Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Gluten intolerance???

dirty~d~

Slobberknocker
Platinum
Are there any women here who knowingly suffer from a gluten intolerance or celiac disease? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks.

dirty~d~ said:
Are there any women here who knowingly suffer from a gluten intolerance or celiac disease? Feel free to PM me if you'd prefer.

Thanks.
Shit, D., I'm sorry I missed this but last weekend was busy for me with the Equinox and all.

Yeah, I'm one of the lucky ones :rolleyes: what would you like to know?

While I've never been formally diagnosed I have enough instant symptoms (in addition to all sorts of other unpleasantness) that I'm confident I have some form of gluten intolerance if not full blown celiac.

After 'cleansing' for a month I've noticed some positives... my energy level is increasing, I've stopped losing weight (but I'll be much happier when I can start putting it back on) and my migraines aren't coming back. I didn't realize how messed up my body really was until I stopped eating gluten and started reading.

For other women (and men for that matter) that are reading this, wondering wtf I'm talking about...

http://www.gluten.net/celiac.html

It's more common than one would think. If you're suffering from unexplained, nagging medical problems I'd recommend at least reading up on Celiac Disease.

about 1 out of 475 people has acute gluten intolerance / and or celiac

HOWEVER most people can tolerate and in fact enjoy wheat/ gluten and other wheat products.

OMEGA said:
about 1 out of 475 people has acute gluten intolerance / and or celiac

HOWEVER most people can tolerate and in fact enjoy wheat/ gluten and other wheat products.
I've heard of numbers as high as 1 out of 250 and as low as 1 in every 2,000. I don't think they can come up with a solid average since it's not a standard "allergy" and there is no standard test. Blood tests are unreliable and even the "gold standard" of intestinal biopsy has it's flaws.

I tell people that have GI issues (particularly a GERD/IBS combination) to try giving up all gluten and see what happens. Amazing how many of them feel 100% better within a few weeks.

Eating gluten free (GF) is getting easier, finally. While you can rarely find GF stuff in "regular stores" the bigger health food stores and "chain" health food supermarkets (i.e., Whole Foods, Trader Joe's, Wild Oats) carry a LOT of prepared GF foods. I can actually have everything a "regular" person does, even a pretty damn good pizza. Whole Foods carries premade pizza crusts made by The Gluten Free Bakery that have a nice taste and texture, just add sauce and cheese.

Frankly, I have a sneaking hunch that one of the reasons colon cancer is increasing is because gluten intolerance is on the rise, and I think gluten intolerance is on the rise because gluten is in SO much shit. Overexposure to foods at a young age can create allergies later in life.

People who are gluten intolerant and continue to consume gluten containing foods increase their risk of colon cancer by over 30%.

I took a look at all the info furnished (thank you everyone) and sadly, none of it helps me. :(

I was at the very height of my illness back before I begged for the surgery that screwed me up even worse (May 2003 I believe it was) and I had not ingested ANY gluten products for YEARS... no bread, pasta, rye, barley or wheat products. I was supposed to compete in a bbing competition in Apr of that year so my diet was eggs, fish, chicken, beef, all types of veggies, oatmeal and yams, NO ALCOHOL whatsoever and I never smoked.... the docs didn't know what to make of it... still don't.

If there was any thing(s) that I could avoid or include in my diet that would make me feel like a funtioning human being, I would do it... but, alas, I am fubar'd regardless.

Top Bottom