Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Flavor of the Month, Flavor of the Week, Flavor of the Day

*Bunny*

We all know things change for us, sometimes daily and who doesn’t like change?! We all know our body does!

So I thought lets take the time out to get to know each other, and maybe our SELF a lil bit better! For this week at least! Try to answer the questions in a 1st thing that comes to mind type way, relative to your current training. :) There is no wrong answer or wrong way to answer the question, interpret as you see fit...

I'll go first ...

(1) What is your favorite body part to train and/or Favorite Lift?
Shoulders look wicked when training them, but current fave lift I'm going with front squats & BB Bench.

(2) Why do you make it a point to train? What’s in it for you!?
I believe this lifestyle keeps me healthy & cancer free.

(3) Do you have a Favorite Meal? Lets hear it! Healthy AND the cheat preferences!
Healthy - Broc Rice & Chicken conctions with some Mrs Dash Seasoning & EVOO
Cheat - Blue Cheese Crusted Filet, Garlic Mashed Tato's, Red Wine, Cheese Cake

(4) Do you need to listen to music when you train? Why or why not?
Yes!!! Music helps me get in the zone and focus on my workout, not surrounding distractions.

(5) What do you like to listen to while training?
I think everyone should have Down with the sickness on the ipod (or portable player of choice) WHolly :cow: does that song get me goin! ... I have a blend of Genres, HipHop, Trance, Alternative, Metal, etc..

(6) Do you have an IPOD, walkman, MP3, etc?
The original ha-uge ipod and the nano I won from the profile contest!! WOO HOO :heart: EF!

(7) How many pills do you take a day? :eek:
Hmm today I will have about ~ 25 .. that will vary with food intake

(8) Do you have a favorite supplement? Vitamin? Top 3 & Why?
Supps:
Glucorell - has way more benefits than we realize
Cardio Breeze - if Im not burnt out that baby is wakin' my ass up in the morning
Purecee - I believe it does what it says it will
Vitamins
Vit C - I like to think it helps keep me healthy & when I'm sick
Cranberry - Gotta take care of my kids :)
Drawing a blank :rolleyes: I don't have a #3 at this time

(9) What annoys you MOST about training?
Someone using a piece of equipment I'm dead set on using

(10) How many days a week do you train? Times a day? For how long?
Currently, 5 days on 2 off, Once a day (that may change if I add back in cardio in the PM), try to keep it under an hour

(11) How much cardio do you REALLY do?
Not as much as I need to be right now!! Cardiovascular endurance BLOWS!

(12) Do you feel bad about treating yourself to good food for a reward/cheat? Why or why not?
I use to b/c I thought it hindered my progress. Now I realize my body enjoys it and most likely will rip right through the cals :chomp: … I also think it helps break a plateau sometimes

(13) What fast food restaurant/food do you prefer?
McDonalds Fries, Wendy Frosty, BK Whopper :evil:

(14) Beverage of choice? Regular and/or Alcohol.
Water, :) Sprite Zero, Red Wine, Kettle One/Grey Goose Vodka, Blue Moon or a GOOD beer from a brewery

(15) On a scale from 1-10 how competitive are you?
ugh closer to 10 than I need to be :rolleyes: , always in competition with myself ;)

(16) Receive compliments from other members/trainers/staff at the gym? Critique? How does it make you feel?
Yes. Feels great. I don't like when trainers tell me what to do b/c it's not his way of doing things. I've never had a female trainer comment negatively.

(17) What do you like to work out in?
BEBE & UA :evil:;) My nike pants (I have at least 5 pairs of the same fit), terry pants from Victoria Secret (again have at least 5 matching sets with hoodies) and usually razor back tanks from VS as well (10+ of those) :D Top wise, whatever I feel comfortable in on that day.

(18) Meaning behind your tattoos, if any? What would you like to get? Why?
Strawberry – Cute, small, present from my best friend at the time when I was around 15. I love strawberries, also a symbol for strawberry blonde hair I had … may get it changed since the artist went too high on the hip. 4 leaf clover – Irish and for luck after my grandmother passed away. Next tat will be eastern symbols & also a lotus… I feel that flower totally represents my life.

(19) What would you change most about your gym if you had the final say?
The price, for each of them!!!

