Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This forum needs to be controlled by women

RottenWillow

Plat Hero
Platinum
I'm recanting my vote against men posting here, however it needs to be clear that women are in charge here, meaning zero tolerance for misogeny (sp?), sexism and general disrespect for women. The lady who moderates this forum needs to be very proactive about kicking boy butt and keeping this about women.

General Chat is fine but it's clear that forum has always been dominated by men. Hanging out in the online equivalent of a sports bar is cool, and I enjoy the company of guys, but this forum needs to be dominated by women and since they outnumber us on EF like 50 to 1 this place needs to be protected very carefully.

Good point -- my thought on the subject is that this forum should be for women only.

George Spellwin said:
Good point -- my thought on the subject is that this forum should be for women only.

But we could never enforce that. You know that male members will create female "alters" in they really want to post crapola here. However, the content and quality of the posts definitely can be enforced. As I mentioned before, any content disrespectful of women in any way needs to be tightly controlled, warnings, post modificatons or deletions, but all done in a very expedient manner.

For me personally, I would only begin to open up and really discuss women's issues if I felt this were a safe place to do that.

Very true Anya. Alters will pop up.

This won't solve it, but can we have the Women's Chat only show if you log in under a female username? (a-la Mod Board?) That way, many men won't even know it exists.

Daisy_Girl said:
This won't solve it, but can we have the Women's Chat only show if you log in under a female username? (a-la Mod Board?) That way, many men won't even know it exists.

Wait, hang on. You lost me. How would that work?

anya said:
I'm recanting my vote against men posting here, however it needs to be clear that women are in charge here, meaning zero tolerance for misogeny (sp?), sexism and general disrespect for women. .

LMAO

...this from the lady who has "Frankenhooker" above her handle.

You can configure forums to be visible only to certain groups, but I don't know that you can, by default, poplulate a group by gender flag or allow access to a forum based on gender flag. I'm sure it could be done.

Back in the day, the women's board was pretty tightly regulated by Spatts and Lobo, and any guy who wandered in and got out of line was told not to come back, and had any posts on the Women's board deleted. That worked pretty well, but it requires dedication on the part of the mod.

TheProject said:
Back in the day, the women's board was pretty tightly regulated by Spatts and Lobo, and any guy who wandered in and got out of line was told not to come back, and had any posts on the Women's board deleted.

I know. And you used to post a lot in there back then too I noticed. I used to mine a lot of the old Women's threads when the search function allowed it. I read some references to deletions and related smack downs back in the day. If I had the time neccesary, was qualified and there was a vacancy I'd up in that mofo promoting the hell out of Women's and controlling content. But you're right it does take a LOT of time to do all that.

If you or anyones sees something that you don't like in terms of an inappropiate post, comment etc...pm me and its a goner.

Top Bottom