Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fly's Countdown to Competition Log

Thanks Ice and Treil!

I am carb depleting for 4 days and carbing up for 2 days. Tomorrow is completely off...THANK GOODESS. My butt hurts sooo much today. Why did I think that I needed to do the stepmill this AM? :worried:

Re: Tuesday, April 4, 2006

FlyBrownChick said:
Third day of carb depletion

4:00 AM: green tea

4:20 AM: 45 minutes cardio

10 minutes stepmill
25 minutes treadmill
10 minutes stepmill

2 scoops Xtend during workout

5:45 AM: egg whites, avocado, celery
10:00 AM: turkey burger, roasted asparagus, raw baby spinach, celery
1:15 PM: turkey burger, roasted asparagus, raw baby spinach, celery
4:15 PM: whey, banana

FlyBrownChick said:
Thanks Ice and Treil!

I am carb depleting for 4 days and carbing up for 2 days. Tomorrow is completely off...THANK GOODESS. My butt hurts sooo much today. Why did I think that I needed to do the stepmill this AM? :worried:
Ouuuuu I LOVE the stepmill :evil:

I take full blame .. I embedded it in your head :)

*Bunny* said:
Ouuuuu I LOVE the stepmill :evil:

I take full blame .. I embedded it in your head :)
Believe it or not, I often think of doing your intervals on it. Then...I wonder...WTF is wrong with me? I am not doing Bunny's crazy azz intervals fasted! Especially when my heartrate is supposed to average 150...and it NEVER goes below 155 on the stepmill...

But my butt may not hurt tomorrow...and I just might... :evil:

FlyBrownChick said:
Believe it or not, I often think of doing your intervals on it. Then...I wonder...WTF is wrong with me? I am not doing Bunny's crazy azz intervals fasted! Especially when my heartrate is supposed to average 150...and it NEVER goes below 155 on the stepmill...

But my butt may not hurt tomorrow...and I just might... :evil:
Give it a go darlin ...
I started with the drop intervals & am DRIPPING when I get of the thing ... OMG 10 minutes and I was soaked ... wtf...

You can start high, do 3-5 drops ...like this
Level 10 / 8 / 6 / 4 / 2
Or go 10 / 6 / 2
Or Simple 8 / 3 <-- this is hard, but the others are killer
etc.

even if you have to do 20 seconds ON interval, and 60 seconds recovery at a low speed, that's fine too :) Experiment! & post results ... I love new ideer's

Do you do them fasted? I never see mention of a preworkout meal in your journal. How do you feel about fasted HIIT?

Ahhhh...I do double stepping. Have you ever tried that? Mucho butt burnage.

FlyBrownChick said:
Do you do them fasted? I never see mention of a preworkout meal in your journal. How do you feel about fasted HIIT?

Ahhhh...I do double stepping. Have you ever tried that? Mucho butt burnage.
Really .. every day i have a pre/during & post workout shake.

I trained all the time on empty ... and me & some guys of on Diet got in on a test since we all happened to be into pre & during workout nutrition ...

Working GREAT for me ...

Interesting read about fasted cardio http://www.elitefitness.com/forum/showthread.php?t=471337

No double stepping usually b/c I dont use my hands :) & I'm like dancin' on the step to whatever is playing, mixing up the steps with the various rhythm :) sure it looks hilarious, good thing I don't care what others think :)

*Bunny* said:
Really .. every day i have a pre/during & post workout shake.
Oh, I'm not saying that you don't. Hell, with as fast as your journal moves...I may have just skipped over that part.

I totally agree with eating precardio. I never really understood why people felt like it was SO much better. Current trainer says the same...it makes no difference. I've always had a precardio meal until now.

Thing is, I don't have time in the AM to eat. I actually take BCAAs pre, during, and post workout since I am not eating.

I just got a visual of you dancing on the stepmill. :lmao:

FlyBrownChick said:
Oh, I'm not saying that you don't. Hell, with as fast as your journal moves...I may have just skipped over that part.

I totally agree with eating precardio. I never really understood why people felt like it was SO much better. Current trainer says the same...it makes no difference. I've always had a precardio meal until now.

Thing is, I don't have time in the AM to eat. I actually take BCAAs pre, during, and post workout since I am not eating.

I just got a visual of you dancing on the stepmill. :lmao:
LOL sorry hun, I meant in my log for MEAL #1 & 2 usually says pre post w/o shake right next to it ... I gotcha though :D

That is why i sip it through my w/o as well, b/c it's conveneint & the Gatorade & ISO is just TOO good a combo to miss for me & my taste (or lack there of since it is tastelss) & needs :) Quick & easy ... helps with endurance too :)

I DID the am cardio on empty in the beginning .. had GREAT results both ways ... all about experimenting :D

Completion of yesterday

Third day of carb depletion

4:00 AM: green tea

4:20 AM: 45 minutes cardio

10 minutes stepmill
25 minutes treadmill
10 minutes stepmill

2 scoops Xtend during workout

5:45 AM: egg whites, avocado, celery

10:00 AM: turkey burger, roasted asparagus, raw baby spinach, celery
1:15 PM: turkey burger, roasted asparagus, raw baby spinach, celery
4:15 PM: whey, banana