Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Goal setting

tripleV

SeT GOALS!

Goal setting is the art that makes everything else possible. It adds aim to energy, focuses effort, and for some, structures time. Surveys show that people who plan ahead are much more successful over the long term than those who plunge in without knowing where they’re going or how they’ll get there.

GOALS SHOULD BE SMART:

S=SPECIFIC: Planning daily, weekly and monthly fitness goals.

M=MEASUREABLE: Set goals that are measureable in quality and quantity. Measuring your body fat %, keeping a personal journal, keeping track of meals and workouts.

A=ATTAINABLE: In the enthusiasm of the moment we often set goals that may be beyond our capacity. Stick to smaller attainable targets that will keep you on a positive track.

R=REALISTIC: Goals should reflect your values and be compatible with your lifestyle. Success is about learning how to customize your activities to find the right fit for you.

T=TIMELY: Don’t try to tackle too much at one time. It is important to keep a sense of balance, and you should be cautious of overloading yourself with too many priorities. Reaching your fitness goals, should be planned so that it does not compromise other important things in your life

I found this on a site I went to:

Q. I am planning to enter my first contest in the near future. What should I be aware of in order to be psychologically prepared? Do you have a list of the things which you normally bring with you on the day of the show? I’m very nervous about competing for the first time!

A. Your first competition may make you a little nervous, but if you are well prepared, you should be able to make the experience and enjoyable one. Psychologically, it is very important that you maintain a positive and confident attitude. Getting ready for a show is no picnic, and if you have put your best effort into your contest prep and training, you have good reason to be proud of your accomplishment. If you step onstage with a lack of confidence, it will detract from your physique, and may affect your placing. Be careful about the unsolicited advice you will inevitably get during the last couple of weeks before the show. Do you think a superbowl team will change the game plan, which has worked successfully for them all year? And most importantly, don’t worry about your competition. You have no control over what another athlete may look like, so don’t waste your time worrying about somebody else. Concentrate on your strengths and follow the advice of your trainer exclusively.

And guess what? I am setting a GOAL right now to compete for the first time in approximately one year. I am currently researching what comps are available in my area. And ive also got someone lined up who can help me out alot.

Thanks for the informative info! Good luck on training for your first show! Just being IN a show is an accomplishment !! I don't know if I would ever have enough confidence to go on stage and pose - but if I could ever just DO IT, I would be happy with myself no matter what I place I came in!

Good luck and congratulations on your confidence!

:beer:

Sounds GREAT!! Keep up your motivation and positive thinking...Keep that mind frame even in the slumps and you will do great!

Hmmm...be sure and send me those goals...just as I asked...k?

B True

A new article has been added:

"Top Fitness Goals for Muscle Building Success This Year"

<strong>With last year now in the books, many bodybuilders are hitting the gym with renewed fitness goals. Unfortunately, many of these people will fall off of their new fitness goals within the first few months. If you don’t want to join them, you’d better read our top 12 fitness goals that will have you packing on more muscle than ever!

Here's the link to read about setting and reaching your <a href="http://bodybuilding.elitefitness.com/fitness-goals" target="_blank">Fitness Goals</a>!

Top Bottom