x
Almost there! Please complete this form and click the button below to gain instant access.
EliteFitness.com FREE Email Series: How You Can Use Winstrol, Masteron, HGH, and Testosterone for a Perfect, Muscular Physique!
- -
We hate SPAM and promise to keep your email address safe.
- -

Is this a good meal plan?

Welcome to the EliteFitness.com Bodybuilding Site! Please join this discussion about Is this a good meal plan? within the Women's Fitness (Female Bodybuilding and Training) category.

Excerpt: Ok, this is what I have been eating for the last 6 days. 930am 1 cup oatmeal 1130am 2 bananas and a very small portion of peaches 130pm 2 turkey sandwiches on 7 grain lite bread w/fat free butter 330pm ceaser salad - small 530pm slimfast shake (soon to be changed to a protien shake) 8pm 1-2 chicken breats w/veggies (corn/green beans/potatoe) I drink water all day (and it was surpisingly easy to do it), I drink a glass of milk with 'dinner' and a small glass of orange & strawberry

Read more or register here to join the discussion below...

All Natural

Is this a good meal plan?

Ok, this is what I have been eating for the last 6 days.

930am 1 cup oatmeal
    1130am 2 bananas and a very small portion of peaches
    130pm 2 turkey sandwiches on 7 grain lite bread w/fat free butter
    330pm ceaser salad - small
    530pm slimfast shake (soon to be changed to a protien shake)
    8pm 1-2 chicken breats w/veggies (corn/green beans/potatoe)

I drink water all day (and it was surpisingly easy to do it), I drink a glass of milk with 'dinner' and a small glass of orange & strawberry juice.

I would like to know if this is ok or if I need to tweek it. Seeing as I am new to this and just this week FIANLLY found out the difference between simple and complex carb. Also, ? - would french fries be considered a carb & a fat?

I go to the gym 6 days a week:
    Mon - 20-30 mins cardio and then lower body
    Tue - 40-50 mins cardio
    Wed - 20-30 mins cardio and then upper body
    Thur - 40-50 mins cardio
    Friday - 20-30 mins cardio then whole body
    Sat - 40-50 mins cardio

Thanks!!!

The simplest answer to your question is NO.

Star

take a look at phemomena's thread on the members' pics board... she posted her diet.

I can't provide a completely satisfying rework of your diet & exercise schedule, but I could make a few suggestions:

Diet:

- Cut back on the oatmeal to about 1/2 c - this is around 25 g carbs. Also add some protein - could be egg whites or even mix some low carb protein mix into your oatmeal. This is the meal that kick starts you in the morning, so make it a quality meal.

- The fruit is good in the sense that it is fruit, bananas provide potassium, etc. but its a lot of sugar. If you must eat fruits, its at least better to do it in the morning. You might cut it back to one banana or maybe switch to 1/2 a bagel or something.

- the turkey sandwiches aren't bad - I would try to add in a complex carb somewhere in one of the meals around here - maybe 3 oz sweet potatoe or some brown rice.

- throw some protein in the ceasar salad - some boiled eggs, some chunked up chicken or something.

- Definitely toss the slim fat for a good whey protein mix.

- For your last meal, keep it to protein and starchy carbs (dark green vegies), cut out the complex carb (potatoe, etc.)

You also need to include some good quality fats in here -- like flax seed oil or Udo's Choice. I've mixed a tbls of that into my protein mix or oatmeal in the morning. Also a good place is in a salad like vinegar& oil or mix it in w/ a low or zero carb salad dressing. When you are cutting back on your carbs, EFAs is what gives you some energy to run on.

Workout-wise -

- On training + cardio days, put your cardio AFTER the workout
    - You train Mon, Wed, Fri -- You might consider doing 2 days of upper body, breaking it into back & bis / chest & tris or back& chest / arms or something, and one day of legs. If you do a balls-to-the-wall leg day, no reason to do it more than once per week.

It will probably make your life nicer if you allow one cheat day, so maybe that is the day you can mention french fries and not worry about what sort of food it is or calories, etc. (Though personally I dont' advocate any type of fried food )

In general, you might get your diet & training schedule evaluated by a trainer at your gym for more specific details. Take a look at the calories and amounts of protein, carbs and fats in your diet so you understand how much you really are eating and what value you get from the foods you eat.

Good luck!

sassy hit just about everything, and small mentioned that i posted my diet...
    it's here

http://boards.elitefitness.com/forum...threadid=41081

now, without knowing your stats and goals i'll say that this diet has brought me nicely throught the past 5 or 6 months with only some minor adjustments, but it is a lot of food for some people to swallow (literally), so adjust it to suit your goals...

the only thing i'll add is that you should probably look at getting a protein, a carb and even some fat it every mini meal that you eat... balancing these out in a ratio that's in line with your goals.. 5-7 mini meals (saying that gives me minime austin power's flashbacks ), should go a long way in firing up that metabolism... if you eat one type of food at once (i.e. just fruit) you'll be setting yourself up for some blood sugar/insulin spikes and such... not a fun thing...

good luck...

NOOOO!!! You need a good source of protein w/ every single meal....

All Natural
    Thank you for all your suggestions! BTW my goal is to lose excess fat and get more muscle.

You guys are great!