked like a skunk until it all settled in a bit. And in the end I put it up so you coudlnt' really tell.

For any show I do in the future, I've now got 2 blond fall pieces that I will intend to use. If i need, I'll get my hair colored to match one of them better.
Red fades soooooo fast so it is getting done right before the show the Thursday. I was thinking about the colour too and flame red is to distracting I think that is why I was leading toward a cherrywood kind of colour. I will see what my sister in law says when she sees me. She is the one that does my hair. I was online actually looking for falls for next season I think they are the best idea ever so much easier and a lot less stress.

I just wore my hair the way I usually do, albeit a bit more "puffy."

I colored mine the Sunday or Monday before the show and used my usual Summer Extra Light Ash Blond color. And with all my protan & makeup - my hair looked very very BRIGHT! LOL

I ve been a hair stylist forever =) and im not familliar w/ stage lights and what not, but my only advice is definetly give your self some advance, and dont wait till a few days before in case it comes out bad! lol! ANd yes red's are the fastest fading color. If u go red, make sure to have color protecting shampoo, etc. =)

Top Bottom