Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Foods for a woman on period

Aswar

When I have the period, I feel very weak, and sleep alot. What kind of foods can a woman eat on period to get some moreenergy? Something like the liver is known to be good because itincreases RBC. So I need to eat things that increase RBC?

Yeah, beef liver, red meats, and lots of green veggies should be able to make it up for the lack of iron for you. Then again - some women have an easier time with their periods, others not, so this may be quite individual.

Another thing to look into is the essential fatty acid GLA. You can get it through a evening primrose or borage oil supplement.

GLA is great for regulating hormone levels and will reduce PMS.

Definitely iron rich foods like grass fed beef. Also it would be worth it to have your doctor send you for blood work just to make sure you are not getting way too low on iron. Iron supplementation is not something I would recommend to just do without a doctor but sometimes it is necessary. I actually have a close friend that has to take iron tablets for this exact reason.

Top Bottom