Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

This forum needs to be controlled by women

TheProject said:
You can configure forums to be visible only to certain groups, but I don't know that you can, by default, poplulate a group by gender flag or allow access to a forum based on gender flag. I'm sure it could be done.

Back in the day, the women's board was pretty tightly regulated by Spatts and Lobo, and any guy who wandered in and got out of line was told not to come back, and had any posts on the Women's board deleted. That worked pretty well, but it requires dedication on the part of the mod.

I am quite sure that the combination of new and old current females mods are fully capable of moderating this board effectively.Come to think of it we do a pretty good job of moderating the other boards.

velvett said:
I am quite sure that the combination of new and old current females mods are fully capable of moderating this board effectively.Come to think of it we do a pretty good job of moderating the other boards.

Whoa whoa whoa...I never meant to imply that any current mod, male or female, was doing a better or worse job than anyone else. My point was that Lobo and Spatts were both on the women's board, almost exclusively, all day long. That's not to say that anyone should or shouldn't be doing that now; merely an observation.

The Women's board is decidedly slower now than it used to be, which perhaps means that it requires less regulation, but it seems to me that it is more loosely regulated now than it used to be. That is perhaps par for the course with a changing of the guard.

Shadow, it used to be that the posts were noticed and gone before a PM was necessary.

Don't everyone get their noses outta joint at me; I'm just trying to offer historical input and suggestions.

TheProject said:
Whoa whoa whoa...I never meant to imply that any current mod, male or female, was doing a better or worse job than anyone else. My point was that Lobo and Spatts were both on the women's board, almost exclusively, all day long. That's not to say that anyone should or shouldn't be doing that now; merely an observation.

The Women's board is decidedly slower now than it used to be, which perhaps means that it requires less regulation, but it seems to me that it is more loosely regulated now than it used to be. That is perhaps par for the course with a changing of the guard.

Shadow, it used to be that the posts were noticed and gone before a PM was necessary.

Don't everyone get their noses outta joint at me; I'm just trying to offer historical input and suggestions.

I totally agree with you.

Dont get all pissy there......Project.

;)

Last edited:
Sorry....Project...I tho ught you got the sarcasm.

I remove my comment...you arent pissy.

:)_

TheProject said:
The Women's board is decidedly slower now than it used to be, which perhaps means that it requires less regulation, but it seems to me that it is more loosely regulated now than it used to be. That is perhaps par for the course with a changing of the guard..

I personally think that the women's board has picked up quite a bit since the lul that appeared around late fall/winter of last year.

I also feel that there is a whole new crop of fabulous woman - both mods and members that have come onto the boards which has changed the whole vibe and element of posts on the women's board.

maybe we could instill some "rules" for the Girl Talk forum. and make it a sticky. ive seen this done on other women's forums. LIke "hey guys, read this sticky before you post on this forum". somthing like that

This new forum is an awesome idea, but yes, it will take a lot of work whatever course of action George decides to take. However, I think that the female mods that we have now are perfectly capable of taking care of it. I don't want to see everyone get all excited over this forum though and then slowly drift back to C&C. Girl Talk has the chance to become a place where we can bitch about guys, talk about Girlie Days, or whatever we want without having to face comments from the male members of this board, or rather some male members of this board. Project and some other men on Elite are awesome posters when it comes to the Women's Discussion board or maybe even this one. And Project is also very right about the efforts that it took to keep the Women's board the way it was. It's stil an awesome board, and yes, it has picked back up. I think that this forum has the potential to become just as awesome. Just without the help of any males on Elite.

I just like the idea of an all-women's board. I'd be more inclined to post about some parts of my life here than on C&C.

I feel pretty comfy saying that if there was a lot of nonsense going on in the women's discussion board, it would get thrown out of there. There are plenty of places on the board for horseplay-- that's not one of them.

Raina said:
I just like the idea of an all-women's board. I'd be more inclined to post about some parts of my life here than on C&C.

I feel pretty comfy saying that if there was a lot of nonsense going on in the women's discussion board, it would get thrown out of there. There are plenty of places on the board for horseplay-- that's not one of them.
I agree. I'd definitely have things I might talk about if it was more exclusive than C&C. I don't have girl talk in real life, so I'll take the internet kind. lol.

I wouldn't mind moderating it tightly....As I've said before, if anyone ever sees a post that they find offensive on the WOmen's Board, all they have to do it let me know and I'll delete it. Nobody ever has.....so I assume if they don't speak up, all is fine. And there have only been a few comments I found inappropriate.

As for the "log in" function. As an example.... there is a Moderator Board here. When you log in, if you have "Mod Powers" it shows up. If you do not have "Mod Powers", it doesn't show up. So if you are not a Mod, you never even have the option to click on the Mod Board. Only Mods can see the board exists. SO....if we set that function with the Female Chat Board...then if you log in and your profile has an 'f' under gender, then you will see the board. If your profile has an 'm' under gender, it won't show on the list of boards. Make sense?

Top Bottom