Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

getting back into the habit: appetite/fat loss Q's

zandria72

Okay, I'm gonna jump in here.

I have a history of being overweight. I also have a history of atypical depression, meaning I obsess over food and sleep a lot (traditionally, people with depression don't eat or sleep much).

Basically, I am a bookworm/sloth that decided to try to become an athlete a few years ago. The battle continues. LOL

My first attempt was in about 91-92. I was lifting several days a week and worked up to 60 minutes of low intensity cardio (also several times a week). Very little happened. Sure, I saw some gains from the weight training, but I didn't lose much weight OR fat. I ended up taking my diet down to about 1200 calories, and I lost weight...but I never got lean. (Most likely diet overkill, and I have learned a lot since then). Then I strained my hamstring and was out of commission for quite some time.

Went off to college, put some weight (fat) back on. Never stopped lifting. Cardio varied. I am 5'6", my weight varied between 140-160 during that time. Bodyfat was probably 25-30%.

A couple of years ago, I got on the running bandwagon. That was a big thing for me. Running was, and is, difficult for me. I've had numerous hamstring strains and achilles tendonitis. I love seeing progress in running, in much the same weight that I love seeing progress in weight training. But damn, it is hard on me.

So...I moved out to CA last fall. I have not worked out regularly since September or so. I ran out of money and had to stop taking Prozac (which took care of the compulsive eating problem). As a result, I have ballooned up to about 180-185 lbs. I can't afford to join a gym right now, though that is a high priority. I'm not interested in AS yet, but I need to do something to jump-start the fat loss (particularly appetite suppression). I have taken ECA quite a bit, but it is my feeling that ECA is really the most useful when you already have a clean diet. Its appetite suppression (for me) isn't very impressive. What effect does Yohimbe Bark have?

My roommate mentioned doing Phen-Fen for a couple of months. I'm not sure I want to go that route; the heart valve stuff makes me nervous. I'd be interested in doing something like that though...

My long term goal will be to get back to running and weight training. I like doing short races. But right now, I am constantly fatigued and need something extra to get me going. The two big issues are appetite suppression and a metabolic boost. I know how I am supposed to eat; that isn't the issue here. I'd be quite happy to get back to a clean diet if I weren't fantasizing about junk food all the time. :p

Zandria - welcome to world of elite! Glad to see you are interested in pursuing the things that you like to do!

I can empathize regarding enjoyment gotten from doing the physical activity - people ask why I spend so much time in the gym - easy - because I love it! I'm very happy w/ the physical results of it and really helps me relax and refocus after a whacky day at work! (Cheaper than a therapist!!) The hard part for me is keeping the diet straight. I've probably had a food obsession for most of my life... I could analyze that to death, but no point.

A couple of points - phen-fen is now illegal, though you can get phentermine (the "phen" part of phen-fen). It basically makes you feel like you are on "speed". Personally I'd stay away from it - no such thing as a quick fix. Don't even consider AS until you have the diet & training down. It won't do anything to lean you out. And it is an absolute waste of money if you don't support it w/ clean diet & hardass training. If you've been using ECA for a long time, make sure you cycle it. (e.g. 6 weeks on, 6 weeks off) I built my own ECA stack (ephedrine, no doz, aspirin) and used that for close to 4 months straight, 2 days on, 1 day off. At the end of the 4 th month I couldnt' make it through a work out - no energy, completely burnt out. I also wasn't able to lose any weight / body fat at that point either. Lots of ephedrine is just plain bad for you.

If you are constantly fatigued, I guess first rule out that you don't have something like Epstein-Barr or something "medical". Otherwise, I would really concentrate on cleaning up your diet and setting up good eating and sleeping patterns. A large part of that is just plain discipline - eating 6 small meals about 2-3 hours apart, etc. The point is not to be scared of food or to feel like you are restricting yourself. Your body is bogging down (if there is nothing medical --- BTW have you had your thyroid checked? something like that) then you want to put in the food that will allowit to run the most efficient way it can. Kind of like changing the oil in your car and replacing the filter in your car. Also loading in more stimulants may make matters worse. You can only artificially boost yourself for so long before it starts costing you....

