Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gym peeve...

Little Girl said:
When I did my squat it was worse: the gym stoped for a while (just like in a movie!): all eyes were on me. They never seen a girl squating before??? I could understand that I'm new and they want to look a me a bit, but it's enough!!!!!

I know how this feels, i work out in a gym that is in the mall (Eaton Centre for the Canadians out there)... its always filled with mall girls who just finished work and are there flapping around the 3lbs weights... and a lot of gay men... but they're alright, don't really bother anyone...

People are always looking at me funny too... i swear that some of them have never seen a female with muscle before... and when i get lifting heavy and i grunt or make any other noise... look out!

equipment issues

I ask nicely once. After that, it's intimidation. When I'm training clients, they intimidate in numbers. I teach them to surround a piece of equipment, slowly close in and stare. Training mostly business professionals and attorneys, this is second nature to them. The morons and newbies yield pretty quickly, if not I come over and add pressure and I'm usually pretty pissed by then. The veteran trainees never hog the equipment, there is an element of respect that goes both ways. I move my clients quickly and they move quickly. Nothing burns my ass more than someone doing 10-12 sets of leg presses and hogging a machine for 40 minutes. If you can't get it done in 2-4 working sets, you ain't training properly. If you're in the gym to talk, go to the womens only place down the street.

Patience is for those who have time to waste.

W6

Aw man that old guy is grim......I dont understand what is wrong with people like that. I woulda had to walk away.....or mebbe I woulda pointed at him and started laughing as loud as I could. Then when I was asked what was up I woulda told em......goodbye skunky old man.

If people leave leave bodily fluids on a bench I want to use I just insist they clean it up. But then I'm a 210lb powerlifter so it is prob easier for me that you :)

Alot of guys dont rack their weights because they like to show everybody how much they were lifting. Oh and they like to see women struggling to remove the weight. I bet they feel really tough watching you moving their weights. But if they are only leaving 8 plates on the leg press they really have nothing to show off about.

Alot of gyms are full of seriously screwed up people.....

smallmovesal said:
haha you guys are funny

i posted a little while back that i was on the step mill and some older guy on the bike *right* beside me blew his nose into his hand and wiped it on his shoulder. then he looked around to see who notice, like i couldn't possibly have seen and heard him and did it again... sick!

another guy wanted in to do a set of hamstring curls, which was fine, except when he left there was a puddle of drool on the bench when i went to do my set. blech.

my biggest peeve is the guys who leave like 4 45 lb weights on either side of the leg press... OR when they have just left using it and *watch* me as my 110 lb ass has to go move them myself.

Hey LGirl,
This is Wannabe from Meso. Is the gym that closed the one where you got alot of encouragement? If it is that sucks.

Little Girl said:
My gym closed last week so I had to find an other gym. (and of course, I LOST MONEY! It was a very cool place) But it's not easy! I finally found a f***in weird place (in a basement!) where people never seen somebody in shape before. I won't stay there for a long time, I'm just waiting for somebody enough intelligent to open a REAL gym in our little 225 000 habs town.
I was doing my bench and a weirdo stood just beside me staring at me. I asked him if he needed something and he smiled. When I did my squat it was worse: the gym stoped for a while (just like in a movie!): all eyes were on me. They never seen a girl squating before??? I could understand that I'm new and they want to look a me a bit, but it's enough!!!!! Tonite, I'll do my deadlift and I'm scared to do it. You know, if I'm wearing those little training tops it's not for the men pleasure, no, it's for me! I like to see my muscles, I worked so hard for it, I worth it!:mix: :mix: :mix:

Little Girl
I was thinking about opening my own gym...til I looked to my bank account...naannn!!

Hey Wannabe! You're not supposed to be here!LOL Yea! My pretty nice gym where I had alot of encouragment and support closed! :bawling: I was supposed to be the personnal trainer there :( It was a gym where men understand that a woman could lift heavy even if she's not lesbian or a freak. They were treating me like an athlete and when they were looking at me it wasn't to look to my ass, it was because they were impressed by my lifting or my muscles. I was their equal. I guess it will need some time and at that new gym things will come like they were. That sucks big time!

lol busted! I only come here because this is one of the few places that I can get sane advice of womens cycles....for other people not me. I'm not a woman....I checked. Did I just use "women" and "sane" in the same sentence??

You mean women can lift heavy and not be lesbians?? You just destroyed my favourite dream....oh well.

Its a shame about your gym. The good ones are hard to find. Mebbe you could persuade hubby to let you buy a power rack and a couple of benches. Do some personal training on the side and it would soon be paid for.

Well I've seen your pics.....I cant blame other men for looking.......maybe all the guys you were lifting with were gay hehehe :) But seriously, if I saw you squatting 270lb (thats about right isnt it?) my jaw would prob hit the ground. That would have me impressed.....and I wouldnt look at your ass in case you decided to beat the s**t outta me.

Later...

Little Girl said:
Hey Wannabe! You're not supposed to be here!LOL Yea! My pretty nice gym where I had alot of encouragment and support closed! :bawling: I was supposed to be the personnal trainer there :( It was a gym where men understand that a woman could lift heavy even if she's not lesbian or a freak. They were treating me like an athlete and when they were looking at me it wasn't to look to my ass, it was because they were impressed by my lifting or my muscles. I was their equal. I guess it will need some time and at that new gym things will come like they were. That sucks big time!

Top Bottom