Please Scroll Down to See Forums Below
napsgear
genezapharmateuticals
domestic-supply
puritysourcelabs
Research Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic
napsgeargenezapharmateuticals domestic-supplypuritysourcelabsResearch Chemical SciencesUGFREAKeudomestic

Fitness Model Diet

Perhaps I have no business jumping in here, but it seems like there's a link missing... velvett touched on it...

I feel like you're asking the question "what is a fitness model's diet" so you can follow it and look like a fitness model. However, what canadianlady provided you with was a diet specifically preparing for a photo shoot. She's already got the body, she just uses this to prep it to look its best.

If you're looking to look like a fitness model from a non-fitness model body, this is not a magic diet for you. There's a lot more involved than crazy binges, very low carbs, and extremely high protein.

Let me know if I'm wrong though, it could be that you already have the body and you're looking for a diet to prepare for a shoot and I just misunderstood.

ASU said:
So, no additional fat? let say I have a protein shake with only 4 grams of carbs and 1.5 grams fat, there is no need to add fat?

Instead of rice cakes can a I have a slice Sprouted Multi grain bread (15 grams carbs, .5 fat) per slice?

This sounds great! easy to follow no need to worry if I hit my protein/fat intakes
I tend to binge on the weekends and do well on weekedays... but Im gaining fat with that process since Im eating balanced carb/fat/protein during the week

I want to start this tomorrow!

Ashley went where I was getting ready to go.

I am not slamming this diet because it apparently works for CL. Everyone is different.

The point is that CL is already fit, already lean. She benefits from this diet becasue she already knows her body, and is maintaining her look. If you are new to diet and training, then this will be WAY to extreme for you right off the bat.

The fact that you state that you think this diet will be "easy to follow" is a HUGE red flag for me. I am not sure you know how hard and painful it can be to low carb it. No carbs is BRUTAL, especially to a newcomer. Get ready for blinding headaches, days you lose your breath climbing the stairs (let alone training!), and those days where you are in such a brain-fog you aren't sure if you live in Arizona or Arkansas.

I think you are focusing too much on the fun "binge weekends" than the other 5 days of extreme deprivation. No at OR carbs during the week is not really a good idea.

I do NOT think this diet is a good choice, but again, it seems to work for CL. I think it would be a MUCH better, MUCH healthier idea to look at a healthier, more balanced, moderation - BUT CLEAN FOODS - diet.

Especially if you are not sure about portions, food choices, timing of meals, etc. Mentally, you need to understand the impact of food. You need to be able to analyze your choices, and the impact of those choices, without blindly following someone else's diet. Which may or may not work for you.

You have already stated that you can't get ahold of food on the weekends. The question is WHY can't you get ahold on it? The answer is NOT to keep allowing that. Chances are, you will continue gaining fat, simply because you have not taken the time to UNDERSTAND your choices, REALIZE the impact, and HOW to CHANGE them. This cycle will continue, regardless of what diet you choose.

Not to mention, someone who recommends something this extreme without knowing your present diet, present training, history, stats and goals is borderline negligent.

Last edited:
Ppl can really only use peoples diets and exercise plans as guildelines.

you have to tailor them to fit your dietary needs and exercis ability. What works for one won't work for another and there is no magic that can change that

Thanks girls :)
But Im not a new comer to bodybuilding diets.. I've done low carb plans before (low carbs and cab up) beverly's diet way.. It just sounds easier to me than other bodybuilding diets since I dont have to worry about counting the fats and protein in each meal..

If I end up doing this plan, starting tomorrow.. my plan is to cheat only one day (sat or sun)
I dont want to be using this plan for the rest of my life.. just give it a month or two and then go back to bulking diet with high complex carbs and protein

ASU said:
So, no additional fat? let say I have a protein shake with only 4 grams of carbs and 1.5 grams fat, there is no need to add fat?

Instead of rice cakes can a I have a slice Sprouted Multi grain bread (15 grams carbs, .5 fat) per slice?

This sounds great! easy to follow no need to worry if I hit my protein/fat intakes
I tend to binge on the weekends and do well on weekedays... but Im gaining fat with that process since Im eating balanced carb/fat/protein during the week

I want to start this tomorrow!