(20) Have you ever stopped to help someone, offer advice or your opinion without being asked? (i.e. think ¼ rep squatter/leg presser)
Yes, after discussing injuries with a ‘gym friend’, stemming from his improper benching & dipping, lay down on a bench, reach back, full McDonald arch to grab a weighted barbell with both hands and proceed to do skull crushers. I told him I better not EVER see him do that again after the conversation we just had… :D ouuu big tough bunny

Ahhh came up with 20 questions… All I got… :)

Ok one more!!!

(21) Favorite show RIGHT NOW?!?! Im addicted to dancing with the stars .. :dance2: THIS season...

K now you go...

That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

The Shadow said:
That which we persist in doing becomes easier, not that the task itself has become easier, but that our ability to perform it has improved.

Ralph Waldo Emerson
I see, you posted that while you were filling out the ?'s... Cool :)

Legs baby - Legs - Back Squats more specifically.

I just want to be strong, I like the way it makes me feel - improved self image

(3) Do you have a Favorite Meal? Lets hear it! Healthy AND the cheat preferences!
Healthy - chik and brown rice w/ cholula all over both Cheat - T-Man, it's Sausage, turkey, brisket, fritos, beans, BBQ sause in a "bowl" - might get one on the way home - it has about 1.5lbs of meat!

Yes - don't enjoy my lifting w/out my Ipod. I am motivated by and enjoy music.

Metal and Hip Hop. Down w/ the sickness +1 here fo sho.

LIttle Black Ipod

Daily Vitamin only right now. Saving the store bought supps for when my cycle is done

Supps:
Test - has way more benefits than we realize
Deca - has way more benefits than we realize
GH - I believe it does what it says it will
:p :p :p

Anyone but me using the power rack

Mon, Tue, Thur, Fri, Sat. Usually 1.5 to 2 hrs. I typically train around 3pm

right now only boxing once a week - no other cardio

(12) Do you feel bad about treating yourself to good food for a reward/cheat? Why or why not?
Nope, no bad feelings here - b/c BiggT told me I didn't have to anymore! :)

Wendys

Water, Diet Coke, not big on booze - more of a herbal guy for relaxation

10+

(16) Receive compliments from other members/trainers/staff at the gym? Critique? How does it make you feel?
Yes - finally. "Damn your traps are big" from my old PT, and "You have really overhauled your physique, your shoulders are busting through your shirt" - from the nutritionist at the gym who is a writer for T-Nation. "Could you compete in the worlds strongest man?" - my 8yr old son - god I love that boy! I have to say that it makes me feel great b/c I have never gotten body related compliments - just made me smile typing this one!

Old t-shirts (black or grey b/c I sweat like a stuck pig), shorts, speed cats, and an angry look of rage and hatered

None - my wife is the tattoo freak in our house. She has a sunflower close to the coochie, and my name right above her butt crack - it was a 8yr wedding present from her - mean't more to me than her saying I Do. If I were to get any it would be all of my 4 kids names - probably a whole back kinda deal - we will see

Oly weights and a diff overall attitude to oly/powerlifting

(20) Have you ever stopped to help someone, offer advice or your opinion without being asked? (i.e. think ¼ rep squatter/leg presser)
A few times but I am no adonis so I keep to myself. I do shake my head and make noises at the half squatters

(21) Favorite show RIGHT NOW?!?! Bunny's log.....lol, Monday Night Football baby!

I don't have a real favorite right now... I love training, period.

I'd go postal on someone if I didn't. It keeps other around me happy when I train, lol... it's also a mental release. It's my drug.

Healthy: Lean Steak Filet, Sweet Potato, French cut green beans.
Cheat - Blue Cheese Crusted Filet, Garlic Mashed Tato's, Red Wine, Cheese Cake ... lol, ditto... but i don't think i'd call that a "cheat" for me nowadays :evil:

Yes, it's what gets my adrenaline flowing.

