Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Getting Back In Shape

S

smbdybldr

Hello Everyone!! my name is Sara, I am new to EF and excited to start a journal here with my fitness goal.
I have been training on and off for the last 4 years.. for one time I weighted 115 lbs and happy with my weight and body.. I am having hard time to get to my goal again.. I may need a different diet, or something else..
my status now:

Height: 5'3''
Weight: 187 LBS

I started eating clean today and below I posted my daily meal plan, training and cardio.. I would love to be one of the Shadow's project.. I truley believe this will work for me .. it worked for many people here on EF and I believe if I get the right nutriton, training and cardio guidance I know I can do it!!

I don't know if my goal is realistic .. but by the end of July I would like to be back in 115 lbs - 120 lbs ..

Here is my new daily meal plan:

Meal 1
1/2 cup dry oats
1.5 scoops whey protein

Meal 2
1 Cup White Rice
1 Can Tuna with water

Meal 3
1 Cup White Rice or 5 oz. Potato
1 Can Tuna or 5 oz. Boneless chicken breast

Meal 4
1 Can Tuna or 5 oz. Bonless chicken breast
green veggies

Meal 5
1.5 Scoop Whey Protein

My training would be 5 times a week

day 1
chest/calves

day 2
Hams/arms

day 3
shoulders/triceps

day 4
Back

day 5
Quads

Cardio: I will be walking on treadmill 5 times a week.. 30 minutes morning on empty stomach and 30 minutes after training in the evening..

Water: my goal is to have 1 gallon water a day

Please The Shadow let me know if you have room for me to be on your project

Hello and welcome. You might be setting yourself up for failure with your goal. You will have to lose almost 5 pounds per week! That's a lot. Not saying it can't be done, I wish you the best of luck. But, maybe you should try setting short term goals. go by the month and see where you are on July 1st. That is an interesting training split you listed, let me know how it works out for you, I am curious. Again, welcome to the forum!

There are many of us here trying out The Shadow Plan and you can find all details in the sticky above.
Good luck and welcome to EF.
You will get tremendous support here from all the ladies and also some of the men.
You won't find yourself in better hands. :)

thank you guys for the support! :)
m sams, I know I might not get to my exact goal by the end of july.. but I hope i get very close to it

msam76 said:
As long as you believe you can do it, you can! I'll be rooting for you!
:)
I just would like to follow the shadow's plan .. and I cant find it

I agree with msam -- careful with 'date-fixed' goals. I had to drop from 185 to 135 and started last year Feb 2, 2006. First it was Labor Day I'd be done... then Thanksgiving... then Christmas... then Valentine's Day... then the Arnold (which was this weekend). :rolleyes:

Word to the wise -- I've lost a total of 115 lbs and date-fixed goals SUCK and are worthless. If you are putting on muscle -- which you will with a split like that and dedication -- you won't get to the scale goal on the date you mentioned, and I hate to say it but I'd be in total awe if you came close by then too.

It's a lifestyle change. Do you have a cheat day somewhere in there? Are you being realistic with eating tuna and potatoes daily? Some women here can do it -- but they're competing. I am not competing -- I live my life day to day and I KNOW I can't live on rice and tuna and whey daily. They're part of my diet, but I know how I got up in the 180s, 260s, whatever... and it was food that I LOVE. Just keep a reality check when planning.

I did not lose my weight following the Shadow Project... I'm sure there may be a few similarities between his plan and what I did -- but my plan is made to suit ME and to get the fat off me and put this muscle ON. I don't eat carbs before lunch or after dinner; I make sure my diet is 40-50% protein a day, and every Saturday I get a cheat day, all day (not gorge, but I eat whatever).

I don't diet on vacation; I eat sensibly but I eat quality food/cheats, not junk.

I do cardio 6 days a week first thing in the morning and a 4 day split lifting at night. Your description of your workout regiment is a good one -- but I was reading it getting tired! :) I focussed on getting my cardio in for 3 weeks before I really threw the weight schedule in there. It took me a good 2-3 weeks to find the time for fitday and counting my diet AND adjust to waking up to do the workout AND my job.

My point is -- be PATIENT and take it one day at a time. Don't overdo it, but be vigilant and realistic. Feel free to ask quesitons and get advice from any of us here. With time, you'll get to your goal. Welcome to EF. :)

I would dump the white rice & potatoes & sub. in brown rice & sweet potatoes - they are just healthier in general. And a fat added to your pre-bed protein would be good too. And you may want to start keeping track of your macros/cals, etc via a free online web site like www.fitday.co -- you need to make sure you're eating enough.

And as previously said, with this plan being so flexible, make sure it'll work FOR you & not against you. Welcome to EF!!

Top Bottom