Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting up early...

Early morning sucks moose cawk (to use one of Matty The Skywalker's fav terms...) Sure you get a lot done, yada yada yada. I often find this is true, but then I want to go take a nap by 10 am.

But as noted above, it takes a bit to change habits and also your "day" -- I am a night owl and I find it infinitely easy to stay up until 4 am. HOwever this also rotates my day by those extra hours and I'm worthless until 11 am. I'll be starting this soon enough -- 5 am cardio.... To do that, I'll have to force myself to get to bed by 10pm , 11 at the latest. I use Nytol and OTC stuff like that if I need help falling asleep - works pretty good for me & I'm not all messed up & groggy in the morning.

I'm waaaaaay w/ Bunny on the Cardio Breeze tho -- you can take it on an empty stomach and it turns even the most miserable first 5 minutes of cardio you can't even remember why you are up doing it, into a really invigorating work out that you actually start going, hell ya I can go another 15 minutes AND i get to watch the Stock Update on the morning news! (As if I would normally even give a shit....)

mermaid said:
Practice. They say it takes 21 days to form a habit. Put the alarm on for 4.50am, snooze it for 10 mins then just get up. I have literally rolled myself out of bed, feeling quite nauseous but just pushed through it. I was consistent for over 3 weeks (once, LOL) and then I found my body clock readjusted to wake up at 5am. I then naturally needed to go to bed earlier.

It's rough. I'm starting this again on Tuesday - I feel your pain!

I agree with mermaid absolutely.
I wasn't a morning person before Beibei(my dog) came to my home.
She wakes up at 5:00 everyday and then try her best to wake me up, just like a walking alarm clock... Getting up earlier a few days make me also sleep earlier.

I get up at 4 every morning...no alarm...just wide awake. It took about 2 weeks to adjust..I have done this for 8 years now!Love it...coffee first thing!

My advice would be - Make sure your sleep is GOOD sleep. There is a big difference (to me) between 6 or 7 hours of solid, deep sleep... and... 9 hours of tossing and turning.

Other than that, I have two words for you:
CARDIO BREEZE.

I'm just getting used to this again. I spent the last year being able to get up whenever I wanted and now I've got a job that requires me to get up at 6:45am. At first it was horrible as I was used to going to bed at about 1am, now I've got it down to about 11pm which isn't too bad. I've been doing it for two and a half weeks now and I'm not getting so tired from it, yay for my body hehe.

I'm managing to fit in running / working out as soon as I get home from work as it's still light. I'm not looking forward to the winter (long way off at the moment but still...) when I can't run outside after work . . . I guess I'll be getting up at the crack of dawn then!

Allie-Cat said:
I get up at 4 every morning...no alarm...just wide awake. It took about 2 weeks to adjust..I have done this for 8 years now!Love it...coffee first thing!
OMG!!! I'm SO jealous. I WISH!!!!!! I'm workin' on it too W2B. I'm using Mermaid's suggestion! :heart:

scorpiogirl said:
OMG!!! I'm SO jealous. I WISH!!!!!! I'm workin' on it too W2B. I'm using Mermaid's suggestion! :heart:
Even on off days now.. no matter what I'm up that early too ... wake up get ready, realize it's Saturday .. LOL (i.e. no rush to gym/work/gym etc) ...

If I sleep past 9 am I cannot stand it ... OMG ... :worried:

Top Bottom