Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Frustrated, please help me out

Hey Daisy girl-

Thanks for taking the time to read and reply.

I learned from my college courses that plateaus can last for up to a year and a half. That's where I got that from.....prior to my degree, I also thought plateaus would last for only a few weeks, but it is possible that your body can fight you that much with losing the last bit of weight. :)

I appreciate the help with the body fat information. A few years ago I was only 17% bf and my period stopped (which I thought was weird because my bf wasn't too underweight but the dr told me it happens and I needed to gain some back), so that's why I am afraid to lose more than 19% if I'm not even going to prepare for a show anytime soon. But who knows, we'll see how things go when I lose more bf.

How much HIIT do you do a week and approximately how long do you do them for?

I like to do one minute all out sprinting followed by 2 minute recovery and repeat this until I have done 20 minutes worth of intervals.

I was thinking of changing it to 30 second high intensity sprints followed by one minute recovery...

Just curious. It's interesting to see what others do!
***Cute picture by the way- I Heart little ones; too cute, too cute***

agree with above - to me, it looks like you're doing too much cardio. you don't need to do that much - your body will respond better to 3 days a week of cardio and 2 of weight training. take the weekends off and let your body rest. even a little added muscle will help you burn more fat.

also - my period didn't stop until I hit 12%.

the-short-one said:
agree with above - to me, it looks like you're doing too much cardio. you don't need to do that much - your body will respond better to 3 days a week of cardio and 2 of weight training. take the weekends off and let your body rest. even a little added muscle will help you burn more fat.

also - my period didn't stop until I hit 12%.

Thanks girls!!

I am going to try the three days cardio/ 2 days weight training. Oh darn, less cardio....feel the sarcasm in that by the way :)

I appreciate all of the help, thank you so much. I'll let ya'll know how this works for me!!

**Hams**Here's what I mean by low, mod, and high intensity:

Intensity Levels (breathing on a scale of 1 to 10- 1 is the easiest (at rest) and 10 being the hardest (struggle to breathe)

**Low intensity- walking, yoga, leisure swimming......not really hard to breathe 4-5

**Moderate intensity- jogging, volleyball, outdoor biking.....harder to conversate and breathing is a 6-7

***High intensity- intense aerobics, heavy wt. training, running/sprinting, SOCCER!!!....breathing 8-10 and conversation is out of the question :qt:

Check the stickies for info on HIIT ...... Esp the thread called "Links to top threads". I will also try to find the post and link it here ..... BRB

Keep in mind that what they teach you in books ain't always the way it is in the real world of training and BF manipulation. Research is GREAT, and totally necessary, but diet and training is SO individual you cannot always say that things are one way or another. I still maintain that if you have hit a plateau for more than a couple weeks, then you need a SERIOUS overhaul in diet and/or training.

Thank you on my little one - she is a joy and pain all rolled into one! :)

flipican16 said:
**Hams**Here's what I mean by low, mod, and high intensity:

Intensity Levels (breathing on a scale of 1 to 10- 1 is the easiest (at rest) and 10 being the hardest (struggle to breathe)

**Low intensity- walking, yoga, leisure swimming......not really hard to breathe 4-5

**Moderate intensity- jogging, volleyball, outdoor biking.....harder to conversate and breathing is a 6-7

***High intensity- intense aerobics, heavy wt. training, running/sprinting, SOCCER!!!....breathing 8-10 and conversation is out of the question :qt:

I've got a buddy back at the University of Arkansas who is getting her Phd in Ex Phys. She calls your kind of measure of intensity "rate of perceived exertion", or RPE for short. When I think of intensity for a cardiovascular workout, I think of a percentage of maximum heart rate. So, if max heart rate is 200 beats/min, then 80% intensity is 160bpm. When I think of intensity for a weight workout, I think in terms of percentage of 1 rep maximum. So, if your 1RM in bench is 200lbs, then 80% intensity is 160lbs. It would be really interesting to see a study where they try to determine to what extent RPE is correlated with percent of maximum heart rate and percentage of 1RM. In any case, to determine cardio intensity, you'd need a heart rate monitor or to be able to check your pulse during or immediately after the exercise. Or, you might be able to correlate it with speed. For example, if you ran 100m in 18s and your pulse immediately after is 160 (assuming 200 is the max), then you know that an 18s 100m run is 80% intensity for you; that is, until your fitness improves.

70lbs!
Damn girl, congrats!!!!!! :heart:

I'm stunned by the amount of cardio you're doing... Yikes - that's really well, too much.

Also, off the top of my head...

Any chance you can take calcium supplements? How many additional mg's do you need to get in per day because of your meds? You can get calcium from kale, spinach, broccoli, salmon, almonds, tofu instead of yogurt and milk.