I'm saying all of this not to preach, but to relate some of what I've found out. I followed competition diet for 8 months straight last year, the last 4 months w/ heavy dosing of ECA and a heavy protein & carb diet. Now I'm sitting here w/ an extra 20 lbs I never had before. I recently found a holistic nutritionist who really didn't change much of my diet, but put me more on a lower protein diet and added in some fruits and vegetables that I haven't had in close to a year. Your body needs variety - it draws lots of nutrients from many different foods - so I've been following this for about 3 weeks now and I'm actually seeing a difference - including sleeping better and having more energy.

I wish you luck - there are no quick fixes that will give lasting results. A clean diet and a brisk 2 mile walk every day will probably give you good results to start with. Good luck! I'm sure you will get some good advice on this board!

From reading what you had to say I am sure of atleast one thing....Please get on the Prozac again....or a comparable medication. Nothing is going to help you before you head is on straight.....and it's very clear that all this begins in your head. Their are programs that will help you get your medication at a discount or even free. Check with the department of Mental Health and Retardation in your State. You will get free counseling and they will set you up to get your meds Free!! You can't have a healthy body honey without first having a healthy mind. Good Luck!

Star

I understand Exactly where you are coming from, about 2 years ago I worked in a monument company and was in fantastic shape, at the time I decided to find a line of work that my body would take to and I needed a break from the office scene. I loved the work and was able to add to the realm of mediums I can work in. unfortunately the men I worked with did think that females belonged in their profession. I left following a near accident that would have cost me my right hand. I decided it wasn’t worth it, I have never been a quitter but I had to take in to account what I was facing. I went back into the office and was depressed; I didn’t realize that’s what I was feeling. I took the night shift to make matters worse because I was on a bender insomnia run. 2 years later realized I had put a vicious case of the office spread on. I just had enough. My sister lifts and has been very heath conscience for years, I told her I needed something! Anything just to get started. I had tried Phen-Phen for a very short time, for me the stuff was nightmarish. I have always been very productive relaxation means that I have something to show for it. When I took Phen-Phen I stopped caring about anything, and I gained weight. I was even less active, totally unmotivated, by the time it was over felt utterly defeated.
My sister recommended SynTrax Adipo Kinetix, she said that she had researched this brand and it was excellent. She said that sometimes brands make claims with low-grade materials or that contain less of what they claim than is actually there. She has been using supplements and fat burners for years, I was sure she knew what she was talking about and I had nothing to lose. I took it thinking well sure, thanks sis this is going be something I take for a few weeks and discard but thanks.

WHOOOW! At the time I was still on the graveyard shift and NOT going to the gym especially considering how out of shape I was. I sort of made an attempt to not eat my plate and took these, I had really good results. It was what I needed; they also helped the depression because I was proactively in pursuit. 3 months and 60 pounds later I go to the gym, I have more left but this was just what I needed. I take half the dosage on the back because you build a tolerance to it. I do the 3 weeks on and 1 week off. I changed my diet to soy base products because the natural estrogen is our body own, that helped the weight drop evenly and allowed me to keep more of my collected boob tissue. I feel like an add for this stuff, I have been looking for information on side effects and prolonged usage. My idea is to be healthy I didn’t put this on all at once and it won’t all come off overnight. I still have an occasional candy bar though now more often they are supplement bars; I don’t feel bad about it. I also completely dropped the soda. The Adipo Kinetix made me crave water and now I do better than a gallon a day (use multi vita) I don’t miss any of it. I have a better self-image and that’s the really big difference with how I approach my day and life. When I started this I did not work out at all, not even moderate exercise I just put breaks on how much I ate and tried to order fish instead of the double cheese bacon melt. My sis also said this isn’t the highest mgs in the stack but she recommended starting more moderate then moving up if necessary.
I know herbs and some of the ingredients (ephedrine) will cause liver damage without lots of water to help you system flush this stuff out, The water is really important if you decide to try this. I get if for about 17.00 a bottle from a mail order supplier and am still working on my first bottle 3 months later.
How ever you decide to go it has to be for you.
:D

Top Bottom