Lifting... metal (any and all... from mainstream TooL to In Flames, Ebony Tears, Children of Bodem... screaming crazy drum beat stuff) Cardio: techno, so I can get lost in the beat so I don't get bored and want to get off the machine, lol

iPod dizzle MINI ... silver color cuz i'm boring, lol... yes aluminum ... dropped an 80lb DB on it... still goin' strong, love it.

uhh... i never counted... gimme a sec *going to count* ok... around 33 on training days (includes CEE)

Supps:
Glucorell & Seasapure... insurance so I don't get fat, lol
Purecee - Muscle recovery and strength
AIFM - gives me more Testosterone :evil:
Vitamins
Multi, VitC, Omega oil caps (Flax oil at the momment)

People trying to ask me if i'm using a bench that's across the friggin' gym... "NO" .... you pain in the ass

3-4... Once a day, what are you nutz, i ain't gettin' up in the a.m. for cardio, LOL! 1-2 hours, depends on what day.

Seems to be good lately... i think at least 20 minutes a session

No, because my body needs it to lift, and push new PR's

McDonalds Fries, Wendy Frosty, BK Whopper :evil: Ditto, lol

Water, Milk, Sprite Zero, Red Wine, Kettle One/Grey Goose Vodka, Newcastle or a GOOD beer from a brewery... stop stealing my answers :p

lol... 12

Yes, from some of the employees I used to work with there... that still work there. Fine... feel the same as when I went in usually.

Nekkid. Ok, seriously... T-shirt, sweats, hat... usually layed up... the most I get down to is short and a T-shirt

None. I want to get a huge Koi fish design / Japanese influenced, that culture has always intriqued me, since I began studying Karate when I was 12.

A real squat rack, heavier DB's, a real dip station... i'd change way too much. It's deff. not my ideal gym.

I've helped spot, it's too time consuming to educate the mis-informed public... everytime i'm there i see haphazard lifting "techniques" sadly.

(21) Favorite show RIGHT NOW?!?!
Eh, I don't watch anything consistantly. House, Grey's anatomy are good if I can catch them on.

*Bunny* said:

We all know things change for us, sometimes daily and who doesn’t like change?! We all know our body does!

So I thought lets take the time out to get to know each other, and maybe our SELF a lil bit better! For this week at least! Try to answer the questions in a 1st thing that comes to mind type way, relative to your current training. :) There is no wrong answer or wrong way to answer the question, interpret as you see fit...

I'll go first ...

shoulders/ arnolds and back/bent over BB rows

work related reasons $$$$$ and a mental escape,

chix/ steak... browniesssssssss

yeah... keeps me focused

Lately: incubus, crystal method, tool, BT, massive attack (some) POD, Seether (some) Sublime, Three Drives, there's WAY more!!

Ipod

(7) How many pills do you take a day?
3 Milk Thistle

(8) Do you have a favorite supplement? Nope, don't take any

Someone using a piece of equipment I'm dead set on using... ditto!!!!

6 days Once and for up to to two hours

(11) How much cardio do you REALLY do? ZERO

Nope, because I have trouble keeping weight on...

I stay away... but if I have to it is Chipotle... Is it even considered fast???

(14) Beverage of choice? water, green tea, morning coffee[/COLOR]

9-10 true athlete.

ummmmm...... never thought abou it... I usually say thanks and avoid it, move on quickly... bad I know

Usually sweats, capris mainly with semi fitted long sleeves

none, I'm afraid if I get one, my whole body will be all tatted up within months... I wouldn't stop, so Ihave none but LOVE them and appreciate them.

Longer kid care hours and more for the kids to do in there

yup... helped a guy who passed out once, long time ago.. to get to a chair. but training advice, not unless I'm asked, (I get asked often)

Ahhh came up with 20 questions… All I got… :)

Ok one more!!!

(21) Favorite show RIGHT NOW?!?! dont have cable tv

K now you go...
;)

Last edited:
Funnly enough my favourite part is the part i hated training in the begining my back and my fav lift by far is deadlift

I hated being fat fullstop. Healthier lifestyle and feeling confident

Healthy - Any rice or pasta dish with chicken. Cheat - Anything pizza, chinese, Indian,hot choclate Fudge cake with icecream

Sometimes, my phone is a mp3 player but its a pain in the arse with the wires which irratate me.

Varies from dance/trance, R & B whatever really.

