Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Good BF for women

Psendeli

From what I know, the average good BF% for a normal woman is 20%, which is higher than man's 15. But now what is considered a healthy BF% for a woman doings sports and taking care of her health. Something without going into extremes.

In my opinion, a usual non-competing lady can be well off with as little as 12-15%. That would be quite a low BF% to have for a woman, and yet this little fat won't affect your health and functioning. You are doing good by pursuing female BF, not male's.

Averages aren't good. People have been getting fatter for years. Think of it this way - 20% is ONE FIFTH of your bodyweight. And again, if you're getting fatter so that averages are creeping up that's not healthy.

for a women 20-24% is very good.. a fit chick would be 15-20%

No. That's fat. Having 1/4 of the body-weight as fat isn't good. Maybe if you're an Eskimo and need the insulation it might be.

Like I said numbers have crept up, clothing sizes for both sexes have crept uyp and now we consider almost 25% of our bodyweight in fat as healthy? No.

18% percent maybe. Just this week I read a great article on how we've changed the numbers over time. The classic example is Marilyn Monroe. She's cited as being an 'attractive size 16'. And a LOT of women are now size 16. The trouble is we've made a size 16 in 2017 a LOT bigger than a size 16 back in the 1950's. She'd be a size 12 now.

Now women's heights have also gone up. So you might argue the dress size point. If they are taller they will be bigger - not fatter. But I think we are just getting more comfortable with a higher fat percentage. It's too easy saying 25% is 'average' because averages have gone up. So that means we're fatter. And we know we are cos post after post on this very forum says 'obesity is at record levels'. And we know obesity causes a LOT of health issues.

So enough with the 'average is ok' BS. 25% fat is too much fat. Just as we know that too little fat can affect a woman's menstrual cycle too much fat causes a shed load of problem. 18% is about right.

Top Bottom