Heya.... obviously I have struck some chords by assuming that if you are asking about a fitness model diet that you are not 150 lbs, 25% body fat and 5ft 2in tall. Anyways, I think you'll notice that when I posted I did say a couple things that might make anyone think about doing this sensibly......

"Anyways, this all works for me. I know because I have experimented with my body. This may not work for you and maybe you may find all of this retarded but I just thought you could use some advice if you don't want to diet fulltime year round."

Anyways since in your private message you told me your stats are nothing like that, this diet is okay for you and the high protein will do you good, remember 2g per pound.

Yep, no added fat, so during the week when you have not added anything extra, when you get it back on the weekend you will really get the mini rebound. Remember that I said no processed foods.... unfortunately that means no bread.

As long as you don't get overly extreme about limiting your carbs, you will not get headaches. If you have trouble sticking to the low carbs, try 120g of carbs per day for the first week and see what works. Keep it to 80g at the lowest.

As with anything in life, you should research and make sure you know the basics, which ASU has already indicated she does. But really, what is the big deal if you try something for a week and if it works, COOL if not then it was something you tried for a week or two! Everything in life is something you try out and take for a spin. If it gives you headaches, then stop the diet if you can't take it (it does NOT give me headaches, if anything it will make me slightly tired for Thurs-Fri, like I have already said)

This diet is extremely anabolic, like I said... but if you keep it to one cheat day on the weekend, then make sure you go ALL OUT. Eat your face off. If you take away one of the cheat days you will just lean out faster I guess, but I'm not guaranteeing anything about headaches if you do 6 days of low carb.

Anyways, last post I guess, borderline negligent isn't something I desire to be called when I am just trying to help out someone else which is what I assume is what we're all doing here, brainstorming, morph what someone gives you for an idea, change it to make it your own. Good luck ASU. :rainbow:

You're going to have to spend some time trying different combinations of food to see what works for you. The body is crazy like that and what may have worked for you a year ago may not work now - so you always have to play with the foods you consume.

Here's a standard for/from me (take from it what you will):

Foods to eat: (standard list for me)

oatmeal
cream of wheat
potato
sweet potato/yams
rice brown/white
cottage cheese (this doesn't work for everyone)
all green veggies
peppers (red yellow)
chicken
fish
pork
lean beef
eggs
almonds, walnuts, pecans
peanut butter (this works for a lot of people)
avocado
olive oil (salads/ veggies)

Fruits - some people can diet with them some can't
berries
melon
apples
(I eat bananas and pineapple w/ my 1st meal even though the sugar content is high - but this works for me - doesn't work for many people)

Meal one - 1/2 cup cream of wheat or oats with nuts, splenda & vanilla extract, or tbls peanut butter. 1-2 eggs (or 3 -4 egg whites w/ 1 yolk)

Meals 2-4/5 - roughly 4-6oz of protein (I eat mostly fish), for 2 of those meals either 1/2 potato or a real small one or 1/2 cup of rice (white or brown) and for all meals as much salad or green veggies as you want.

Good snacks - avocado and almonds, OR eat some of either with your meals, it's a good source of fat.

Thanks Velvet :)
What you posted for your typical meal(s) is what I used to eat.. but since I started to binge like crazy I can't seem to go back to my typical balanced meals because I guess my mind is fearing carbs

ASU said:
Thanks Velvet :)
What you posted for your typical meal(s) is what I used to eat.. but since I started to binge like crazy I can't seem to go back to my typical balanced meals because I guess my mind is fearing carbs

take it one meal at a time, then one day at a time.
it's hard when you just lose your mind and it's like EAT EAT EAT

if you're afraid of carbs (you mean starches right?) get all your carbs from greens until you feel secure in your food choices to add some rice and oats.

canadianlady, low carb is not going to be hard for me.. maybe only the first two days till I get used to it..as long as Im eating my tons of veggies (greens) I should be ok
The only new thing to me is not adding any fat into my meals .. but this is the challange and Im ready for this challange :)

Is there a place in this forum where you post your daily meals/workouts?

Top Bottom