Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Model Diet

ASU

What would a fitness model's diet be like? what would be her typical Macros (calories from protein, carbohyrdates & fats)

My body is really weird but when I need to cut down for a shoot, I usually ask for 3 weeks notice..... some people might not have that luxury but then I am not a full time fitness model anyways. I am on a website now though, and they are asking monthly-once every two months to have a shoot. When I have three weeks notice, I usually am okay to use this weird diet that my boyfriend gave me, some people might not like it but I do. Its purpose is to gain a pound of muscle every week on offseason but still be ready for shoots. Hopefully if you do it right you will gain muscle, I did, but most people can't take the pigging out weekends.... I CAN!! :D

Here goes:

*I will eat 5-6 times a day
*cheat all weekend (I don't mean little cheating here and there!!! I mean full on, eating chocolate, candy, cakes, hot wings, burgers, pizza, EVERYTHING and eating ALL weekend. Stuff EVERYTHING in your FACE! Girls usually fail on this diet because they can't handle the cheating.... ex. "Oh I will get fat!!" Me- I have a boyfriend who loves to eat and he is the one who put me on this diet, and he is huge.... he will be competing at the Canadians soon.
*Here is the kicker: 100g of carbs or less per day and CLEAN protien.

You may have:

- All the protien you can eat, not really entirely important to measure this to the tee just don't overeat... use chicken or tuna or protien shakes, or eye of round steak. Clean protien.

- 1 tbsp Kraft Light Calorie Wise Catalina 3.5g of carbs, Ranch - 6g of carbs, or Thousand Islands 3.5g of carbs WITH your....

- SALAD.... this is what keeps your carbs so low. No rice, no potato.... just salad, if you don't like salad, the only other option you have on this diet is rice cakes.... and this diet may not be for you. 1 cup of salad is 2.5g of carbs, have 2-3 cups of salad like 3-5 times a day.

- I try to keep it to 1oz of oatmeal which is 20g of carbs in the morning with an egg white pancake, as many as you like.

- 8 rice cakes - 10g of carbs- try to have one meal as a protien shake after the gym with rice cakes or if you don't have salad then use the rice cakes but you should have them at least once a day to keep your starchy carbs in there somewhat.

- If you like cottage cheese it is protien too! Just remember it also has carbs... 6g per 1/2cup of it.

- I also like Cream of wheat- 22g of carbs in the morning.

*********Important

This diet is extremely anabolic. Food is the most anabolic substance there is. If you follow this to the tee it will work for sure but you have to eat your face off on the weekends, it is like boosting your metabolism and you will gain water, yes, but by the time you get to Tuesday or Wednesday depending on your body, you will lose all of it and hopefully still have an extra pound of muscle to show for it because you worked your ass off in the gym on Monday and Tuesday and maybe one day on the weekend or whatever training you do!

As well.... on the week of your shoot..... for the last couple days before the shoot, like 1-3 days, depending on how you feel, you can switch to just protien, 5-6 times a day. I will use tuna and salsa. I will also drink alot of water the day before the shoot to flush my system out and then stop the night before. AND, this is just me but I will fat/carb load. I might have 5 donuts the night before with my water or a burger and fries. This will fill up my muscles and make me look fuller... you really have to listen to your body to know when to stop or you will spill over. In the morning, you should look tight. If your shoot is on the weekend, of course you won't eat junk all day, when you get up though is when you will look your best. This is when the photog should be shooting you, ideally. If you have a break during the day, eat some salsa and tuna, and lay down for awhile to even out your water.

Try this if you are interested on a Friday, just as an experiment. When you wake up on Saturday it will be time to pig out anyways.... I usually start eating chocolate at midnight on Friday, lol!! :p

Anyways, this all works for me. I know because I have experimented with my body. This may not work for you and maybe you may find all of this retarded but I just thought you could use some advice if you don't want to diet fulltime year round. And.... let's face it, pigging out on the weekends rules.

Anyways let me know what you think and if you try it out you can ask me anything. :rainbow:

Last edited:
Thanks candadianlday :) Great post and I do believe this diet Will work if you follow
Just few questions:

* Isnt Rice Cakes high in GI? Why wouldn't you replace it with Sprouted bread, yams or more oats?
* Fruits not allowed?
* So you basically dont count the calories (protein, fat) on weekdays.. you just limit the carbs? you count the green veggies carbs too?

ASU said:
What would a fitness model's diet be like? what would be her typical Macros (calories from protein, carbohyrdates & fats)

Depends on her height, weight, BF%, activity level, genetics, training, what she is modeling, if she competes, when the shoot is, and her body type. Every single diet out there will be different.

In general, a person should eat high quality lean protein, limited starchy carbs, focus on fibrous carbs, and keep fats moderate and from healthy sources. Many seem to like 40%P, 30%C, 30%F - but that is up to you.

ASU said:
Thanks candadianlday :) Great post and I do believe this diet Will work if you follow
Just few questions:

* Isnt Rice Cakes high in GI? Why wouldn't you replace it with Sprouted bread, yams or more oats?
* Fruits not allowed?
* So you basically dont count the calories (protein, fat) on weekdays.. you just limit the carbs? you count the green veggies carbs too?

Yes they are but if you just limit them to eating 8 mini rice cakes like I said it will make your diet alot more enjoyable and really I think this diet is about limiting the fat and carbs so that when you get the cheat days on the weekend, it is like a mini rebound, like when you compete and then after the show you come off your diet and start eating normally. Most bodybuilders take advantage of that time to work as hard as they can.

