Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

getting out of plateau in my progress

Dacy1

Hi guys I'm a 25 year old female , 5'1 and weight 123 lbs, I have been lifting and following a diet high in protein for 7 months, and the last 3 months I haven't been able to go over 123 lbs, I'm cut and defined but my goal is 130 to compete in fitness, my protein intake daily is 1 and half grm per pound of body weight, and calories 15 times my body weight per day, work out 5 days a week and still I can't get out of plateau at 123 lbs, what would you suggest.

Add another meal everyday, if that doesn't work add 2 meals/day. If you're doing contest prep keep these meals mostly protein.

I would keep protein at 1.5g per lb bodyweight but increase carbs. You should get to 18x your bodyweight in calories. 7 months is not that long so you should be able to bust through the plateau with that minor adjustment.

Your macronutrient breakdown looks great. Your problem is your calorie intake. Your are basically eating your maintenance caloric intake.

Check out this video I made on how to calculate your calorie, protein, fat and carb intake based on your goals -> https://www.evolutionary.org/forums...s/nutrition-101-carbs-proteins-fat-46427.html

A rough estimate to determine how many calories you need is to multiply your body weight (in pounds) by 15. That will give you the amount of calories needed to maintain your current body weight. If your goal is to gain weight, multiply your body weight by 17-18. If your goal is to loose weigh, multiply your body weight by 12-13.
For example, a 200 pound person would need 3000 calories to maintain his weight (200 x 15 = 3000).

Once you have determined your calorie needs. Set your protein intake. A good number to shoot for is:
1-1.5 grams of protein/pound of body weight for natural athletes
1.5-2grams of protein/pound of body weight for enhance athletes

Once you have set your protein intake, fill the rest of your calorie intake with carbohydrates and fat.

Top Bottom