Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

gomad for girls with free lactose milk

michigan2

I need to gain weight and I will try the gomad method, which consist in drinking 1 gallon of milk a day, I was wondering if it can be done with free lactose milk, since I am intolerant to lactose, or free lactose milk has less nutritional value than regular milk? thank you.

Lactose free milk isn't really really lactose free. What the manufacturer does is adds a lactase enzyme to the product which digests the lactase molecule into galactose and glucose. It still contains the same amount of sugar and fat as regular milk.

Milk really isn't the best choice. Even if you are trying to gain weight. A cup of 1% milk has 13g carbs, 2.5g fat and only 9g of protein.

You would be much better off using a high quality whey protein supplement and then adding in your own carbohydrate source like oatmeal, fruit etc.

All protein powders are not created equal. You really need to be a smart consumer in today's market and do your research. Look at the ingredient list and supplements fact panel on every supplement before buying it.

For a whey protein - you want to see nothing but that in the ingredients list. Whey protein, natural flavours, a natural calorie free sweetener like stevia and then maybe some salt, soy lechitin and cocoa powder. There are a lot of good products on the market. I personally use isolation from n2bm.com. A good whey isolate should be pretty much fat and carb free. Isolation has 26g protein, 1g carb, 0g fat per 30g scoop.

I'm not a proponent of this ridiculous GOMAD at all. remember milk is an acid, so it will actually deplete your body of minerals

as a female the last thing you want to do is that. i would tell you to simply up your calories another 100-200 per day if you want to gain mass.

Simply eat a bit more, and perhaps add some whey isolate - this will be plenty to gain some weight. Definitely don't go with that much milk, especially if you are lactose intolerant. It will only cause problems, and even in a person who is fine with lactose, milk will wash out a lot of minerals, which will actually make your bones thinner.

Its super oldschool method which was used when you dont have good access to food, supplements and proper diet.

I think such way of dieting is not healthy for you and poorly balanced. Seriously, how can you think this is a good way to build muscle if you have access to all the good stuff in the stores?

I would not recommend this at all. You can easily add additional calories by adding a shake with a bunch of ingredients to it. You can also just add some whole eggs and more protein.

Top Bottom