You can have any kind of your standard starchy carb (no processed carbs... as in no Golden Grahams, I am talking potatoes and yams like you said) I guess that you want, you just can't go over 100g per day. In that case if you are trying to eat 10g, I find it easier to have rice cakes instead of a 1/4 cup of rice which is around 12.5g of carbs.... which would you rather eat? That or the 8 barbeque flavored rice cakes that look like doritos nowadays? No brainer for me! I find this diet to be very quick preparation, unlike the waiting for rice to cook... bag of lettuce, rice cakes.... oatmeal, no preparation except for breakfast, yay!

Fruit contains fructose which has a high likelyhood of being turned into body fat because it takes too long for the liver to turn it to blood suger to use for energy. While it is lower on the GI than rice cakes it is more pure sugar than a rice cake would ever be. GI is important but food SOURCE is more important..... anyways if you think about it, 3 months out, what is more likely to be on a bodybuilder's diet? Fruit or rice cakes??

No I don't count the calories.... I just limit the carbs. You might want to try writing them down on a peice of paper for a couple days to really see how they add up! One really good meal I eat alot on this diet is shishkabobs (pre photoshoot, I also use this as well as the tune and salsa to switch it up and try to cut out carbs entirely. Use chicken or steak with red peppers and onions and some cherry tomatoes if you are not in pre photoshoot days). I own a barbeque that I live my life around when I'm dieting, yes, try to count the green veggies too, you would be suprised to find out how all the carbs add up per day! Even if you are skimpy on everything! For protien, just calculate how much you want to eat per day, go around 2g per pound you weight a day. That is if you want to put on muscle or keep it, however it works for you.

Thanks for not slamming my ideas, some people think I am CRAZY for saying this shit! :evil:

ASU said:

That would be entirely dependent on each and every "fitness model".

Why don't you ask us what you really want to know.

Once again, thanks candadianlday!
* I will try not to count protein and fats.. just keep record of the carbs. its going to be hard for me to count the carbs from veggies (sine I eat alot of green veggies)

* Do you subtract the fiber from the total daily carbs?
* so, I need to count every carb content? from cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, whey protein, and even veggies

* Is Low carb yogurt with only 3 grams of sugar allowed ?
* I normally workout after my first meal.. so, would my first meal needs to include oats and my second meal which is my Post workout meal needs to include carbs as well?

* Is cardio (spin class) allowed with this diet routine?

ASU said:
Once again, thanks candadianlday!
* I will try not to count protein and fats.. just keep record of the carbs. its going to be hard for me to count the carbs from veggies (sine I eat alot of green veggies)

* Do you subtract the fiber from the total daily carbs?
* so, I need to count every carb content? from cheese, cottage cheese, nuts, whey protein, and even veggies

* Is Low carb yogurt with only 3 grams of sugar allowed ?
* I normally workout after my first meal.. so, would my first meal needs to include oats and my second meal which is my Post workout meal needs to include carbs as well?

* Is cardio (spin class) allowed with this diet routine?

Well I use frozen veggies and just estimate the salad, like a handful out of the bag is a cup... so the grams of carbs are easy to count that way, I suppose if you eat fresh cut greens it is harder. I probably just include around 2.5g of carbs for a shishkabob for the veggies.

No I don't subtract the fiber from the carbs.... I guess one thing I forgot to say is there is no added fat with this diet.... you may have 1% cottage cheese, but no cheese, nuts.... and I would save ever the yogurt for the weekend, most of it has fruit anyways..... I guess this is what might challenge some people. I have so much fun on the weekends though! :)

Ya, first meal get your biggest intake of carbs... as in the 20 or so grams from the oats or cream of wheat or whatever. Second meal or any meal after the gym is so easy just to have a shake and some mini rice cakes.

You can do anything in your daily routine on this diet! No problem.... I guess you may have lower energy towards Thurs-Fri because you are going to be more depleted from the low intake of carbs. (BUT higher on Mon and Tues! This is where you make your gains!) Also.... I don't know your opinion on sodium (ooooooooooooohhh.... controversial issue!!) but I have always included it as a normal person would! If you don't normally consume sodium you will retain more water than normal on the weekends from the pigging out. Salt your shishkabobs and chicken ..... it's no big deal! My last contest I never cut it out in fact I sodium LOADED for my contest, eating pickles with alot of water (as well as my normail diet food of course) for a week and a half until the Wed, and then stopping for the contest on Sat. Also, sodium is important to athletes because it helps your muscles fire harder and faster so that you can contract them harder!

I am sure everyone is looking at this post like.... :rolleyes: lol..... but if you want to check out my craziness you can get some info on my boyfriend's trainer who is who I am listening to right now, he trains my boyfriend, my boyfriend trains me... I know this guy is legit because he is like a scientist/bodybuilder... check it out.... www.scottabel.com and read his free articles, he is AMAZING.

:rainbow:

So, no additional fat? let say I have a protein shake with only 4 grams of carbs and 1.5 grams fat, there is no need to add fat?

Instead of rice cakes can a I have a slice Sprouted Multi grain bread (15 grams carbs, .5 fat) per slice?

This sounds great! easy to follow no need to worry if I hit my protein/fat intakes
I tend to binge on the weekends and do well on weekedays... but Im gaining fat with that process since Im eating balanced carb/fat/protein during the week

I want to start this tomorrow!

Top Bottom