Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Front Delt PAIN

Gladiola

Well, my shoulders have been hurting a bit off & on for almost a couple months. Some soreness, nothing serious.

I realize (um, with the help of some coaching), I've probably been overtraining my shoulders, so I'm backing off.

Last night I did chest & my right front delt felt SO weak & kinda didn't want to work AT ALL - it felt like it was shutting down when I was attempting DB chest presses. :(

Question for tonight: Do any back work, or leave the whole darn shoulder to rest?

I had the same problem, I just took some time off and made sure I was completly warmed up b/f I went with the heavier weights.

this is off topic... but whenever i do tricep dips i get a nervy feeling in my shoulders...

anyone else? am i doing something bad?

smalls it may be the positioning of your hands as well as your arms position causing the stress of your bodyweight to travel up your arm into your shoulders, i get it sometimes and i just adjust myself a bit and it calms down.

Exercises that can hurt the delts and that you can live without or have better alternatives:

- upright row
- wide grip pulldown to front or back (medium grip pulldowns to front work the lats better anyway)
- dumbell front raises with overhand grip (use a neutral grip)

I think that you should refrain from heavy overhead presses / benchpresses for a short while and meanwhile do specific exercises to strengthen the rotator cuffs

I find when I have a specific, dedicated shoulder day in my split they become overtrained to the point where they limit my other bodypart workouts.

I now work shoulders into my split the following way;

On chest day I finish off with 4x10 lat raises.
On back day I finish off with 4x10 rear delts.
On triceps day I warm up triceps by starting with 4x10 dumbell presses.

I find splitting the work load this way really prevents the overtraining which is specific to delts since they are used/utilised during any upper body workout and therefore easily overtrained, e.g.front delts are used in bench pressing and chest training, rear delts in back training, front delts again during arm workouts.

Top Bottom