As already said my mp3 phone Sony w810i

Anything between 10-20 depending on day

Trex - extra energy, Tropical On Whey - taste good and is easy intake of protein, PureCee - have had good results

Waiting around for certain equipment

3 days, mainly late afternoon around 90mins to 2 hours.

At the minute 5 mins warmup on bike, when cutting a shit load

Fuck no, i work hard all week and deserve my cheat meal.

No named ones really just pizza papajons.

Water, diet pepsi, corona, rose wine.

Depends what in, if it was worded do you hate to lose? i would put 10

Love it good or bad as its just goves me more drive and new knowledge is always usefull

Nike shorts and T-Shirt at the min gonna get a vest soon i was way to fat when i started on and nike shox.

Not at the min im a coward. Plus i as thinking when i get the physique i want i dont really wanna cover it up. I will have to get the palms of my hands done or something :)

Some of the juicers as im fucked off with them throwing the weights down from head height and them leaving them all over teh fuckin place.

Only friends.

(21) Favorite show RIGHT NOW?!?! Im addicted to dancing with the stars ..
To many, erm Lost, Ultimate Fighter, ok girly one Desperate Housewives ;), Prison break.

Legs - Hack squats

Though consistency is a major issue, I enjoy the calm and balanced mental state I achieve from a good workout

Healthy - Grilled chicken and sweet potato
Not so healthy - Roast lamb or beef, mashed white potatoes and gravy
Downright artery clogging - good quality cheeses (rocquefort, camembert, strong cheddar) with white crusty bread and a glass of red wine

Only when doing cardio, helps to increase speed and intensity

Dance, techno, anything with a fast beat

White Ipod

Around 15 pills, plus a couple of powders

Glucosamine - really does keep the aches away
MACA powder - noticeable increase in energy
Glucorell - controls bloat

Anyone using the squat rack for anything other than squats

When I'm "on" - 4 times per week - about 1 1/4 hours with extra cardio sessions (45 mins) if I can fit in

25 mins after weights, occasional empty stomach session at the weekend

Yes, because of the consistency issue I'm either all ON or all OFF. So when I'm ON, I feel guilty.

KFC

Water
A good strong coffee
Top shelf vodka martini

3 - maybe this is my problem

In the past - initially I feel great then feel very self conscious and likely to fall off the wagon :confused:

Baggy Ts and shorts - usually Everlast or Nike

None - just not for me

Larger - it's cramped for space

No, though I can pick out the problems, just not confident/have time enough to do so. I've spotted some guys though.

Two and a Half Men - so good for a real belly laugh [/QUOTE]

*Bunny* said:
My all-time favorite lifts are the incline press (barbell) and the front squat.

(2) Why do you make it a point to train? What’s in it for you!?[/B
I've always been a weightroom junkie. I've always gravitated towards strength-sports and it is just what I like to do. I feel it promotes self-improvement and makes me a better person. I also think it spills over positvely into other aspects of my life by building character, confidence, and work-ethic.

(3) Do you have a Favorite Meal? Lets hear it! Healthy AND the cheat preferences! Healthy; Filet Mingon and lobster tail with a baked potato and Caesar salad.
Cheat; Open-faced meatload sandwich with grave, fries covered in gravy, coleslaw, and a slice of Key Lime pie.

(4) Do you need to listen to music when you train?
I don't NEED to, but I prefer to. When I listen to music, it can always have an effect on my mood and intensity, and when doing something physical I find it helps me.

Unlike most of my friends, I don't really like super heavy stuff or anything where it sounds like the lead singer is puking into the microphone. Mostly I listen to Weezer, 80s stuff like Poison and Motley Crue, lots of rap, some metal of course, I like Danzig a lot.

Nope

Not very many...in a day maybe 4 grams of Vit-C (4 pills) and 1 multi, and a B-Complex.

No, I am not a very big believer in the supplement industry as a whole. As far as Vitamins, I feel it is important for athletes to take in an abundance of water-soluble vitamins that are lost through sweat and urination (from excessive water consumption).

What annoys me most are people who spread outright lies, inaccuracies, myths, half-truths, and deceptions to the uninformed public in order to make a buck.

This really varies. My heavy, high-volume days are 2-2.5 hours, lighter or low-volume days are between an hour-an hour and a half. I train anywhere from 3-6 days a week.

