Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good weight lifting belt for a small female?

Tux

Looking to get a good belt for my gf. She has been lifting about 2 years but recently started working out with me a lot. Now she wants to get bigger and stronger and wants a belt for heavy squats/deads/OHP etc. She is 5'1", 105lbs, about 24" waist. Most unisex or even female belts I've seen are waist 26" for the XS. What belt(s) would you guys/gals recommend? Bonus if it has a lot of color/pattern options and can be customized, but utilitarian works just fine, function over form for her. Thanks in advance y'all!

i'm actually not a fan of using belts at all man. i do not see any benefit for them and in many ways they are counter productive.

i would tell you the best thing you can do is teach her proper form because i see so much horrible form in the gym on those lifts. something great to show her are box squats which will totally prevent any sort of cheating and teach her proper footwork

Thanks bros! She does have great form for a beginner and we work on it weekly or better. I think she mainly wants one bc she sees me use one on my heavy triples, etc. I don't let her go below 8 reps yet though. She won't like it but I'll tell her to wait.

Top Bottom