And maybe swap out the wheat bread for sweet potato and/or oatmeal.

Welcome welcome welcome!

First let me say I'm literally ready to jump into the screen to try and give you advice because so much of what you have experienced and are experiencing has happened to me too.

70 lbs is ASTONISHING! Way to go on that -- we're so glad to help you out especially since you seem to know a lot alraedy (which is a bonus, though not necessary) and, more importantly, we know you're already motivated!

About the plateaus -- honey, I'm WITH YOU on that! :evil: I could not break 185 lbs at 5'6" for TWO YEARS and I really thought I had done all in my power to overhaul my diet, change it up, change my workout, try weightlifting, etc.

Believe it or not... there IS a way out, and we're definitely going to help you find it. I am finally down to 160 or so and I have the last 20 lbs to do -- but it's with the help of Elite and these girls here that I really figured out what my body needed to get past the plateau. And YES -- it was a major change and NO it was not something I did before.

Echoes and ideas and thoughts thus far from me:
1) Cardio is a good thing, but make it worth your while when you DO do it! Moderate activity is lovely and all... but I personally, as a "fit" person, don't count it as true workout unless it's HIIT. Get the most out of your time, you know?! The ladies here are right about changing it up, REST MORE, get LOTS of sleep (trust me -- THIS IS HUGE!), and you'll feel better.

2) Fitday... oh my goodness, it's a godsend and it saved me. SAVED ME! :qt: For real, I logged EVERYTHING and my diet at its cleanest was much like yours -- and from what I read, it appears you have the needed calcium... but it's also adding a great deal of carbohydrates (though complex) to your diet too. I think once you get the ball rolling with fitday, you'll see that your body is screaming for more protein. Again -- read those stickies!

3) In addition to the stickies, READ LOGS on the women's board whenever you have time. Most of us have them, and some are older and some are newer -- some of us have a FEW of them... but they're ALL valulable and you'll find really great ideas on how to change-up your lifting routine. I get some great ideas from these girls.

I'm so excited for you to be here because I really think I could relate to someone like you and vice versa. Congrats on all your progress, and I can't wait to see you kick this plateau. You're going to do it! :heart: :wavey:

T-Cake said:
Welcome welcome welcome!

First let me say I'm literally ready to jump into the screen to try and give you advice because so much of what you have experienced and are experiencing has happened to me too.

70 lbs is ASTONISHING! Way to go on that -- we're so glad to help you out especially since you seem to know a lot alraedy (which is a bonus, though not necessary) and, more importantly, we know you're already motivated!

About the plateaus -- honey, I'm WITH YOU on that! :evil: I could not break 185 lbs at 5'6" for TWO YEARS and I really thought I had done all in my power to overhaul my diet, change it up, change my workout, try weightlifting, etc.

Believe it or not... there IS a way out, and we're definitely going to help you find it. I am finally down to 160 or so and I have the last 20 lbs to do -- but it's with the help of Elite and these girls here that I really figured out what my body needed to get past the plateau. And YES -- it was a major change and NO it was not something I did before.

Echoes and ideas and thoughts thus far from me:
1) Cardio is a good thing, but make it worth your while when you DO do it! Moderate activity is lovely and all... but I personally, as a "fit" person, don't count it as true workout unless it's HIIT. Get the most out of your time, you know?! The ladies here are right about changing it up, REST MORE, get LOTS of sleep (trust me -- THIS IS HUGE!), and you'll feel better.

2) Fitday... oh my goodness, it's a godsend and it saved me. SAVED ME! :qt: For real, I logged EVERYTHING and my diet at its cleanest was much like yours -- and from what I read, it appears you have the needed calcium... but it's also adding a great deal of carbohydrates (though complex) to your diet too. I think once you get the ball rolling with fitday, you'll see that your body is screaming for more protein. Again -- read those stickies!

3) In addition to the stickies, READ LOGS on the women's board whenever you have time. Most of us have them, and some are older and some are newer -- some of us have a FEW of them... but they're ALL valulable and you'll find really great ideas on how to change-up your lifting routine. I get some great ideas from these girls.

I'm so excited for you to be here because I really think I could relate to someone like you and vice versa. Congrats on all your progress, and I can't wait to see you kick this plateau. You're going to do it! :heart: :wavey:

Hi there darlin'!!-
Thank you so much for the help- I appreciate it! I'm glad you've experienced this problem as well...well, you know what I mean :)
It's nice to see I'm not the only one who has been in this LONG slump lol....
I'm so proud of you!- Go girl!!! I hope I'll overhaul the plateau asap.
Can't wait to let ya know how things go.

Top Bottom