Right now, just 1 day of HIIT, if that.

NEVER, lol. I am not the strictest of dieters though. If I eat some junk, I don't mind so long as I have gotten enough protein and good stuff from clean sources. The thing I found that held back my progress at times is being too strict with my eating and not hitting caloric excess.

Wendy's (everything on the menu) and Taco Bell (everything on the menu)

Milk is my all-time favorite (whole, 2%, 1%, skim, chocolate, whatever) I love milk. Lately I have been on a diet Moutain dew kick too. I like unsweetened iced tea also. I don't have a huge taste for alcohol, but my drinks of choice are either red wine or Guinness or some sort of lite beer depending on the mood/company.

In a competitive situation, a 10. Although, I never let it cause me to be a poor sportsman. In a non-competitive situation, I am laid back (meaning I have no problem letting my 5 year-old female cousin beat me at arm wrestling, lol).

Yes. Compliments are always good. I've never, ever received any form of critique at a commercial gym. When I learned how to clean and snatch in the old weightroom back in the day, lol, I received tons upon tons of critique. The o-lifts are very technical, and I still get torn apart by a good coach when I go to a REAL gym to work on some stuff. But, at the commercial gym, "Joe I got certified on the internet" makes a point not to cross my path, lol.

Mesh shorts, and a t-shirt or tank top, and my olympic lifting shoes.

I have one going down each tricep. They are my parent's initials (dad's on the right, mom's on the left). My dad died when I was very young, so I always wanted to do something with that in a tattoo. I thought the triceps were 'different'. You can't tattoo 1 tricep and let the other go, lol, so I put my mom's (who is alive and well) on the other. My mom comes from an era when only sailors and inmates got tats, so she said 'you should have tattooed a-hole across your forehead' lol.....I may or may not get one more on the upper back, I haven't decided.

We need bumper plates.

(20) Have you ever stopped to help someone, offer advice or your opinion without being asked?
I will help anybody who asks me. I ONLY approach younger lifters with unsolicited advice though. I will also approach to compliment younger lifters when they do things right too. If something is looking downright dangerous to the point where somebody would seriously get hurt and I wouldn't be able to live with myself for not intervening, I'd say something.

Any and all college football

Legs and I luv the press 'cause in my gym the mirrors are positioned so I can see all the muscles working

Being one of the oldest gals here, I have to counter the aging as much as possible. I ALWAYS feel great after a workout.

Healthy - Grilled chicken or shrimps or steak on a bed of field greens
Cheat - homemade seafood gumbo, hot french bread and bread pudding

Yes!!! Music helps me get in the zone and focus on my workout, not surrounding distractions....Ditto!

I have a blend of Genres, HipHop, Trance, Alternative, Metal, etc...Ditto again!

SanDisk MP3

Varies...usually 10-12

No favorites right now...course that is subject to change at any given time
Fav vitamin is Vit C especially this time of year - keeps me healthy

Someone making a point of interrupting a set to ask if that is my last set! and people who sit on a machine between sets

Currently, 4 days on 3 off, in the a.m. and only for an hour or so

Zero, zip, nada, NONE. I have not done any cardio for ~6 weeks now.

I use to b/c I thought it hindered my progress. Now I realize my body enjoys it and most likely will rip right through the cals … I also think it helps break a plateau sometimes...Ditto again

None, unless Subway or Quizno's counts.

Water, Sprite Zero, Sam's flavored waters, coffee

With myself, 10+, with others, 7

Yes. Feels great. It means that my hard work is paying off.

Athletic shorts, t-shirts w/sleeves removed, some great shirts my Mom got for me from LL Bean (fabric that wicks away that moisture). I'm not much for showing alot of skin while working out.

None for me. Never cared for them.

Make it mandatory for everyone to wipe down equipment when finished. Add another squat rack and bigger variety of upper body equipment.

(20) Have you ever stopped to help someone, offer advice or your opinion without being asked?
I will help anybody who asks me. I don't offer advice unless I see someone doing something that could harm them (as in incorrect form) or be dangerous.

Deal or No Deal. I am absolutely addicted to this show! Otherwise, CSI.

Top Bottom